India Post GDS Salary: Gramin Dak Sevaks receive salaries on the basis of the number of hours they work with the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, Government of India. With the new structure, the candidates who seek to apply for recruitment in the Post Offices must check the details on the India Post GDS Salary 2023. In the following article, information is provided on the Job Profile, Allowances and Perks of working as Gramin Dak Sevak in the India Post Offices.
India Post GDS Salary 2023
The Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, Government of India has made certain changes in the salary structure. They have increased the pay scale. The Gramin Dak Sevaks are paid Time-Related Continuity Allowance TRCA as the Basic Pay. This implies that the basic salary that the India Post GDS earns depends on the hours they work in a day. Additionally, for the final salary, the TCRA is added to the different allowances that are applicable to the employee.
India Post Office Latest Salary for GDS
The Gramin Dak Sevaks GDS are paid according to the number of hours they work for a day in a month. The final salary is basically the Time-Related Continuity Allowance TRCA added with the additional allowances as applicable. The salary ranges depending on hours have been listed subsequently along with the possible monthly salary:
|S.No.||Posts||Salary for 4 Working Hours||Monthly Salary for 4 Daily Working Hours||Salary for 5 Working Hours||Monthly Salary for 5 Daily Working Hours|
|1.||Branch Postmaster BPM||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 29,380||Rs. 14,500||Rs. 35,480|
|2.||Assistant Branch Postmaster ABPM||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 24,470||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 29,480|
|3.||Gramin Dak Sevak GDS||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 24,470||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 29,480|
Also Check: 7th Pay Commission
India Post Mail Deliverer Salary Specifications
For the post of Mail Deliverer, the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications under the Government of India have listed the following specification of the Salary Structure:
|S.No.||Working Hours||Basic Salary||Increment||Dearness Allowance||Gross Salary|
|1.||3||Rs. 2,665||Rs. 50||Rs. 3,111||Rs. 5,836|
|2.||3.75||Rs. 3,300||Rs. 60||Rs. 3,963||Rs. 7,293|
|3.||5||Rs. 4,220||Rs. 75||Rs. 5,022||Rs. 9,242|
India Gramin Dak Sevak Old Salary Structure
For the post of India Post Gramin Dak Sevak GDS, the ensuing procedure was followed to determine the final salary amount. However, now the format has been changed. The older format has been listed for the purpose of reference:
|S.No.||Working Hours||Basic Salary or TRCA||Increment||Dearness Allowance||Gross Salary|
|1.||3||Rs. 2,045||Rs. 50||Rs. 3,261||Rs. 6,012|
|2.||3.5||Rs. 3,200||Rs. 60||Rs. 3,808||Rs. 7,008|
|3.||4||Rs. 3,660||Rs. 70||Rs. 4,355||Rs. 8,015|
|4.||5||Rs. 4,575||Rs. 85||Rs. 5,444||Rs. 10,019|
Also Read: Indian Army Salary 2023
Incentives and Allowances for Gramin Dak Sevak in India
Other than the Remuneration, the Gramin Dak Sevaks are also paid allowances and get additional incentives from the authority. Since it is a Government job, the department has fixed certain guidelines. The following incentives and allowances are applicable for India Post GDS:
- The Gramin Dak Sevaks are paid Time-Related Continuity Allowance TRCA along with the Dearness Allowance every month as a part of their salary.
- The authorities at the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication, Government of India pay an amount up to Rs. 6000 per annum to the Gramin Dak Sevak for the purpose of education of their children.
- Further, they get an allowance of Rs. 25 per month for the purpose of stationary shopping.
- For the post of Branch Master, the authorities have notified Office Rent of Rs. 500 for a Standard Office and Rs. 200 for a Non-Standard Office.
- The authorities also pay a Cycle Maintenance Allowance of Rs. 60 monthly to the Gramin Dak Sevaks.
- Branch Post Master or Sub-Post Master are also applicable for Office Maintenance Allowance of Rs. 100 per month.
- Boatmen are allowed a Boat Allowance of Rs. 50 monthly.
- The Department of Posts also allows a Combined Duty Allowance CDA of Rs. 500 monthly for Branch Postmasters who deliver the mail in urban areas. In the case of village or rural areas, the amount reduces to Rs. 250 per month.
- Male Employees can request transfers once while Female Employees can request transfers twice.
- After at least ten years of service as Gramin Dak Sevak GDS at the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, Government of India, the employees can also apply for Voluntary Retirement.
|Official Portal||India Post GDS Online Engagement|
|Download||Latest Recruitment Notification of India Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Visit||Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, Government of India|
An India Gramin Dak Sevak can nearly earn Rs. 29,480 monthly if they work for 5 hours while Rs. 24,470 monthly if they work for 4 hours in 2023.
Yes, Gramin Dak Sevak gets additional allowances in the Post Offices in India other than the remuneration, such as Children’s Education Allowance, Cycle Allowance, Maintenance Allowance, Combined Duty Allowance, Boat Allowance, and more, depending on the applicability.