ABHA Health Card: Last year on the 27th of September, 2021, the Indian government inaugurated a program known as the Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission (ABDM). The main objective of this program is to provide a digital health Identity card that will hold all the important medical documents of Indian Citizens. Therefore to implement this program, the government of India initiated a program under the ABDM mission known as the Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA).
Furthermore, after the successful implementation of ABDM, Indian citizens will be able to download the health card and will be able to access all the medical history as well as documents of the citizen.
Here in this article, we will discuss all the important information about the ABHA Heath Card and will present the readers with the application process, eligibility criteria along with the benefits of this Health Card.
What is ABHA Health Card?
ABHA stands for Ayushman Bharat Health Account. It can also be stated as a Health Card. The ABHA health card is a health card introduced under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme. This card will be secured and streamlined through a platform that will store all the private medical information of the Indian citizen. The ABHA health card will provide the citizen with a 14-digit identification number. Additionally, after gaining access to the ABHA Health card, individuals will not have to carry any additional documents with them and just have to share their Health card number with the officials. Your health card will consist of all the previous medical history of the individual.
Also Read: Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2024
Benefits of ABHA Health Card
There are numerous benefits of the ABHA Health ID Card. Some of the benefits have been stated in the below list. The benefits are as follows:
- To start with, one of the advantages of this health card is that the patient is not required to carry all the hard copies of the previous medical documents. The medical documents such as their Tests, diagnosis and various prescriptions recommended by the doctors previously can be directly accessed through this card.
- Now another advantage of the ABHA Health Card is that the patient can share all their medical history with the visiting hospitals by just sharing their card number. Hence, through this number, they can take prescriptions from a new doctor also.
- The citizens will be able to retrieve information from the Healthcare Professional Registry (HPR). This registry will provide the complete details about all the doctors registered in India.
- In addition to the above registry, ABHA cardholders will also be able to access the Health Facility Registry (HFR) which will consist of the list of all the hospitals and clinics. It will include the government as well as the private hospitals in India.
- This card will also be valid in hospitals providing AYUSH treatment. The treatment is expected to cover Yoga and Naturopathy, Ayurveda, and Unani.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required For ABHA Health Card
For availing of the benefits of the ABHA Card, the first and foremost thing a beneficiary is required to fulfil is that they should be a citizen of India. Furthermore, the applicants who want to enrol for the ABHA card can present the following documents and can retrieve their ABHA Health Card. However, the beneficiaries are not required to submit any physical documents. Furthermore, the applicants are required to fill in the following information for the ABHA ID Card.
- Aadhar Number
- PAN Number
- Valid Mobile Number
- Driving License Number
Also Check: Digital Health ID Card
Application Process For ABHA Number
The applicants can create their ABHA Card by following the below steps:
- As a first step, the applicants are advised to open the official portal i.e. Ayushman card download
- Now the homepage of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission (ABDM) and ABHA will open up.
- Now on the homepage, find the icon “Create ABHA Number” and click on that option.
- Now the applicant can create their ABHA Number either by using their Aadhaar or Driving License.
- If applying through Aadhaar Card, select it and fill in your Aadhaar number and read all the instructions and then click on the” I agree” icon and select the “Next” option.
- Afterwards, the applicant has to undergo the Aadhaar Authentication stage.
- After Aadhaar authentication, the applicant has to fill in their details.
- After the completion of their profile, the applicant can proceed towards the final stage where the ABHA number is created.
- Eventually, the applicant will obtain their ABHA number.
Also Read: Suman Scheme Registration
How to Download ABHA Health Card?
After creating the ABHA Number, the applicants can follow the below step to download their ABHA Health card :
- Th applicant is required to open the official website i.e. https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/
- On the top of the homepage, you will find an option of “Already have ABHA number? Login”.Click on that icon.
- Now the applicant can log in through their registered mobile number or ABHA number.
- If Logging in through the ABHA number then fill in the ABHA number and year of birth.
- Click on the Continue icon.
- After logging in, the applicant will find their details in it.
- The applicant will find an option to Download the ABHA health card. Click on that and download it.
NO, both the mission of the government of India are the same. The only difference is that ABDM was launched before NDHM and covered only six UT however NDHM launched in 2021 is for the whole nation.
There is no such cost involved in creating the ABHA health card.
Yes, the applicant can opt out of the service at their own will.