Wedding Anniversary Speech: Wedding Speeches can be emotional, fun, and highly adorable. If your Didi and Jija are celebrating their anniversary anytime soon and you have to give a speech out of responsibility or your will, keep reading. For many people, a little guidance within speeches can do wonders.
If you aim to get some applause, tears, laughs, and smiles at your speech, follow the guidance below. Here, we have provided complete assistance on how to draft the speech, how to speak on the day of the event, quotes to add, and an exemplary speech. This shall help you!
Wedding Anniversary Speech for Didi and Jija
Wedding Anniversary is the best occasions. They signify togetherness, understanding, and love. When someone close is celebrating their milestone of marriage, the event becomes more special. This is so because mostly, you have had the opportunity to watch their life up close.
If your elder sister and brother-in-law are celebrating their marriage anniversary and you have to speak on the occasion, you could be excited but also a bit uncertain. This is very natural. Thus, you might need a little help in drafting and articulating your thoughts. The best speech would be the one which will not be cliched and will remain in memory for a long time.
This might seem tough, but it is not. All you need to do is follow the right steps and your speech could really make people cry, laugh, and adore the relationship, and of course, you!
How to Write a Wedding Anniversary Speech?
Wedding Anniversary Speech for didi and jiju is informal speeches. They have a personal touch and are often bounded with emotions. The speech must be written in advance to avoid any influx or stream of emotion due to the closeness of the event. Thus, draft the speech before the actual day of event. While writing the speech, follow the subsequent structure to align your thoughts and make them fall in a perfect permutation:
- Start with congratulating the couple.
- Welcome the guests or address them before starting with the speech.
- Discuss the day of the wedding. It creates the right nostalgia.
- Add some fun elements to the speech. It will keep the audience involved and engaged.
- Do not speak of anything negative or offensive. Stick to emotions and positives.
- Conclude by stating the importance of the bond in your life and how it matters to the people around you.
- Mostly, speak about the qualities of the relationship and not the individuals.
Important Things to Consider While Delivering the Speech
Writing is one thing, and speaking is another. There is a huge difference when it comes to speaking. You might be able to write a tear-jerker and fun speech but it is important that you deliver it in the right tone and with the right expressions. If the draft is not adequately spoken, the magic that you intend with your speech shall be lost. The following points must be considered while speaking on the stage:
- Make sure you speak with correct expressions. The words should match your face and body language.
- Try spacing your words so that they are well heard and much better to comprehend.
- It depends on the speaker if they wish to speak by cramming up their speech draft or rather just referring to it. In case you tend to fumble with a learnt speech, it is better only to align your thoughts and speak the idea with words in an impromptu manner.
- While speaking, ensure to maintain eye contact with Didi and Jija because you are specifically referring to them.
- If there are more people involved in the speech other than Didi and Jija, look at them and make very comfortable eye contact with them while speaking in order to give the speech a personal touch.
- While you look at the ones you are addressing, make candid eye contact with the other people in the room.
- Keep a smile, and the body structure must look extremely simplified. Do not overdramatize your speech.
- Be honest with your speech. It will not trouble you to look genuine when you will speak.
Quotes and Sayings to add to the Speech
In order to make the speech poetic and interesting to listen to, you can add quotes and sayings. This will help you embellish the draft and make it more engaging. The audience often aims to hear something that is soothing and very apt for the occasion. Poems or famous sayings are not only loved but also make the speech much more connectable. Here are a few wishes, quotes, sayings, and more that you can include in your Wedding Anniversary Speech to make it more interesting:
- The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time. ~ Julia Child
- Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. ~ Emily Bronte
- The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~ Audrey Hepburn
- Grow old with me; the best is yet to be. ~ Robert Browning
- Love grows more tremendously full, swift, and poignant as the years multiply. ~ Zane Grey
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
- Real love stories never have endings. ~ Richard Bach
- A wedding anniversary is a celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~ Paul Sweeney
- I was made and meant to look for you and wait for you and become yours forever. ~ Robert Browning
- Cause all of me loves all of you, loves your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections. Give your all to me, I’ll give my all to you. You’re my end and my beginning, even when I lose I’m winning. ~ John Legend
Marriage Anniversary Speech for Didi and Jija Example
Good Evening to each and everybody present in the audience but a very special evening to my Didi and Jiju!
Congratulations on your anniversary. Congratulations on binding two families together for life and making this world a better place with your love. I was pretty unconscious in my childishness and all chilled out when you both got married. I was not mature enough to understand what it actually meant. All I cared was the panipuri at the wedding party. Well, I still care largely about the panipuri but today, I also understand why you two are together.
The day you got married which was exactly ___ years from today, most people knew that you were perfect. I used to think that it is very easy for two people to be with each other. All you need to do is just look at each other and if you like what you see, you get married. But no, now I know that they have to be alike. Two different dresses but cut out from the same cloth. You are two different people with different goals and choices but you have kindness, generosity, love, and humanity common in you two. You both are an amalgamation of humility and rationality. I have seen you both grow from two kids who loved and got married. I have seen you make adjustments, sacrifices, efforts, and support. You have taught me what marriage should be like. They do not have to be perfect. Rather, they have to be imperfect but willing to work, and ensure happiness.
Days are never the same. The problems and issues that you both faced while making this relationship work have been closely observed by me. People know the love you have, the wedding pictures which are on the gram, the good-looking couple you are, and the lavish lives you lead but what they do not know is how much diligence and effort you both put in, together to make things work.
You both are inspirational. It’s funnily astonishing sometimes how you both just look at each other in a situation and you know what to do next. I mean, How! Do you guys have some invisible telephone, or can you both read minds? Well, maybe your telepathy game is really strong. All I know is that when I get married, I get to spend my life with a partner who shares a marriage with me which is at least 10% as good as yours.
You both mean a lot to me. Even though Jiju has stolen my sister, I tell her a thing; she automatically conveys it to jiju! But, you are always there for me, mentoring me. You make sure that you treat both families equally and well. If Jiju’s family gained a daughter, we gained a son too. Jiju, you treat them as your own and not as in-laws. I and my parents are incredibly thankful for the kind of understanding and cooperation your exceptional marriage imparts to people and relations around. We love you both equally as individuals and even more when you both ate together as one. Keep defining love. You’re life and love continue to inspire us. To, Forever!