On 26 December 2020, PM Narendra Modi launched the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme as an extension of AB-PMJAY for the state’s residents virtually. The whole event was organized via video conferencing. Home Minister Amit Shah and J&K Lt. Governor Manoj Sinha were also connected virtually for the event.
Under this scheme, all UT Jammu and Kashmir residents can avail the benefits of AB – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. Earlier, AB-JAY was accessible to only residents registered under the SECC 2011 database.
SEHAT health scheme will incorporate the secondary and tertiary care hospitalization and treatments of the beneficiaries up to an annual financial cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family.
About AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
The SEHAT health scheme is an extension of AB- PMJAY, short for “Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana“. The SEHAT health scheme, which stands for ‘Social Endeavor for Health And Telemedicine‘ was launched on December 26th, 2020.
The SEHAT Health Insurance will assure Universal Healthcare Coverage (UHC) to all the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
As per the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 database, only around 5.97 lakh J&K families were registered under the AB-JAY Health Insurance scheme. With the launch of the SEHAT health insurance program, it is estimated that over 21 lakh families will be covered for free health services across the country.
The objective of the AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
The main objective of the आयुष्मान भारत सेहत स्कीम is to provide good and affordable health services to all the residents of Jammu and Kashmir irrespective of their financial and socio-economic status.
Under this health scheme, Rs. 5 lakh per family will be provided as health coverage to the entire UT Jammu and Kashmir population.
The PM also focuses on the importance of quality of life in the video conference on Dec 26th. During the pandemic, around 18 lakh cylinders were refilled, and 10 lakh toilets were built under Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan. The BJP government believes in the standard quality of life and taking steps towards improving people’s health.
Atal Dulloo, the Financial Commissioner of Health and Medical Education, said that government employees, retirees, and their families will also be covered under this scheme.
Implementation of AB-PMJAY SEHAT health scheme
The central government will check the smooth implementation of the AB-PMJAY SEHAT. With the successful implementation of the scheme, the people of Jammu & Kashmir will have easy access to medical facilities.
Medical procedures like cardiology, oncology, nephrology diagnostics, and medicines will be included in this scheme.
Approximately 219 hospitals, which include 34 privates, have been enlisted under the AB-PMJAY scheme in UT Jammu and Kashmir and around 24,418 hospitals have been empanelled under the scheme across the country.
The beneficiaries can avail of this service from any PM-JAY enlisted hospital.
The government will take care of the registered residents under SECC 2011. The government will also ensure the enrollment of all UT Jammu and Kashmir residents for the SEHAT health scheme. Also, the distribution of SEHAT Golden Cards to the eligible citizens of the scheme.
Procedure to Apply for AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
To benefit from the SEHAT health scheme, the beneficiaries have to get a valid SEHAT Golden Card. Following is the procedure to get the same.
Step 1: Interested applicants can visit any AB-PMJAY registered hospital or CSC Kendra.
Step 2: Get an application form.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with all the desired information.
Step 4: Attach all the essential documents like a copy of Proof of age, ration card, Aadhar card, photograph, etc.
Step 6: A SEHAT Golden Card and a unique registration number will be allotted after successful verification.
There is no information regarding the online registration for the scheme by the officials. The standard procedure of the same could be:–
- Visit the official portal and check your eligibility.
2. Click on the “Am I eligible” tab and proceed afterwards.
3. After checking eligibility, the eligible applicants can download the form.
4. Submit the application form and the requisite documents after correctly filling up all the details.
Any update regarding the online registration of the scheme will be uploaded here in this article.
List of Required Documents
- Proof of Age
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Proof of Residence Address
- Voter ID Card
- Mobile Number
SEHAT Golden Cards
Beneficiaries with a valid SEHAT Golden card can only avail of the services under the AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Insurance scheme. The beneficiaries will need this card at the time of treatment to benefit from the scheme. The services will not be awarded if anybody fails to show the SEHAT Golden card.
Main Features of AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
- The AB-PMJAY SEHAT health insurance scheme has been initiated by our Honorable PM Narendra Modi on December 26, 2020.
- The scheme will provide cashless health services to all the citizens of UT Jammu and Kashmir.
- It will serve all the registered residents of J&K irrespective of their socio-economic background.
- Financial cover up to Rs. 5 lakh per family on a floater basis which means all the members of the family will fall under an umbrella cover.
- The beneficiaries can avail of this service at any registered AB-PMJAY hospital across the country.
- SEHAT Golden cards will be distributed who can benefit from this scheme.
- 219 hospitals including 34 private hospitals in Jammu and Kashmir have been listed under this scheme.
- Around 24,148 hospitals have been enlisted under the Ayushman Bharat PMJAY scheme all over India.
- The estimated number of beneficiaries is 2.1 million from this scheme.
- Medical Procedures such as cardiology, oncology and nephrology, along with diagnostics and medicines, will be included under this scheme.
The helpline number for the queries related to the AB-PMJAY SEHAT health scheme will be answered: 14555.
|Nearest CSC Centre For Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme
|For More Updates Follow
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply for the SEHAT card?
All the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
Can I use my SEHAT Golden Card in a hospital in New Delhi?
Yes, you can use your SEHAT Golden Card in any hospital in India, provided that the hospital is empanelled under Ayushman Bharat PMJAY enlisted hospitals.
How many family members can be granted the cover of Rs. 5 lakh?
Rs. 5 lakh is granted to a single family irrespective of the number and age of the family members.