Pondicherry University Results: Pondicherry University has a great place in the university and education system of India. It is a central university which was established in the year 1985.
It has around 95 affiliated colleges which are located in Pondicherry, Mahé, Yanam, Karaikal, and the Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The university campus is spread in an area of acres and has around 6000 students enrolled in the campus. Apart from this university has around 50000 students enrolled in the various affiliated colleges.
Table of Contents
Pondicherry University Results 2018-19
Currently, the university has 14 departments and under every faculty, there are various departments. It offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, research, diploma and distance education programs in various fields like Arts, Humanities, Science, Technology, Law, Education, management, life sciences and many more.
The university has shown tremendous growth and commitment to innovation in the field of education and research. This is the reason it became the fastest growing central university that has shown the growth of 300% in every aspect of the university.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018 has ranked the university in the band of 251-300 in Asia and 801-1000 in the world. QS World Ranking has also it 301-350 in Asia. University has also gained a rank of 86 overall and 59 among universities by NIRF for the year 2018.
Pondicherry University programs are running on a semester system and some of the courses are run on the Choice Based Credit System. University admission procedure takes place in the month of May every year.
Check all the details about Pondicherry University results in this article. Here you will also get additional information about university profile, academic pattern and university semester exams.
Pondicherry University Overview
|Article category||Pondicherry University Results|
|University||Pondicherry University Result|
|Chancellor||Vice President of India|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Ph.D., and PG diploma programs|
|University type||Public university|
|Total campus size||780 acres|
|Total courses offered|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online/Offline|
|Declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.pondiuni.edu.in|
Pondicherry University Schools
The university has following schools of study-
- School of law
- Mathematical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Tamil Language and Literature
- Physical, Chemical, and Applied Sciences
- Performing Arts
- Social Sciences and International Studies
- Engineering and Technology
- Media and Communication
- Green Energy Technology
Pondicherry University Admissions Procedure
- The admission and selection in the university is based on the merit in the entrance test.
- University conduct separate entrance tests for separate courses.
- The registration procedure and the entrance tests for all the courses are conducted in the month of May on an annual basis.
- The university follows a semester pattern which means the academic session of the university is divided into two semesters i.e. odd semester and even semester.
- The duration of the odd semester is basically from the month of July to November and the even semester lies from December to May.
- The admission, counseling and registration procedure takes place in the month of June.
- The regular classes for the new admissions typically commenced from the first week of July.
- The classes for all the even semesters start in the month of December each year.
- Students having less than 70% attendance are not permitted to appear for end-semester exams.
- The examination dates for all the courses offered at the university and at the affiliated colleges varies.
Pondicherry University Exams and Results
University follows a semester system for the majority of the courses that are offered at the university. For most of the postgraduate programs, university has introduced a Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and an online admission facility.
The exams and results are generally organized as per the semester and credits system of the university. Read all the details about Pondicherry University exams and result given below-
Pondicherry University Exams
- Pondicherry University exams are conducted on the basis of a semester system that means the final term exams are conducted twice a year.
- The university conducts odd semester exams in November month each year for all the Postgraduate programs.
- The even semester exams for all the PG programs are conducted in the month of May every year.
- The odd semester exams for all the UG and PG courses offered at the affiliated colleges of the university are conducted in December whereas even semester exams are commenced in April.
- The exams for LLM, MBBS and few other courses are conducted on different dates other than PG, UG exams which are generally conducted in November and May. This is because most of them are not organized under the semester program.
Pondicherry University Results
- Odd semester and even semester results for all the PG programs offered at the university are conducted in the month of December and May respectively.
- The odd semester results for all the UG and PG courses offered at the affiliated colleges of the university are published in February and for even semester it is announced in the month of July.
- The results are updated on the official website of the university and the students are required to check it form there only. No other mode is applicable.
- The result will have various information like name of the student, photograph, registration number, roll number, credits, grades, marks obtained in each subject, total marks, and result etc.
- Students must have their login credentials in order to see the result online.
- Students must check all the information carefully and in case of any discrepancy, they must contact the university authority and concerned department.
- Once the result is published online, students can collect their mark sheets from the concerned university department within the given time schedule.
How to check Pondicherry University Results?
Follow the given steps to check Pondicherry University result online-
- Go to the official website of the university. (pondiuni.edu.in).
- Click on the “Examination” link and examination portal will open.
- Select the relevant result link.
- Enter the registration number/roll number, select degree, exam and click on submit button.
- The result will display.
- Save the result for future references.
The university updates all the information regarding examination schedule and result dates on its official website. Students are advised to stay in touch with the university website to get the result and other related updates.
If student finds any issue related to the Kurukshetra University result they must contact the university immediately. Check the contact details shared below-
Bharat Ratna Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Administrative Building,
Pondicherry – 605014
Tel – 0413 – 2655179
Fax – 0413 – 2655734
Email- [email protected]