MBA or Master’s in Business Administration is the dream course of every individual who wishes for a future in the fields of management, administration or entrepreneurship. If you are a business enthusiast from Jammu & Kashmir and have been meaning to learn about the top Management Institutes in your state, you have reached your paradise. This article contains all the top MBA colleges in J&K based on the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) along with their fee structure and other details.
Top MBA Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir 2023
The list of Top MBA colleges is made on the basis of the latest NIRF rankings. Keep scrolling to find your dream college.
|The colleges discussed in this article|
|Indian Institute of Management Jammu (IIMJ)|
|The Business School, University of Jammu|
|National Institute of Technology Srinagar|
|Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University|
|University of Kashmir|
|Model Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jammu|
1. Indian Institute of Management Jammu (IIMJ)
Indian Institute of Management, Jammu (est 2016) is the 20th IIM in the country. Owning up to its trademark of IIM, IIMJ has become the top Management Institute in J&K within the short time span of 6 years. The admissions for MBA program for Batch 2023 are open now.
Selection Process for MBA in IIMJ 2023
- CAT exam: Candidates need to be CAT qualified
- Personal interviews (PI): Candidates who qualify the CAT exam will undergo PI
- SAP 2023: It is a Supplementary Admission Process for candidates
- Merit List: A merit list is made based on candidate’s performance in the above processes.
Fee structure MBA IIMJ 2023
Total fee: ₹1,556,130
To know more about the IIMJ college, visit their official website by tapping the hyperlink. And if you want to check more about the MBA course details in the IIMJ college, click on the hyperlink to download the IIMJ MBA Brochure 2023.
2. The Business School, University of Jammu
According to NAAC, National Assessment & Accreditation Council, the University of Jammu (est 1969) is an A+ Grade University, it provides a variety of courses to internal and external candidates. The admission window for the MBA batch of 2023-2024 at the University of Jammu is still open. The link to apply for admission is given further in this section.
Total fee: ₹78,071
Selection process for MBA in University of Jammu
- The candidates must be CAT 2022 or MAT 2022 (September onwards) qualified to apply for MBA at the University of Jammu. In addition to this, the academic performance of the applicant also plays a vital role in selection.
- Written test
- Further, the selection is progressed by the means of Group Discussions & Personal interviews
Click here to visit the webpage of the University of Jammu
3. National Institute of Technology Srinagar
NIRF rankings 2021: 69 (Engineering)
NIT Srinagar (est 1960) is a technical university in the public sector. To seek admission to the various programs at NIT Srinagar, the applicant has to clear an entrance exam such as IIT-JEE. Similarly, admission to the MBA course under NIT, Srinagar can be obtained if the applicant is eligible for the program.
Total Fee: ₹101,800
Selection Procedure for MBA in NIT Srinagar
- Applicants who have cleared CMAT, CAT, or MAT while those who haven’t can still apply and sit for a university entrance test.
- CMAT/CAT/MAT qualified applicants can directly appear in Group Discussions and Interview process while the non-qualified candidates have to clear a university written test to become eligible for GD and interview process.
To know more about the University applicants may visit the NIT Srinagar Official Portal
4. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
NIRF rankings 2021: 79 (Engineering), 24 (Architecture)
Total fee: ₹3,26,000
SMVD University (est 1999) is a state University located in Katra. It is a technical university with high-end facilities. The admission process is ongoing for batch 2023.
Selection process for MBA in SMVDU
- The merit list is made on the basis of CAT/MAT/CMAT courses.
- In case, the candidate does not have a CAT/CMAT/MAT score but has at least 50% marks in their graduation can still appear for an online/telephonic interview.
For more information visit the SMVDU Admission Portal
5. University of Kashmir
First year fee: ₹17,800
The University of Kashmir (est 1948) is spread across three beautiful campuses: Naseem Bagh, Mirza Bagh and Hazratbal. The university provides quality education in the fields of Engineering, Medicine, Biological Sciences, Music, Arts, Business and much more.
Selection process for MBA in University of Kashmir
- Before applying for admission to the MBA program, candidate must clear UGAT or CAT or MAT exam.
- The applicants will further undergo a group discussion and finally an interview.
To check the online admission form for MBA in Kashmir University
6. Model Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jammu
MIET Jammu (est 1998) is an AICTE approved technical institute. Apart from various Engineering & Technical Courses, MIET also offers a full-time MBA course. The admission portal for MBA is still open, link is provided later in this section.
1-year fee: ₹87,850
Selection process for MBA in MIET, Jammu
- The admission process in MIET is merit-based.
- The CAT/MAT/CMAT scores are used for shortlisting of candidates.
- In case, the seat remains vacant, then applicants without CAT/MAT/CMAT scores may also be considered on the basis of their marks in the preceding course they finished.
Visit the admission portal of MIET for MBA
Indian Institute of Management Jammu or IIM–J is one of the best management institutes in Jammu & Kashmir for doing MBA.
It is not compulsory for having a valid CAT/MAT/CMAT score for doing MBA in all management institutes of Jammu & Kashmir but it is compulsory in the top ones. Even in other institutes, priority is given to CAT/MAT/CMAT qualified candidates.