Republic Day Parade Ticket: Every year, India celebrates its Republic Day on the 26th of January. This year, India will observe its 75th Republic Day on refurbished Central Vista Avenue. This year, for the first time, all the invites will be sent online to all the dignitaries and guests, emphasizing the Digital India drive. The general public will also have the privilege to be a part of the celebration, republic day speech. According to Defence Ministry officials, the Central Government has put around 32,000 tickets up for sale online for the general public.
Republic Day Parade Ticket 2024 Online Booking
The general public will be able to book tickets for Republic Day through the portal created by the Ministry of Defence. The tickets are available online daily on the official website from 9 am onwards. One can follow these steps to book online tickets:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and create an account. Fill in the details asked like your Name, Father’s Name/ Husband’s Name, Date of birth, Registered Mobile number and Permanent Address.
- Step 2: Click on the REGISTER tab. An OTP will be sent to your mobile; enter the OTP.
- Step 3: Select the event which you want to attend. Several choices include FDR – Republic Day Parade, Republic Day Parade, Rehearsal – Beating the Retreat, Beating the Retreat – FDR and Beating the Retreat Ceremony. The website will display the different types of tickets and the number of available tickets at that time along with the cost and the enclosures.
- Step 4: After this fill in the details of all the attendees and upload the identification proof. All the users must present an ID verification that includes their complete address or their tickets will be cancelled. Aadhar cards, licences, passports, and voter IDs are all acceptable. The size of the files to be uploaded should be more than 1 MB and in .png or .jpg format. PDFs are not accepted.
- Step 5: Complete the process with payment.
- Step 6: Download your tickets for the Republic Day Parade.
It is to be noted that only one contact number per account can be used to book a total of ten tickets.
Republic Day Parade Ticket Counters in Delhi
Apart from booking online, tickets can be bought from the selected offline counters. Tickets will be available from January 7 to January 25. The list of offline counters for the Republic Day Parade are:
- Pragati Maidan (Gate no. 1)
- Jantar Mantar ( Near Main Gate)
- Sena Bhavan ( Gate no. 2)
- Parliament House Reception Office, a special counter only for the Members of Parliament Timing: The counters will be open daily except for January 23 due to full dress rehearsal. The timing is from 10:00 AM to 12.30 PM and 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
Republic Day Parade Tickets Price 2024
RDC Ticket is made available at three different prices – ₹20, ₹100, ₹500
Tips for buying tickets from counters
- You should carry any government identification card, such as an Aadhar card or Voter ID card.
- Government identification cards should also be carried on the Republic Day ceremony.
- Children below 5 years of age are not allowed, and children above this are allowed with valid tickets.
- Tickets once sold will not be refunded.
Republic Day Parade Ticket 2024 Overview
|Republic day parade
|10.30 am onwards
|Duration of the ceremony
|The official website for ticket booking
|Offline counters for tickets
|1. Pragati Maidan (Gate No 1) 2. Jantar Mantar (Near Main Gate) 3. Sena Bhawan (Gate No 2) 4. Parliament House Reception Office, ( a special counter only for the Members of Parliament)
75th Republic Day Chief Guest
French President Emmanuel Macron is the chief guest for the 75th Republic Day.
Also Read: Republic Day Speech in Hindi
Things to look out for on 75th Republic Day
This Republic Day, India will witness the largest drone show as 3,500 indigenously developed drones will light up the sky. A 3D anamorphic projection is also organised during the Beating of Retreat.
Vande Bharatam 2.0
503 dancers showcasing the theme of Nari Shakti will put up a grand show. A jury in the Vande Bharatam dance competition selected these dancers. The competition was held on December 19-20 in New Delhi.
For students: Essay on 75th Republic Day 2024