JEE Main College Predictor 2023: Every year lakhs of students appeared for JEE Mains examination and after appearing for it they keep on contemplating whether they will be able to get a chance to get admission to NITs, IITs, or other colleges where they can shape their future. So through this article, you will get to know whether you possess any chances to get admission to your dream college or not. For more details on JEE Main College Predictor be with us and read the article till the end.
Like the previous year, this year too JEE Mains examination will be conducted 2 times a year on various dates in Jan and April 2023. Candidates can have more information regarding the JEE Main College predictor examination through the links provided at the end of the page.
In this article, you will get to know about JEE main college predictors, like how to predict good colleges based on your JEE main score 2023. This year more than 8.5 lakh candidates appeared for this examination across India and once they receive their scorecard they all will be looking for top-notch colleges across the country where they get a quality education so that in future get good jobs and lucrative salaries.
JEE Main College Predictor 2023
Students who appear in JEE Main 2023 Examination after completing their intermediate now looking for a good college where they can enhance their quality to the next level…
But as you all know there is cut-throat competition and getting a good college nowadays is not an easy job as competition is quite high but if you have secured a good rank in JEE Main, then you can expect some top-notch colleges in the country. Now, most students ask us why students always looking for these colleges, the main reason behind this is that these institutions have excellent infrastructure, are reputed, offer quality education, and have highly qualified faculty who are ready to help anytime and will show the right path to get a proper direction to your life.
After battling for the JEE examination, and we do not need to forget corona also, now all students started their new battle for their dream college. Top colleges not only gives you a quality education and other thing but also a good campus selection from top brands of the world. As you all know last year a student of IIT Delhi got a whooping package of Rs 1.45 crores.
What is JEE Main College Predictor?
Now every one of you wants to know what is this JEE Main College Predictor, it is nothing but just a tool that will help you to find a better college on behalf of your scorecard.
Because everyone wants a college where he/she gets a good and quality education and can explore themself in true manners.
College selection is so important because it will decide your future performance
You must be seeking a dream college where you have good staff, talented professors, ambience, infrastructure, and most important thing good campus selection.
But today’s generation is so smart because during their preparation they already target a few of the colleges where they are looking for admission and prepared according to it but…
If somehow you did not get into college according to your expectation then we are here to help you…
Below we will provide you with a list of some colleges where you can apply for admission according to your rank.
JoSAA has started the online registration process on their official website
What is the procedure for JEE Main Counselling?
As you appear in JEE Main examination then you must be aware of the counselling process.
Basically JEE Main has three processes for counselling which are:
JoSAA and CSAB NEUT
- JoSAA or Joint Seat Allocation Authority has been set up by MHRD or Ministry of Human Resource and Development for the allocation of seats among the 107 institutes across India including 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 other government-funded institutes
All of the candidates who had appeared in the JEE Main 2023 Examination are eligible to register themself for seat allocation in NIT except IITs.
- CSAB (Central Seat allocation Board): through this centralized seat allocation procedure candidates will get admission in the first year of Engineering on supernumerary seats in NITs for UTs and in some AICTE approved Institutes for North East and Union Territories (NEUT) which is based on the rank of JEE main
Seat allocation schedule for CSAB NEUT 2023
|Online Provisional Registration (Eng./Arc)|
|Scrutiny of domicile and finalization of registration|
|Choices filling up|
|The first round of seat allotment|
|Reporting against the first round of allotment|
|The second round of allotment|
|Reporting against the second round|
|Withdrawal of seat|
|Reporting at the admitting institute|
Note: Official dates are yet to be announced.
Registration Process for JEE Main 2023
- Candidates who had appeared for JEE Main 2023 are eligible for seat allocation
- You have to visit the official website of JoSAA to fill in your choices
- First, of all, they had to fill choices of institutions and they must have to fill as many as choices of their interest
- After that must lock your choices if you didn’t do that then the last saved choices will be locked automatically
- JoSAA will conduct 7 rounds of seat allocation
- Those candidates who got their seats must submit their fee for provisional acceptance of seats
- If any of the candidates who have accepted but want to withdraw can do the same before the sixth allotment round
- Two times reporting is required if seat allotment changes from NIT +S to IITs or vice versa
- If anyone of you didn’t lock the choices then you are not able to seek admission for that year
- You all have to register within a specified time
- At the time of accepting seat candidates have three option ‘freeze’, ‘slide’, and ‘float’
- Freeze: if any candidates have been allotted the seat and he/ she said that they do not want to participate further in any rounds of allotment then he/ she can choose the freeze option but if…
- Float: If candidates accept the seat but hope for a better institute then he/she may opt for floats choice and in the future, they can go with the selected institute already
- Slide: if any candidates got the seat but he/ she is expecting some other better program within the college then they may opt slide option
- Must remember slide and float option will be only for those who are NOT offered admission to their first choice
- And these options will not be available in the last round (7th round)
Flow Chart for admission under CSAB for NEUT
(The above chart is based on the previous year)
Opening and closing rank for JEE Main 2023
Applicants can also have a complete overview of the opening and closing rank for the IIT’s in the country. Applicants can follow the procedure to find out the ranks.
- Visit the official portal of the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) @ josaa.nic.in |
- The homepage will be shown to you.
- Now, select the opening and closing ranks by tapping on the opening and closing rank drop-down that appears on the screen. (Refer to the image)
- From the option of opening & closing ranks, select the option you want to check.
- The new page will appear on the next window in which the candidates have to enter the details to know the opening and closing ranks.
- Now, Select the Round, Institute type, Institute name, and academic program to know the Opening and closing ranks for that particular college and course.
- Candidates can also select ALL in place of Institute type, Institute name, and academic program to know the overall ranks for all colleges under the JoSAA.
Rank List for IITs
|Rank list||Minimum % marks in each subject||Minimum % of aggregate marks|
|PREPARATORY COURSE RANK LIST||2.5||6.25|
- Rank list for admission in NITs, IIEST, IIITs, and other GFTIs are prepared by the JEE apex board as given below:
- One set of ten rank lists based on the performance of candidates in JEE main paper-1
- Another set of ten rank lists based on the performance of candidates in JEE main paper 2
Same Rank Rule
If one or two more candidates got the same rank and the number of seats is only a few then all candidates will be offered the seats by creating a requisite number of supernumerary seats.
JEE Main College Ranks
Here we are providing the closing ranks (previous year) of various institutions which accept the JEE scores:
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||CSE||Round 6||60|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||CSE||Round 3||60|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||CSE||Round 1||60|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||CSE||Round 1||111|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||CSE||Round 6||115|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||CSE||Round 3||115|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||CSE||Round 1||138|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||CSE||Round 6||140|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||CSE||Round 3||140|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||CSE||Round 1||171|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||CSE||Round 6||173|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||CSE||Round 3||173|
JEE Main cutoff across top 5 IIITs (General Category)
|S.No.||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)||Branch||Closing Rank (2017)||Closing Rank (2018)|
|1||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad||Electronics and Communication Engineering||10732||12004|
|2||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram||Mechanical Engineering- Design and Manufacturing||26086||30756|
|3||Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacture Jabalpur||Mechanical Engineering||29314||22779|
|4||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Information Technology Amethi (A Campus of IIIT Allahabad)||Information Technology||6259||–|
|5||Indian Institute of Information Technology Srirangam, Tiruchirappalli||Electronics and Communication Engineering||27719||35347|
JEE Main cutoff across top 5 GFTIs (General category)
|S.No.||Government Funded Technical Institutions (GFTIs)||Branch||Closing Rank (2017)|
|1||School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi||Planning||2052|
|2||School of Planning & Architecture, Bhopal||Planning||3214|
|3||School of Planning & Architecture: Vijayawada||Planning||3265|
|4||Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management-Ahmedabad||Civil Engineering||35299|
|5||Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur||Industrial and Production Engineering||52261|
JEE Mains 2023 | Assistance
Ask us your JEE Main 2023 College Predictor-related queries below.
The rank will be provided by the authority at the time of the result declaration. Candidates can refer to the JEE Mains results blog for more information.
To have a complete overview of the ranks required to avail admission to the IITs, please refer to the section where we have provided the opening and closing ranks for IITs through JoSAA.
Yes, it can be considered a good score and there are chances to get into good colleges with this percentile. The 75 percentile basically means that the candidates have secured more than 70 per cent of students who have appeared in the JEE Main examinations.