Calicut University Results: The University of Calicut is the largest university in the state. It was established in 1968 through a government plan bifurcating a Kerala University. It is the second university to be established in the state of Kerala. With time university has evolved as one of the largest residential and affiliating universities.
University has the main campus at Thenhippalam in Mallapuram District of the state which is spread in an area of 500 acres. Pareeksha Bhavan is the largest wing of the university that works for the conduction of exams over in all the affiliated colleges.
Table of Contents
Calicut University Results 2018-19
Currently, University of Calicut has 480 constituent colleges offering undergraduate, Postgraduate, M.Phil, Ph.D., Professional courses, certificate and diploma programs in various fields. Out of these 480 constituent colleges 130 are located in Mallapuram, 120 are in Kozhikode, 101 in Thrissur, 86 in Palakkad and 18 in Wayanad.
University has 20 teaching and research departments which are continuously working for imparting quality education to the students. It also has established extension centers situated in Thrissur, Vatakara, and Calicut.
University has been ranked in the band of 101-150 overall and 73 among universities in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) for 2018.
Anju Bobby George, Ayyappanpillai Ajayaghosh, Shyamaprasad, M.N Karassery are some of the notable alumni of the University of Calicut.
University follows a semester system and thus exam and results are scheduled accordingly. University updates all the information related to the exam and result on its official website.
In this article, readers will get information related to University of Calicut result. This article includes a brief detail about university profile, courses, and departments, admission procedure, university exams with the main focus on results.
An overview of the University of Calicut
|Article category||University results|
|University||University of Calicut|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, M.Phil and Ph.D. programs|
|University type||State Public University|
|Chancellor||Governor of Kerala|
|Campus size||500 acres|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.universityofcalicut.info|
|University result portal||www.cupbresults.uoc.ac.in|
Calicut University Departments
Some of the departments of Calicut University are given below-
- Department of Commerce and Management Studies
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Library and Information science
- Nanoscience and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Social Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- Mass Communication
- Fine Arts
- Multimedia Communication
University Admission Procedure 2019
- Admission in the university is done through a Common Admission Process and various entrance tests.
- Through CAP, candidates can submit a single application form for admission into various undergraduate and PG programs.
- PEd, B.Com, BHM are some undergraduate programs for which entrance tests are conducted.
- The registration procedure generally starts in the month of May.
Calicut University Exams and Results
University follows a semester system and the pattern is based on CCSS & CUCBCSS
Check the complete details about University of Calicut exams and results are given below-
- The exams for even semester of UG program without entrance exam are conducted in the month of March/April/May and for an odd semester in the January/October/November. On the other side, the exam for even semester of UG programs with entrance exam is held in March/April and for an odd semester in the month of October/November.
- The exams for even semester of PG program without entrance exam are conducted in the month of June/July and for an odd semester in November/December. On the other side, the exam for even semester of both PG programs with entrance exam and without entrance exams are conducted in Feb-March and for an odd semester in the month of June-July.
- Similarly, exams for other courses like MBA, MCA, LLB etc. are conducted in different months depending on the semesters. For more details, refer to the academic calendar of the University.
- University publishes the result after the end of each semester of every exam.
- University usually declares the result after five months of the commencement of the examination of a particular semester.
- Results are published separately for every semester.
- University publishes the result on its website for ease of the students.
- The Results for odd semester exams and even semester exams are generally declared in October/November and May/June respectively.
- Exam dates and result dates varies program to program.
- Students have to check the result from the official website of the university.
- Students must remember their registration number as it is required to check the result.
- The result consists of details like name of the students, registration number, roll number, program, program code, semester, marks obtained in each subject, total marks, result etc.
- After the declaration of result, students willing to apply for revaluation can apply for scrutiny of the answer sheets. The revaluation result is published in the form of a PDF.
- After the declaration of result students have to collect their mark sheets or scorecards from the respective college or university. Students are informed in advance by the university for the distribution of mark sheets.
How to check Calicut University Results?
University publish the result for all the exams on its website, therefore, students have to check it from there. Below we have shared the complete process to check the result online for the ease of the students. Have a look.
- Visit the website of the University of Calicut.
- On the homepage click on “Examination Result” tab.
- Select the respective
- Click on the respective course and semester.
- Enter Registration Number and Captcha Code and click on submit button.
- The result will be displayed.
- Check the result, download or take a printout for references.
The University of Calicut,
Malappuram (District), PIN 673 635
Calicut University PO, Kerala, India
Phone No.- 0494 – 2407227, 0494 – 2400816