Calcutta University Results 2019: University of Calcutta (CU- Calcutta University) is a public state university situated in Kolkata, West Bengal. Established on 24 January 1857, it was the first institution in Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university. Founded by Alexander Duff in 1857, it is one of the oldest universities in India.
University has total 14 campuses spread in the various locations of the state and 164 affiliated colleges offering undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. and other programs in various fields.
The university has given number of noble laureates and eminent personalities to India and also to the world. Some of the notable alumni of CU are Rabindranath Tagore, Ronald Ross, C.V. Raman, Amartya Sen, Satyajit Ray, Aditya Birla, Jagadish Chandra Bose, Laxmi Mittal, Rajendra Prasad, Pranab Mukherjee etc.
Table of Contents
Since its inception, CU has received various awards and achievements in different field of education. In 2018, it has been ranked in the band of 751-780 in world, 64 in BRICS and 125 in Asia in the QS World University Rankings. Apart from this Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018 has also ranked the university in the band of 801-1000 in world, 179 in BRICS and 201-250 in Asia.
Scroll down and get all the information about University of Calcutta results and exams.
About Calcutta University
|Article category||University results|
|University||University of Calcutta|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Chancellor||Governor of West Bengal|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, doctorate programs|
|University type||State University|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU, AICTE|
|Campus Area||2.7 acres (Main campus)|
|Academic system||CBCS and semester system|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Mode of the declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.caluniv.ac.in|
University of Calcutta Faculty
Calcutta University has following faculty councils-
- Faculty Council for Post-Graduate Studies in Art
- Faculty Council for Post-Graduate Studies in Commerce, Social Welfare & Business Management
- Faculty Council for Post-Graduate Studies in Engineering & Technology
- Faculty Council for Post-Graduate Studies in Education, Journalism & Library Science
- Faculty Council for Post-Graduate Studies in Fine Arts, Music and Home Science
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty Council for Post-Graduate Studies in Law
- Faculty Council for Post-Graduate Studies in Science
Along with eight faculty councils, university also has following center of study-
- Choudhury School of Information Technology
- Women’s Studies Research Centre
- Gandhian Studies Centre
- Centre for Urban Economic Studies
- K. Mitra Centre for Space Environment
- Peace Studies Research Centre
- Centre for Testing and Training for Providing Technical Back up to the Beneficiaries for Agricultural and Horticultural Development
- Centre for Millimetre-Wave Semiconductor Devices & Systems
- Centre for Pakistan and West Asian Studies
- Centre for Research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Centre for Social Sciences and Humanities
- Centre for South and Southeast Asian Studies
- Centre for Studies in Book Publishing
- Centre for Pollination Studies
- University of Calcutta – Calcutta Stock Exchange Centre of Excellence in Financial Markets (CUCSE-CEFM)
- Nehru Studies Centre
- Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
- Institute of Foreign Policy Studies
- Centre for Horticultural Studies
- CPEPA-UGC center for “Electrophysiology & Neuro-Imaging studies including Mathematical Modelling”
Calcutta University Admission Procedure
- The admission into the university is carried out on the basis of merit of the students in the qualifying exams and also on the basis of the performance in the entrance exam for some of the programs.
- University provides the application form through the online mode.
- Students are required to download and print the application form from the official website of the university. They have to fill and submit the form in the university along with all the required documents before the due date.
Calcutta University Semester Exams and Results
The university follows the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) curriculum and Semester system. The controller of examination manages and control all the university exams and results.
Check complete information about University of Calcutta exams and result given below-
- University exams are conducted semester-wise and carried out on CBCS curriculum.
- The exams for odd semesters (i.e. 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th) are generally conducted in December.
- For even semesters (2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th) are organized in June/July.
- All the university students have to fill an exam application/registration form in order to be eligible for appearing in the semester exams.
- Students are also required to carry a valid admit card issued by the university to the exam hall. University authority will not permit any student to enter the examination hall without the hall ticket.
Calcutta University Results 2019
- The result for odd semesters like 1st, 3rd, 5th (odd semesters) are declared around April.
- The university declares the result for 2nd, 4th, 6th (even semesters) in the month of October for various courses.
- University publishes the semester result on its official website and no other mode is applicable.
- Students can check the result on the university website and also on the official portal of the affiliated colleges/institutes.
- University will not send the hard copy of the result to any of the student to their emails or postal addresses under any circumstances.
- University updates the result publication information on its portal. Thus, students are advised to stay in touch with the official website.
- University also provide a mercy chance after the declaration of the results to the students in the form of Supplementary exams.
- Students who are not satisfied with their marks can also apply for revaluation of answer sheets.
- In order to appear in the supplementary exam and for revaluation, students have to apply online within the stipulated time.
How to check Calcutta University Results?
In order to check the CU semester result, students can follow the given procedure-
- Visit the official website of CU i.e. caluniv.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on “University examination”.
- Select the “Results” option.
- Click respective program.
- Enter the roll number and click on submit.
- The result will appear.
- Students can download and take a printout for future references.
For any query and discrepancy in the result, students can contact the university. The contact details are shared below-
87/1, College Street,