To the South African citizens who are refugees, asylum seekers and special permit holders, the government offers the SRD Grant. For the year 2024, the Social Relief of Distress Grant was offered to the old citizens on 3 January 2024. This will be followed by the SASSA R350 Grant for other citizens. To check the SASSA status, the country’s citizens must head to the official portal and use their login credentials.
After entering their login credentials, the citizens will determine if the grant is approved. We will discuss the SASSA SRD Grant Status in a more detailed and comprehensive manner in the article below. So, all the citizens who have applied for this grant, kindly go through all the topics we have elaborated on in this article from start to finish.
SASSA Status Check
The citizens will need their South African ID and registered mobile number for the SASSA Status Check. In the ensuing article, we have shared all the steps the citizens will need to follow to check the status of the SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant online. Apart from this, we will also share a direct link through which the citizens can easily check their grant approval status.
SRD R350 Grant SASSA: At a Glance
|SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant
|Name of the Authority
|South Africa Social Security Agency
|Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders of South Africa
|Mode of Checking of the Grant Status
|Grant Payment Date
|For Old Age People- 3 January 2024
For Disabled People- 4 January 2024
For Children- 5 January 2024
|Details Required to Check the Grant Status
|South African ID and Registered Mobile Number
|SSA Status Check Official Portal
How do I Check the SASSA Status for the SRD Grant?
To check the status of the Social Relief of Distress Grant, the citizens must follow the steps we have provided below:-
- To begin the process, you must first open the homepage of the official portal for the SASSA Status Check at https://www.sassa-status.co.za/.
- On the homepage, tap the option that reads “Check R350 Status”.
- Now, the next page containing a window will open up.
- On this page, enter your South African ID in the section for ID Number and Phone Number in the section provided for it.
- Submit these details.
- After this, tap the “Check Now” option on the next page.
- This will send your request to the SASSACheck Database.
- Now, you can check your status for the grant. The month the grant is approved will be indicated on the screen.
Can I Change the Banking Details for the SASSA R350 Grant?
Yes, you can change the banking details for the SASSA R350 Grant. To do so, you can use the following procedure:-
- Enter the official portal for the SSA Status Check through the URL- https://www.sassa-status.co.za/.
- On the homepage, scroll down and tap the option for the “Changing Banking Details”.
- After this, fill in your South African ID in the given window and tap the “Change Details” option.
- Now, your old banking details will appear on the screen, and you can edit them.
- Modify the details and save them using the option provided on your screen.
What should I do if my SASSA SRD Grant Application is Declined?
If your application for the grant is declined, then it suggests that you do not fulfil any of the specified eligibility conditions. Go through the eligibility conditions again and ensure your eligibility for the grant. If you find yourself fulfilling all the eligibility conditions and yet your application is declined, then you must contact the authorities and report this issue to them. To reach the officials of the authority, you can contact them through the following contact number- 0800601011.
What details do the citizens need to check the SASSA Status for the R350 Grant?
To check the SASSA Status for the R350 Grant, the citizens need their South African ID and their registered mobile numbers.
Can I apply for the Social Relief of Distress Grant next month if my application for the current month is declined?
Yes, you can apply for the grant next month if your application for the current month is declined.
How can I change my banking details for the grant?
You can change the banking details using your South African ID on the official SASSA Status Check portal.