Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi also known as Mahatma Gandhi was an anti-colonial nationalist and political ethicist who led various campaigns to get India’s independence back from British rule. It is important to know the great leader of India and the sacrifices he has made to free the country. The following article includes Mahatma Gandhi GK Questions for students. Students of all classes can use it for quizzes, competitions and other related events. Scroll down the page to look at those questions:
In the following paragraph, we have provided Mahatma Gandhi GK Questions that can be used by students to increase their knowledge:
Mahatma Gandhi GK Questions for students
- How old was Mahatma Gandhi when he reached London to become a barrister?
- 19 Years Old
- From which station in South Africa, Mahatma Gandhi was thrown out of the train?
- On which day in March 1930, was the famous Dandi March launched by Mahatma Gandhi ji?
- Who gave the Slogan “Karo ya Maro”?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Who killed Mahatma Gandhi Ji?
- Nathuram Godse
- In which language did Mahatma Gandhi write his autobiography?
- How many shots did Nathuram Vinayak Godse take to shoot Gandhi?
- 3 Shots (At Point Blank Range)
- Mahatma Gandhi’s “The Story of My Experiments with Truth” was originally written in Gujarati. Who translated it into English?
- Mahadev Desai
- When did Gandhi Ji return to India from South Africa?
- Where did Mahatma Gandhi enrol to become a Barrister?
- Inner Temple, London
- Who was the political Guru of Mahatma Gandhi Ji?
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Who founded the Satyagraha Sabha?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- What are the names of Mahatma Gandhi’s children?
- Ramdas Gandhi, Harilal Gandhi, Manilal Gandhi and Devdas Gandhi
- When was the “Gandhi-Irwin Pact” signed?
- 5 March 1931
- When did Gandhiji go to South Africa to practice law?
- What was the real name of Meera Behen, a follower of Mahatma Gandhi?
- Madeleine Slade
GK Questions on Mahatma Gandhi
|What was the cause of Mahatma Gandhi’s death?||Assassination (Gunshot wounds)|
|What were the occupations of Mahatma Gandhi?||Lawyer, anti-colonialist and political ethicist|
|Mahatma Gandhi was a part of which political party?||Indian National Congress (1920–1934)|
|What are the Two Pillars of Gandhism?||Truth and Non-Violence i.e., Satya and Ahimsa|
|What is Gandhi’s Birthday known as?||Gandhi Jayanti|
|When did Gandhi adopt the Indian loincloth (Dhoti)?||1921|
|Who Founded the “Natal Indian Congress” (NIC)?||Mahatma Gandhi|
|How many times was Mahatma Gandhi nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize?||Five Times|
|What was the name of Mahatma Gandhi’s parents?||Karamchand Gandhi (father) and Putlibai Gandhi (mother)|
|When was the Gandhi – Irwin Pact signed?||March 5, 1931|
|What is the Real Name of Mahatma Gandhi?||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi|
|When did the Non-Cooperation Movement start?||4th September 1920|
|What was the timeline of the Indian Independence Movement?||1857 to 1947|
|When was Mahatma Gandhi Born?||2 October 1869|
|At which place was Gandhiji arrested for the first time by the British Government for sedition?||Ahmedabad|
|What was the age of Gandhi ji at the time of his marriage?||13 Years Old|
|Where was Mahatma Gandhi Ji born?||Porbandar|
|When did Salt Satyagraha start and end?||12 March 1930 to 6 April 1930|
|Which was the first Satyagraha Movement led by Gandhi in India?||Champaran Satyagraha (1917)|
|Where did Mahatma Gandhi spend the last 144 days of his life?||Gandhi Smriti (known as Birla House or Birla Bhavan)|
|What was the name of Mahatma Gandhi‘s Wife?||Kasturba Gandhi|
|When did Mahatma Gandhi die?||30 January 1948 (aged 78)|
|What is the name of the Memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi?||Raj Ghat|
|Who called the ‘father of the nation’ to Gandhi ji?||Subhash Chandra Bose|