RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019-20: RRB NTPC Stage 1 CBT exam date is going to start from 28th December as per media reports. As per the official notification exam for stage 1 was scheduled to be conducted tentatively in the month of October 2019 but it was delayed. In this article, we have provided RRB NTPC Syllabus CBT exam. Those who have submitted applications seem to be busy preparing for the upcoming exam.
In order to crack the exam, it is important for all the candidates to prepare for exam as per the exam pattern and syllabus. Firstly, they should understand the exam pattern first and then must refer good study material for preparation.
UPDATE: RRB NTPC 2019-20 (CEN-1/2019) Stage I CBT is going to start tentatively from 28th December 2020.
- 1 RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019-20
- 2 RRB NTPC Minimum Qualifying Marks
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019-20
To help RRB NTPC candidates in preparing for Stage 1 CBT we have shared important information in this article regarding the same. Here we have brought complete information of examination pattern, exam syllabus, important questions, previous year questions papers etc.
RRB NTPC Recruitment 2019-20 Details
|Exam||RRB NTPC Stage 1 CBT 2019|
|Article category||Syllabus/ Exam Pattern/Important Questions|
|Type of exam||Recruitment exam|
|Recruitment Board||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Advertisement No.||CEN 1/2019|
|Name of the post||Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) Graduate and Undergraduate posts|
|Date of Stage I CBT||To be started from 28th December|
|RRB NTPC admit card 2019||Check Here|
|Mode of exam||Online (CBT)|
|Official website|| http://www.rrcb.gov.in, |
Official Notification- Download Here
RRB NTPC Recruitment 2020- Important Dates
|Date of release of official notification||28th February 2019|
|Online registration starts||1st March 2019|
|Last date for online registration||31st March 2019|
|Final date for submission of application||12th April 2019|
|Issue of e-call letter||10 days prior the date of exam|
|Date of Stage I CBT||28th December 2020 to March 2021 (tentative)|
RRB NTPC Vacancy Details
You can have a look at the vacancy details under various categories-
- Vacancy Details for Graduate Posts –
|Name of the posts||Total Vacancies|
|Junior Clerk cum Typist||4319|
|Junior Time Keeper||17|
|Accounts Clerk cum Typist||760|
|Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||4940|
- Vacancy Details for Under-Graduate posts –
|Name of the posts||Total Vacancies|
|Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||5638|
|Senior Clerk cum Typist||2873|
|Junior Account Assistant cum Typist||3164|
|Senior Time Keeper||14|
RRB NTPC CBT Stage 1- Exam Pattern
Check the examination pattern given below for CBT 1-
- Mode of exam- RRB NTPC stage 1 exam will be a Computer Bases Test i.e. it will be an online exam.
- Exam Shifts- Exam will be conducted in multiple shifts on different dates
- Types of questions- Stage 1 CBT will include objective type questions with multiple choice in nature.
- Number of questions- Question paper will include total 100 questions.
- Number of questions- Question paper will be divided into three sections
- Duration of Exam- Total duration of exam will be 90 minutes. For eligible PwBD candidates accompanied with Scribe, exam duration will be 120 minutes.
- Total number of questions- Total 100 questions will be asked.
- Medium of Question Paper- Questions are expected to be asked in English and Hindi.
- Marking scheme- For every correct answer 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking- There shall be a provision of negative marking for each wrong answer. For every incorrect answer 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted.
|Section||Total No. of questions||Marks allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
RRB NTPC Syllabus CBT Stage 1 Exam
Questions in stage 1 CBT will be asked from following topics in each section-
Number System, Fractions, Decimals, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportions, Percentage, Profit and Loss Mensuration, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Elementary Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning-
Analogies, Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical Operations, Relationships, Similarities and Differences, Syllogism, Data Sufficiency, Jumbling, Analytical Reasoning, Venn Diagrams, Puzzle, Statement- Courses of Action, Decision Making, Statement- Conclusion, Interpretation of Graphs, Maps etc.
Current Events of National and International Importance, Art and Culture of India, Indian Literature, History of India and Freedom Struggle, Monuments and Places of India, Games and Sports, General Science and Life Science (it will be up to 10th CBSE), Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World, Indian Polity and Governance- constitution and political system, Flora and Fauna of India, General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India, Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large, UN and Other important World Organizations, Common Abbreviations, Transport Systems in India, Indian Economy, Famous Personalities of India and World, Basics of Computers and Computer Applications, Flagship Government Programs, Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India etc.
RRB NTPC Minimum Qualifying Marks
Candidates qualifying Stage 1 CBT will be shortlisted for Stage 2 CBT. In order to qualify the exam, candidates should secure minimum qualify percentage of marks fixed by the conducting authority for each category of the candiates. You can check the details on minimum qualifying marks given as under-
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||40%|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||30%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||30%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||25%|
Minimum qualifying marks percentages for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them will be 2%.
Those who will not secure minimum qualifying marks for their respective category will not be eligible to be shortlisted for the next round.
RRB NTPC Stage 1 Previous Year Questions
CBT 1 will be common for all the notified posts. It is important for you to refer good study material to prepare for the test. You can take help from CBSE class 10th books, newspapers, magazines, previous year question papers, books available in the market specially for RRB NTPC exams, and various other authentic sources.
To identify important questions, you should refer the syllabus, previous year question papers, and should also do questions paper analyses. This will help you to gain an insight on the important questions that may have higher chances of coming in the exam.
Check some of the previous year question papers pdf provided below-
- We will upload it very soon. Stay in touch for pdf file links.
NTPC Syllabus/Exam Pattern- Key Points
- Stage 1 test will be conducted in online mode (CBT)
- Candidates must go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus before starting preparing for the test.
- Stage 1 CBT will be common for all the posts and therefore exam patter and syllabus will also be same.
- For more information on RRB NTPC stage-1 CBT and other details related to the recruitment keep visiting our website.
Hope the information shared above in this article was helpful. In case you have any query related to RRB NTPC 2019-20 Stage I CBT syllabus, just share it in the comment box below.