RBI Assistant Syllabus 2020: The Reserve Bank of India Publishes the Notification for 926 posts of “Assistant-2019”. Those candidates who are interested and eligible for the RBI Assistant Exam 2020 post can apply for it from 23-12-2019 to 16-01-2020. RBI scheduled the online Preliminary test for the said post on the 14th and 15th of February 2020. In this article, we have shared RBI Assistant Syllabus, how to prepare for the RBI Assistant test and exam pattern.
Aspirants below in this article we have shared all the information related to the RBI Assistant recruitment like syllabus, selection procedure, list of vacancies and other important things so you all must go through this page at least once.
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2020
|NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION||RESERVE BANK OF INDIA|
|NAME OF THE EXAM||ASSISTANT 2019|
|ONLINE REGISTRATION AND FEE PAYMENT WILL START FROM||23-12-2019|
|LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION AND FEE PAYMENT||16-01-2020|
|LAST DATE FOR EDITING APPLICATION DETAILS||16-01-2020|
|LAST DATE FOR PRINTING APPLICATION||31-01-2020|
|PRELIMINARY ONLINE TEST||14TH AND 15TH FEBRUARY 2020|
|PRELIMINARY RESULT DATE||3rd March 2020|
|MAINS EXAMINATION DATE||22nd November 2020|
|QUALIFICATION||BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN ANY DISCIPLINE|
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria
Age: Candidate’s age should be in between 20 and 28 years and must have been not born earlier than 02-12-1991 and later than 01-12-1999
Education qualifications (as on 01-12-2019):
All candidates must have at least a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with having a minimum of 50% marks and the knowledge of word processing on PC
Examination Fee: Fee once paid will not be refundable and bank transaction charges for online payment will be borne by the candidates.
- General/ OBC/ EWS candidates: 450/- Rs.
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ EXS: 50/- Rs.
Check New Sarkari Naukari: DRDO MTS Application Form 2020
Check >>> New National Education Policy
RBI Assistant Vacancy 2020
|KANPUR & LUCKNOW||11||0||14||32||6||63|
|THIRUVANANTHAPURAM & KOCHI||2||0||5||11||2||20|
Note: THE VACANCIES WHICH ARE IN THE BRACKET () ARE BACKLOG VACANCY
RBI Assistant Selection Procedure 2020
RBI going to conduct the Assistant Examination in the month of February 2020 and the scheme of the examination will go through three-phase which are Preliminary, Mains and Language Proficiency Test.
- Preliminary Examination: In this examination candidates who have successfully registered the application form will be invited. This preliminary examination will consist of 100 Objective type questions carrying a 1 mark each and its duration will be of 1 hour and from this year RBI has started sectional timing in their prelims exams as well. Those who successfully clear this preliminary test will be called for the main examination
|Objective test name||Total number of questions||Maximum marks||Total time|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Mains Examination: Those candidates who successfully clear the preliminary test will be eligible for the Mains Examination. This test will consist of 200 Objective types questions which carry a maximum of 200 marks and the duration of the test will be of 2 hours and 15 minutes (135 minutes). Mains examination also contains sectional timing.
|Name of the tests||Total Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Total time|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 Minutes|
|English Language||40||40||30 Minutes|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 Minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 Minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 Minutes|
Those candidates who successfully shortlisted in the mains examination will be called for Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT): Candidates shortlisted in the mains online examination will have to undergo the language test which is the official/ local language for the state they have applied for means if you have applied for Ahmedabad region then you must be in proficient in the Gujarati Language if not then you will be disqualified.
In this, you will be tested by reading, writing and speaking skills in regional language. This stage is only qualifying in nature
Below we have given the list of the state concerned:
Apply Now for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 (8000+ Post)
RBI Assistant Syllabus and Exam Important points:
- There will be negative marking for wrong attempts in the preliminary as well as in the mains examination for that one fourth (1/4th) of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
- The above prelims and mains examination are in bilingual viz. English and Hindi (except the English section)
- All candidates must pass in each section separately.
- Only those candidates will be called for LPT who’s having sufficiently high in merit which is based on the aggregate marks of the main on-line examination. And this merit will be prepared by the bank regarding the number of notified vacancies to be filled in.
- LPT is mandatory for all and no exemption will be given to any of the candidates.
- LPT will be conducted at the respective offices of the bank.
- The final selection of the candidates will be based on their performance in the online test, qualifying in LPT, medical fitness, verification of certificates, biometric data, etc.
- The RBI Assistant final selection of the candidates will be based only on the mains online examination.
RBI Assistant 2020 Syllabus
RBI Assistant Preliminary and Main Examination will focus on a few of the topics which we have given below:
Prelims Online Examination
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability|
|Comprehension (1-10)||Simplification (1-10)||Number series (1-5)|
|Fillers (1-5)||Time and work (1-5)||Blood Relation (1-5)|
|Antonym (1-5)||HCF and LCM (1-5)||Sitting arrangement (1-5)|
|Synonym (1-5)||Simple Interest (1-5)||Inequalities (1-5)|
|Error detection (1-5)||Compound Interest (1-5)||Puzzle (1-10)|
|Average (1-5)||Syllogism (1-5)|
Mains Online Examination
|English Language||General Awareness||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability||Computer Awareness|
|Comprehension||India and World political||Simplification||Number series||Shortcut tricks|
|Fillers||Current Events (India and World)||Time and work||Analogy||History|
|Rearrangement||Award (India and world)||HCF and LCM||Blood relation||Devices|
|Error detections||Sports (India and world)||Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Coding and decoding||Hardware and software|
|Antonyms/Synonyms||History (India)||Problems on Ages and train||Sitting arrangement|
RBI Assistant previous year cut off marks
Below we have given the range of cut off marks
The pay scale for RBI assistant’s basic pay of 14,650/- per month and other allowances viz. DA, house rent, City compensatory, transport allowances and including all these allowances assistant monthly income is 36091/-.
Examination Centre of Preliminary and Mains Examination
General Instruction for the Candidates
- All candidates must check their qualification and other eligibility criteria for the post
- Candidates can apply for the vacancy in one office only and he/she can opt for the preliminary and main examination Centre within the same state office
- Apply for the post within the given period of time to avoid the last day rush.
- All candidates will have to appear for the preliminary examination at their own cost.
- If any of the candidates report late for the examination then he/ she will not be permitted to take the examination. Time and date will be mention on your admit card
- Admit card will be published a few days prior to the examination for that all candidates must visit the website on a regular interval
- There is a facility of pre-examination training for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates which will be available on the bank’s website
- If any of the candidates have a disability of OH-locomotor and cerebral palsy then they will be given compensatory time of twenty minutes
Note: If you have any query or facing any problem in filling up the form etc. you can complain them on https://cgrs.ibps.in/ and must mention “RBI Assistant Examination-2019” in the subject of the mail
If you have any questions related to RBI Assistant Syllabus, Exam pattern then contact us in the discussion box below and our team will reply to you shortly.