Odisha B.PEd/M.PEd 3rd General Selection List 2021: Sports and Youth Services Department, Govt. of Odisha is the authority responsible for carrying out the admission process for selecting suitable students for admission into B.PEd/ M.Ped courses are offered in the state of Odisha. The Physical Fitness Test was conducted from 6th to 10th October in Bhubaneshwar and now the examinees are waiting for the publication of B.PEd/M.PEd 3rd General Selection List. This list is going to be released as per the pre-determined schedule.
Update: Odisha B.PEd/M.PEd 3rd provisional list for admission to 2021 is to be uploaded on 29th October. The link for the list will be provided below.
The selection list is posted online on the SAMS admission portal of Odisha. Candidates have to visit the portal to check the selection list. On 18th October 2021, the concerned authority will release the General Merit list and disqualified list along with the 1st college-wise selection list.
Odisha B.PEd/M.PEd Admission 2021
|Admission Process||Odisha B.PEd/ M.Ped Admission|
|Conducting Authority||Sports and Youth Services Department, Govt. of Odisha|
|Admission Portal||Student Academic Management System (SAMS)|
|Publication of 3rd selection list||29th October 2021|
Odisha B.Ped/ M.Ped Admission Schedule
|Release of online Common Application Form (CAF) for admission||25th September 2021|
|Last date of filling online CAF||1st October 2021 (11:59 pm)|
|Downloading of Index Card for appearing in Physical Fitness Test||3rd October 2021|
|Date of Physical Fitness Test & Validation||6th to 10th October 2021|
|Display of General Merit List & List of Disqualified candidates||18th October 2021|
|Display of 1st College wise Selection List||18th October 2021|
|Reporting and admission of selected candidates at CAC (Central Admission Centre) Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar||22nd to 25th October 2021 (10:00 am to 05:00 pm)|
|Display of 2nd Selection & Final List||26th October 2021|
|Reporting and admission of selected candidates at CAC (Central Admission Centre) Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar||28th October 2021 (10:00 am to 05:00 pm)|
|Display of 3rd selection list if there is a vacancy||29th October 2021|
|Reporting and admission of selected candidates at CAC (Central Admission Centre) Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar||31st October 2021|
|Commencement of Classes||1st November 2021|
How to check Odisha BPEd/MPEd 3rd Selection List?
The following steps can be followed to download the selection list once it will be made available on SAMS Odisha Portal-
- Logon to the official portal of SAMS, Odisha.
- Click on Physical Education Link given under “Sports & Youth Services” section
- Go to selection list option given on the BPED/ MPED adimission page.
- Provide the relevant search options and proceed.
- Finally selection list of the selected program will open.
- Go through the list and save the list for your references.
Preparation of Merit List
The merit list is prepared on the various factors as fixed by the selection authority. Check the marks weightage and principals used to prepare the merit list and select candidates for admission given as under-
For B.P.Ed. Course
– Academic performance of the candidates- 50% [HSC (10th)-10%, Intermediate (12th)- 15%, Graduation (3 yr degree)- 25%]
– Physical fitness test – 40% (i.e., 16 marks)
– Sports- 10%
For M.P.Ed. Course
– Candidate’s academic performance- 50% [HSC (10th)- 10%, Intermediate (12th)- 10%, Graduation- 15% (3 Yr. degree)- B.P.Ed./ B.Sc. in Ph. Edu. – 15%]
– Physical fitness Exam – 40%
– Sports- 10%
Principals of Selection
- The first basis for selection is verification of the certificates (Sports, Caste & Residential) of the candidates
- The second basis is the physical fitness test (B.P.Ed./M.P.Ed.). The test included-
– 50 meters sprint
– 1000 meters Walk/ Runs
– Overhead back throw
Standing Broad Jump
- For In-service candidates, 30% marks in physical fitness test.
- No test for PWD candidates, selection based on academic merit and achievements in sports.
What after the release of selection list?
Candidates who will be selected for admission have to report for admission at the center specified on the scheduled dates. The admission and validation of documents for both the programs will be conducted at Central Admission Centre Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar. Candidates have to report between 10:00 am to 05:00 pm for admission after the release of each selection list. Candidates who will not be selected in 1st list can wait for the publication of the second list.
Documents for Admission
At the time of reporting and admission at the specified center, candidates need to carry the following documents with them-
- Intimation letter
- Class 10th & 12th Certificate, Degree Certificate, B.Sc. (Physical Edu.) / B.P.Ed./ Inte. B.P.Ed certificate (as applicable)
- College Leaving Certificate (In Original)
- Marksheets and certfificate to prove educational qualification
- Certificate of conduct
- Caste Certificate
- Sports Certificates
- Relive order for candidates in service
- Migration certificate/ University Registration Receipt
- Affidavit from Notary (for genuiness of certificates)