The Telangana Government is currently inviting online applications for the Post Matric Scholarships. These scholarships are specifically for candidates from the socially and economically unprivileged classes. With this scholarship, the authorities aim for the welfare of the depressed classes. The candidates must apply through the Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships for this scheme. Know about this scholarship, the application procedure, and other details about it here in this article.
Telangana Post Matric Scholarship 2023-24
The students in Telangana who belong to Scheduled Castes or Tribes or Backward Classes or are disabled can apply for Scholarships to continue with higher studies. The Telangana Government will fund the post-matric studies of such students. This scheme has been benefitting nearly 14 lakh students every year.
The registrations are finally open for the session 2023-24. Interested candidates need to apply for it online. A specific limit to the income of the candidate’s family has been set to Rs. 2 Lakh per year to ensure that only those who need assistance through the scholarship can avail of it. The candidates need to observe all the conditions and procedures for this scholarship to apply for it.
Telangana Post Matric Scholarship 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship|
|Aim||To financially assist underprivileged students to continue their studies after the Matriculation level.|
|Beneficiary||Scheduled Tribes/Castes, Backwards Classes, and Disabled Students.|
|Components of Scholarship||Reimbursement of Tuition Fees and Maintenance Charges|
|Deadline For Application Submission||31 December 2023|
|Money Transfer Mode||Direct Bank Transfer or DBT|
Objectives of TS Post Matric Scholarship
The Government of Telangana aims to financially support students for a higher level of studies, especially when they face issues due to the inability to afford it. Most students belonging to Socially Backward classes or belonging to the Physically Handicapped Category are unable to pursue their higher studies due to lower income.
Hence, to reduce such situations, the state government will cover the non-refundable fees and maintenance charges of such studies while studying in higher classes after passing Class 10. This will not only contribute to the welfare of the categories but also result in a reduction in dropout cases.
The funds will be disbursed directly into the account of the applicants through Direct Bank Transfer Mode or DBT. However, they will depend on the course category they are pursuing and the educational expense type. The government will fund both Institutional fees and maintenance expenditures. The courses are categorised into groups in the following manner:
- Professional Courses: Group-I
- Post Graduate Courses: Group-II
- Graduate Courses: Group-III
- Intermediate level Courses: Groups-IV
RTF or Reimbursement of Tuition Fee
The candidates will receive assistance in payment of non-refundable Tuition Fees of the Institute to which they are admitted. However, the money will be directly transferred to the Institution on behalf of the candidate to ensure the educational utilization of the funds. The monetary amount that can be reimbursed will range from Rs. 850 to Rs. 6.90 Lakhs. This entirely depends upon the course of the student. The RTF has been fixed as:
|Course Group||Fee Range|
|Group-I||Rs. 23,000 – Rs. 6,90,000|
|Group-II||Rs. 3,610 – Rs. 92,000|
|Group-III||Rs. 1,500 – Rs. 20,000|
|Group-IV||Rs. 850 – Rs. 16,400|
MFT or Maintenance Charges
The maintenance charges are awarded to students to carry out their educational expenses other than the fee. The candidates are categorized on the basis of their accommodation style and the charges are decided as per the group of courses. Refer to the table given below to know about the maintenance charges given to the applicants:
|Group of Course||Day Scholars||Hostellers|
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana Post Matric Scholarship
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for assistance under the Telangana Post Matric Scholarship. Ineligible candidates will automatically be rejected, and those trying to avail of monetary benefits on false grounds will have to face the repercussions of their actions. Hence, observe the following conditions:
- The candidate must be a citizen of Telangana.
- The family’s income must not be more than Rs. 2 Lakh per annum combined from all the sources of earnings.
- The candidate must have been admitted to a recognised institution for a postgraduate education.
- For the intermediate level of study, the candidate’s age must not be more than 20 years for EBC, Minority, and Disabled candidates, while for SC, ST, and BC must be 24 years.
- For studying Graduation level courses, the maximum age has been fixed as 25 and 29 years for EBC/Minority/Disabled candidates and SC/ST/BC Candidates, respectively.
- For courses of postgraduate or Research levels, the age of candidates must not be more than 30 years in the case of EBC, Minority, and Disabled candidates and 34 years in the case of SC, ST, and BC candidates.
Documents in Application Form
The candidates must note the following prerequisites before filling out the application form:
- Secondary School Certificate Admit Card with examination roll number, passing year, and type of candidate.
- The Aadhaar Card Number of the Student or the Registration Number of the Aadhar Card or EID.
- Caste Certificate
- Latest Passport size photograph
- Income Certificate of the family
- Bank account details of the candidate along with a copy of the Bank Passbook first page showing the Name of the Student, Bank Account Number and IFSC code of the Bank Branch. The bank must be included in the National Banks list as per the government. However, Economically Backward Classes students are not required to submit details if they do not have a bank account.
- Students need to submit the Mobile Passport and Passport Registration Application.
- Certificate of Study or a Bonafide Certificate for the educational record of the last seven continuous years
- An order for the Common Entrance Test in case of CET courses
- For an Intermediate student to register on the ePASS portal, he/she must finish the Online Admission procedures to the Board of Intermediate Education Portal with the help of the Principal of the College.
Telangana Post Matric Scholarship Application Form 2023
The students need to apply online for the Telangana Post Matric Scholarship through the ePASS or Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships Portal. Follow the simple steps given below to register for the scholarship:
- Open the official Telangana ePASS or Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships website at telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in.
- Scroll the homepage to the menu. Click on “Post Matric Scholarship Services“.
- Look for “Post matric Scholarships For Fresh Registration(2023-4)” in the list. Click on “Fresh Registrations” next to it.
- An instructions page will consequently open up. Tick the applicable options at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Apply Now“.
- In the Student SSC details, mention all the details of the Secondary School Certificate. The application will be furthered based on the details of the Admit Card or Hall Ticket number.
- Enter all the details required and review the details.
- Upload the documents above in the required sizes and formats.
- Click on the option of “Submit“.
TS ePass Scholarship Important Links & Contacts
|Fresh Registrations Here||Telangana Post Matric Scholarship Fresh Registration|
|Renewal Here||Telangana Post Matric Scholarship Renewal|
|Get the Latest Updates Here||NVSHQ Homepage|
|ePASS Office Address||Project Monitoring Unit, SPIU, Ground Floor, Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Sankshema Bhavan (DSS Bhavan), Opp: Chacha Nehru Park, Masab Tank, Hyderabad.|
|Phone Number for General Issues (10:30 A.M. to 5 P.M. on Working Days)||040-23390228|
|Phone Number for Technical Issues (10:30 A.M. to 5 P.M. on Working Days)||040-23120311|