Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2022: For the promotion of Basic and Natural Sciences, Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment launched the Prathibha Scholarship Programme. The candidates who aim to get financial support while studying subjects in the same field must apply for this scheme. The students in Kerela who are meritorious and are willing to pursue BSc or Integrated MSc courses in Natural Sciences can apply for this programme. The candidates must do so through the KSCSTE portal. However, prior to the application, one must check all the details such as the eligibility criteria, scholarship incentives, selection procedures and more. All the information pertaining to the Prathibha scholarship programme is available in the ensuing article.
Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2022
The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment is currently not accepting applications for the scholarship programme through which they shall be supporting meritorious students. The candidates who must have passed the Higher Secondary Board Examination and belong to Kerala can apply for the scheme. These students shall pursue their higher education in the field of Natural Sciences. This scheme is launched under the STARS or Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Sciences and will be implemented by the Women Scientists Division at KSCSTE. Additionally, this program will also contribute to the encouragement of women in the field of Science.
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2022: Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2022|
|Authority||Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment or KSCSTE|
|Implemented By||Women Scientists Division at KSCSTE|
|Launched Under||STARS or Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Sciences|
|Aim||To promote Science Education and support Women’s Education|
|Subjects||Basic and Natural Sciences|
|Course||3-year BSc or 5-year Integrated MSc|
|Beneficiaries||Meritorious students who have passed HSE in Kerela|
|Amount||Rs. 12,000 – Rs. 60,000|
|Amount Disbursement Mode||Direct Bank Transfer Mode|
|Amount Disbursement Duration||Annual|
Aim of the KSCSTE Scholarship
The prime aim of the scholarship is to promote education in Basic and Natural Sciences. The meritorious students of Kerala will be awarded and provided with additional assistance to support their higher studies in the fields of sciences. Additionally, women candidates will receive preference and hence, the KSCSTE also aims to empower women candidates and ensure that female education in the field is boosted. The academically excellent students in Kerela will be highly motivated and promulgated to take up the field of science and not give up on their educational dreams or any opportunities at any point in life.
Prathibha Scholarship Amount
The following scholarship amount has been fixed depending upon the academic level that is being pursued by the applicants:
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
|S.No.||Academic Level||Scholarship Amount (Annual)|
|1.||1st year at Undergraduate Level||Rs. 12,000|
|2.||2nd year at Undergraduate Level||Rs. 18,000|
|3.||3rd year at Undergraduate Level||Rs. 24,000|
|4.||1st year at Postgraduate Level||Rs. 40,000|
|5.||2nd year at Postgraduate Level||Rs. 60,000|
Benefits & Features of the KSCSTE Pratibha Scholarship Programme
The candidates who are willing to apply for the scholarship programme must carefully observe the following features and benefits that they can receive by applying for this scheme:
- The candidates will receive a grant amount annually on the basis of their eligibility for the scheme.
- Those who are pursuing higher education in the field of Basic and Natural Sciences will be motivated.
- The scholarship shall support the meritorious but financially insecure candidates in pursuance of their higher education.
- The candidates who will be selected will also receive the opportunity to attend the Science Orientation Programmes.
- The scholars who will be selected will also be able to interact with highly esteemed researchers in the same field through the SPEED Scheme.
- The candidates will be receiving the scholarship amount directly into their bank accounts through Direct Bank Transfer Mode.
- The scholars will have to apply for Renewal every forthcoming academic year depending on their performance. This will ensure that only deserving and hardworking candidates in the field are benefitted.
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants for the scholarship must observe the following eligibility conditions as laid down by the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment before applying:
- The students must be from Kerela by origin.
- They must not be receiving financial assistance through any other scholarship scheme for the same course.
- Gaps are not allowed while receiving benefits under this scholarship programme.
- The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Board Examination with at least 90% marks. However, the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes category must have scored a minimum of 80% marks.
- The candidates should have been admitted into 3 Year BSc Programme or 5 Year Integrated MSc Course in Basic and Natural Sciences.
- The candidates must have taken admitted to any college across India.
- The scholars should have opted for Honours or Majors in any of the subsequent subjects:
- Mathematical Sciences: Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics.
- Physical Sciences: Astrophysics, Astronomy, Atmospheric Science, Chemistry, Electronics, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Ocean Sciences, Physics, Polymer Chemistry, and Photonics.
- Life Sciences: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Food Sciences, Microbiology, Plant Sciences, and Zoology.
Prathibha Scholarship Application Procedure
Follow the method mentioned below in order to apply for the Prathibha Scholarship:
- Open the official portal of Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment or KSCSTE at kscste.kerala.gov.in.
- On the homepage, tap on the Schemes and Programmes dropdown list.
- In the list of options, click on Student Programmes and finally click on Prathibha Scholarship Programme.
- The information page in the portal for the scholarship scheme will open up.
- In the Applicant’s Portal 2022, click on Register Here.
- The registration form will open up.
- Enter Name, Date of Birth, E-mail, Mobile Number, and Higher Secondary Examination Roll Number.
- Press on Register.
- The login credentials will be created. Head back to the scholarship information page and press Login to log into the portal.
- Enter the Application Number and Password. Enter the captcha code and press Login.
- In the user dashboard, complete all the remaining formalities and fill out the online application form for the scholarship.
- Finally, click on Submit.
- Print the copy of the completely filled and submitted application form.
KSCSTE Scholarship Renewal Procedure
The candidates who have previously applied for the scholarship and have received benefits through it shall apply for renewal. to do so, observe the steps given below:
- Open the Information page of Prathibha Scholarship on the website of KSCSTE.
- On the main page, tap on Renewal Portal.
- Click on Register Here.
- The renewal registration form will subsequently open up.
- Select the course year in which the applicant is currently studying.
- Enter the PS Number or Prathibha Scholarship Number, Mobile Number and Password.
- Enter the Captcha Code and press Register.
- Use the credentials to log into the portal under the Renewal Portal by tapping on Login.
- In the user dashboard, fill out the Renewal Application Form.
- Press Submit and print the filled and submitted application form for future reference.
Prathibha Scholarship Selection Procedure
The selection of the applicants for the reception of benefits through the Prathibha Scholarship will happen in the following manner:
- The online forms which are filled out by the candidates will be scrutinized and the eligible contenders will be shortlisted.
- Candidates will be ranked on the basis of the marks secured by them in the Higher Secondary Examination in Science Subjects.
- They will be further categorised on the basis of the Majors or Honours subject they have opted for in their Degree course.
- The following weightage has been fixed for the subsequent categories:
- Mathematical Sciences: 30%
- Physical Sciences: 40%
- Life Sciences: 30%
- SC/ST: 10% of the total
- The documents submitted online shall be checked for Provisional Selection List or PRL.
- The documents will be further verified for the Final Rank List or FRL.
- All the decisions will be taken depending upon the guidelines of the KSCSTE.
Important Links for Prathibha Scholarship
|Portal of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment||KSCSTE Portal Link|
|Online Application Link||Available Soon|
|Renewal Link||Available Soon|