Check here NMMS online application date, NMMS eligibility, Selection process, and awards here. Applicants looking for the NMMS scholarship apply, eligibility can refer to the complete article below. The scholarship is granted by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, under the Government of India.
Around 1 lakh of the NMMS scholarship will be provided to the students. Applicants can avail of the scholarship by filling out the details in the NMMS scholarship application form. The authority conducts the written examinations for the students which have to be cleared to avail the benefits of the scholarship.
Candidates looking to enrol for the scheme need to satisfy the prescribed eligibility criteria so as to apply for the scheme. There is a fixed income range for the family of the candidate which needs to follow to avail of the scholarship funds. In the article below the details info of the National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme eligibility and benefits will be mentioned.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2023
NMMS Application Forms have been released by the respective state. We have shared all information regarding the application and exam dates in this article. The authority will provide the scholarship to the students for 4 years from class 9th to 12th.
The scholarship funds will be 12000/- which will be provided yearly through a monthly grant of 1000/-. The income of the applicant’s family should not exceed more than 1.5 lakhs per annum. Income criteria must be satisfied so as to avail of the scholarship. Applicants have to appear for the entrance test to get the scholarship.
Aim of NMMS Scholarship 2023
The main objective of the National Means cum merit scholarship is to encourage children to finish their higher secondary and secondary levels of education. It also lessens the rate of dropout students from 8th standard. Applicants who want to take admission into the 9th and 12th classes can apply for this scholarship through online mode.
NMMS 2023 Complete Details @ scholarships.gov.in
The complete details of the NMMS 2023 scholarship have been presented in the article below. Have a look over the details before applying to the application. Please refer to the details mentioned below.
|Authority||National Scholarship Portal|
|Name of the Scholarship||National Means Cum Merit Scholarship|
|Scholarship for Class||Class 9th to 12th|
|Availability of Scholarship form||Available for some states|
|Entrance Examination Date||As decided by respective State/UTs Authority|
|Declaration of Results||Notify Soon|
|NMMS scholarship Applicable for||PAN India|
NMMS Scholarship Detailed Overview
A detailed overview of the NMMS 2023 scholarship scheme is provided below. The list contains the important features of the scholarship scheme.
|A huge number of scholarships shall be granted to the eligible applicants who have enrolled for the scholarship (about 1 lakh)||The scheme is provided on a yearly basis and all the government, and private schools are covered under the scholarship scheme.|
|Applicant’s parent income shall be less than 1.5 lakhs per annum from all sources||The amount for the scholarship shall be 1000/month which will be given for a year i.e 12000/year.|
|Applicants have to appear for the entrance examination to obtain the scholarship.||The examination centre for the entrance examination will be provided in each state.|
|The scholarship shall be available for a maximum of 4 years||Applicants have to renew the scholarship scheme every year.|
General Eligibility Conditions for the NMMS Scholarship Scheme
Here is the most important passage of the scholarship scheme which depicts the scholarship scheme eligibility. The applicant has to follow certain eligibility criteria. The eligibility details are as follows.
- The applicant must pursue the approved courses by the authority and should have good character along with more than 60% of the total attendance.
- The NMMS scholarship is only for Indian Candidates.
- If the applicant has not applied for the claim before 12 months of the academic session, the authority will not be liable to provide the scholarship fund to the candidates.
- In the case of the applicant who leaves the school and studies without completing the academic year, no scholarship shall be paid to him/her.
- If the applicant suffers from a medical illness and cannot appear for the annual examinations then they will have to present a medical certificate from the doctor.
- If the NMMS scholarship is cancelled/discontinued on the basis of the disbursement rules of the scholarship, it cannot be revived under any circumstances.
- Students of class 8th must get promoted to 9th class to obtain the scholarship.
- The applicant can avail of the scholarship for classes 10th and 12th by clearing the previous class for the first time with a minimum percentage of 60% for General/OBC/Others and for SC/ST it is 55%.
- The authority will keep a regular check on the scholarship and ensure that all those who are in the need of it get the benefits of the NMMS scholarship scheme.
NMMS Scholarship Disbursement
- A candidate can avail benefit of only one scholarship scheme.
- Beneficiaries must obtain 55% of minimum scores in class 9th and 11th and for class 10th applicants have to score at least 60% marks. (5% of relaxation will be given to reserved category aspirants).
- Candidates have to open their bank account in the State Bank of India or any other scheduled bank or public sector bank which grants the facility of core banking.
- The scholarship paid by authorities to recipients will be ensured by SBI in one go [12000 rupees] instant receiving list and funds from Ministry.
- For scholarship-related payments, SBI will contact some of their branches in order to coordinate with the education department of each state.
Selection of Candidates for the NMMS Scholarship Scheme
The selection for the scholarship shall be done through the written test which will be organized by the authority. Applicants must go through the details mentioned below in which brief details about the selection of the candidate for the NMMS scholarship scheme are mentioned.
The examination for the selection of candidates for scholarship schemes shall be conducted by the respective states and UTs which comprise of the following test i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
To apply for the above examinations the applicant must have 60% for general/others and 55% for SC/ST in class 7th standard. The applicant must be a regular student and should not avail of the other scholarship scheme. Students from Government/Private schools can apply.
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
The examination structure for the scholarship examinations is mentioned below. Please refer to the pattern of examination described below.
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||The questions regarding verbal and non-verbal reasoning will be asked in the examination. The level of the exam will be 8th based. The total number of questions will be 90 and 90 minutes shall be provided for the examination.|
|Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||The examination will check the subject skills of the candidate. 90 questions will be asked on the subject of Mathematics, Social Study, and Science. The level of questions will be of class 7th and 8th. 90 minutes shall be granted to complete the examination.|
Higher authorities won’t charge any type of examination fee in order to avail of the benefits of this scheme.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Outcome
The applicant can have the results for the examination on the official portal. The applicant has to secure the cut-off marks so as to clear the examination. The prescribed cut-off mark for both examinations is 40% for all categories except SC/ST. The reserved category students have to secure 32% marks to clear the cut-off.
The examination result can be expected to declare in the month of March. However, it depends on the authority because sometimes there is a delay in the examination which causes the results to be published late. Applicants are advised to bookmark our page to have regular updates regarding the Scholarship examination results in 2023.
Steps to fill NMM Scholarship Application Form
|Registration of the candidate||1) For an online application form for the scholarship starts visiting the official portal of NSP i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in|
2) Now click on the tab that shows new registration (If not yet registered)
3) Registered candidates can directly login form the homepage screen.
4)Tick on the declaration provided on the screen and enter your mobile number.
5) Input the OTP received on your phone to the registration form.
6) Now, proceed toward filling out the application form.
|Application form Filling||1) Candidate now has to enter the details asked in the application form that as Name, Parents’ Name, Date of Birth, Bank Details, etc.|
2) Correctly enter your details on the application form.
3) Now proceed towards selecting the category of the candidate.
4) The students have to select the pre-matric category below class 10th and to avail of the scholarship for 11th and 12th, the applicant has to select a post-matric category to avail the scholarship.
|Review the application||1) After completion of the application form filling, please validate your details entered in the form and proceed towards the submission of the application form.|
|Document upload||1) Candidates have to upload relevant documents as asked in the application form. |
2) The details of the certificate upload will be present in the application. Upload the documents as per the instructions.
|Final Submission||1) Finally, the candidate will be directed to the final submission of the application form. The applicant must check twice for the details entered by him/her.|
2) Take a copy of the application form after the successful submission.
Documents Required for NMMS Application
In this portion of the article, we have listed down all the important certificates needed at the time of submitting the application form for NMMS 2023. Applicants have to upload all these relevant documents. In case they attach any false certificate, then officials may cancel their candidature during the selection procedure. Check out the testimonials that are as follows.
- Disability Certificate of Disability (if applicable)
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- 7th and 8th Class Marksheet and Certificates
- Aadhaar Card of the Applicant
- Ration Card
- Active Mobile Number
- Caste Certificate of Candidate
- Bank Account Information
NMMS 2023 Application Form Status State-wise
|State name||Form Status||LAST DATE||Exam Date|
|Karnataka||Open||4th October 2023||17 December 2023|
|Jammu and Kashmir|
|Odisha||From 5th August 2023||31st August 2023||7th November 2023|
|Uttar Pradesh||from 23rd August 2023||28th September|
|Chandigarh||Available||20 September 2023||5th November 2023|
|Nagaland||Available||31 August 2023|
|West Bengal||Available||25 July 2023|
|Rajasthan||from 16th Sep|
|Haryana||Available||10th October 2023||19 November 2023|
NMMS 2023 Admit Card
Admit cards for scholarship examination will be made accessible once officials complete the application submission process. Aspirants can download the NMMS hall ticket online mode only. Officials will not send admit cards to any candidates individually by speed post.
Eligible candidates can download the admit card from the official portal. It is necessary for all aspirants to bring a hard copy of admit card along with any identity proof on the day of examination. Otherwise, aspirants have to face the consequences of not carrying a printout of the NMMS 2023 admit card.
NMMS 2023 Preparation of Result
Aspirants have to qualify for both exams, that is MAT and SAT, with a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate. The passing marks for those candidates who belong to reserved categories like SC and ST will be 32%. While selecting eligible candidates for NMMS scholarship, the marks of students in the 8th class or its equivalent should be 55% minimum.
There will be 5% relaxation given to reserved category aspirants. Once the mentioned criteria, the NMMS 2023 result will be prepared. Keen applicants can view their results from the official website after the declaration of it. Those applicants who will qualify this examination can take part in a further stage of the selection process.
Conditions for Availing NMMS Scheme at Secondary & Higher Secondary Phase
- In order to begin a scholarship, applicants must qualify for their 8th to 9th class and then apply for an NMMS scholarship.
- Officials will pay scholarship amounts at higher secondary and secondary or its equivalent class for four years in India only.
- If aspirants want to continue the scholarship in 10th and 12th standard, then they have to qualify class 9th and 11th class on 1st attempt and score a minimum of 55% numbers in the respective classes (5% relaxation for SC/ST category applicants).
- The scholarship will remain in the higher secondary class, only if aspirants will get 60% of the total marks in the 10th standard.
- In the scenario where the recipient’s school does not organize the exam at the last of the 9th or 11th class, then the scholarship will continue for the 2nd year. The only thing applicants have to do is submit a certificate for the reason for not organizing exams from the school head.
- The concerned department will monitor the scholarship with stakeholders at a fixed interval of the time period.
- It may happen that higher authorities review the scheme after three years.
The students applying for the scholarship must have their own bank account to receive the scholarship funds.
Applicants have to appear for the entrance test and those individuals securing the prescribed cut-off suggested by the authority will be eligible for the scholarship.
A yearly amount of 12000/- will be provided to the students for a maximum of 4 years.
Candidates have to secure more than 55% marks (General/Others) in the annual examination and a relaxation of 5% is provided for the SC/ST community students.
Applicant’s family income from all sources shall be less than 1.5 lakhs.
In the entrance examination, there is no negative marking.
NMMS 2023 hall ticket can be downloaded through the official website. No hard copy of it will be sent to any participants.
Those applicants who belong to the SC category will be a 5% of relaxation in marks.
Officials have cleared this thing on the notification that if an applicant is already availing of another scholarship then he/ she won’t be eligible to apply for the NMMS scholarship.