MOMA Scholarship 2020: The aim of the MOMA Scholarship is to provide financial aid to the students belonging to the minority classes such as Muslims, Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Jain, and Buddhist. Ministry of Minority Affair is the sole body to organize the MOMA Scholarship program every year. The students who wanted to achieve their dreams by attaining quality education lose hope because of the financial problem, but due to MOMA Scholarship program, one can think to pursue higher education in their selected field of study.
Update 20th Jan 2021: The registration process for MOMA scholarship has been concluded and the last date for defective and institute verification is 5th Feb 2021
India is a country where the empowerment of the minority community is always done. Keeping in mind this very strategy, the Government of India introduced MoMA scholarship scheme for those students who are from the minority community. It works as financial aid for those students and they get real financial support for further higher studies.
MOMA Scholarship 2020
MOMA Scholarship 2019-20 is the medium for the students coming from the minority classes to fulfill their dreams. The initiative to launch the MOMA Scholarship Scheme is to provide monetary benefits to pursue education. The Ministry of Minority Affairs conducts a scholarship test every year to select a student in order to provide National Minority Scholarship amounting up to Rs 20,000 per annum.
- Through the MOMA Scholarship Program, the government aims to provide 30 lakh under the pre-matric scholarships.
- For the post-matric scholarship scheme, the number of scholarship is fixed to 5 Lakh.
- About 60,000 Scholarship will be fixed for the students who wanted to pursue professional course in technical or in any field.
An Overview Of MOMA Scholarship Scheme 2020
|Scholarship Conducted By||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Closing Date of Scheme|
31st Dec 2020 and 20th Jan 2021
|Process of Defective Verification|
15th Jan 2021 and 5th Feb 2021
15th Jan 2021 and 5th Feb 2021
|Release of Shortlisted Students||January 2020-21|
Eligibility Criteria For MOMA Scholarship 2020
The initiative to provide scholarships to the students of the minority classes is taken by the Prime Minister of India. Through this article, we will share the complete information about the MOMA Scholarship 2020 that includes types of scholarship, MOMA Eligibility criteria for the selection, selection procedure, etc.
The list of MOMA Scheme includes 3 types of scholarship:
- Pre –matric Scholarship
- Post-matric Scholarship
- Merit cum means Scholarship
- Under this scholarship, the benefit is providing to the students for the studies at the pre-matric level.
- The amount set for the pre-matric scheme is Rs 600 per month at the basic level.
- To eligible for the Pre-matric Scheme candidate must have attained a minimum 50% marks in their last examination and their family income should not be more than Rs 1 Lakh per annum.
- Under the scholarship, the benefit will be given to the students studying in the class 11th to Ph.D. level.
- The students under the post-matric scheme will get up to Rs 10,000 per year with the additional rewards up to Rs 1200 every month.
- To eligible for the Post-matric Scheme, the candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in the last qualifying examination and their family income should not be more than Rs 2 Lakh per annum.
- The scholarship benefit will be given to the students who wanted to pursue higher education at the graduate and post-graduate levels.
- The students who will get eligible to receive the Merit-Cum -Means Scholarship will get entitled to receive up to Rs 20,000 per year financial aid in their higher education.
- To get eligible for the Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship, the candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in the last qualifying examination and their family income should be less than 2.5 Lakh per year.
Steps to Apply For MOMA Scholarship Application 2020
Students looking for the MOMA Scholarship 2020 needs to visit National Scholarship Portal (NSP) online portal to apply for the scheme. The steps to apply for the MOMA Scheme 2020 are given below:
- For the new candidate, one needs to register for the online application on the NSP portal.
- In the second step, the students have to mention basic information which will be used to create the application Id and password
- Then the OTP will be shared on the registered contact number of a student.
- Needs to login to the NSP portal to proceed with the application.
- Students asked to fill all the relevant information asked in the registration form that will include Aadhar Number, Educational Qualification, Enrollment Number, Bank Details, and need to select the state at the time of apply for the MOMA Scholarship application form.
- Need to upload the required documents on the portal and have to select the Scholarship scheme based on their qualification.
Documents Required For MOMS Scholarship
It is important to upload the relevant documents under the Merit-Cum-means MOMA Scholarship. The students who are applying for a scholarship under the Pre-matric and Post-matric Scheme are not entitled to upload any kind of document.
List of Documents required for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Scheme are as follows:
- A candidate who is applying for the MOMA Scholarship Scheme is required to upload the photograph at the NSP portal.
- Family income proof/certificate needs to be submitted at the time of uploading all relevant documents.
- Need to submit self -certified community certificate for the candidate who has attained 18 years of age.
- Student need to upload the educational mark -sheet showing the minimum qualifying marks i.e. 50%.
- It is important to upload bank details of a student to receive the scholarship amount and in case of student not having the bank account; the parents can provide their bank details on the application for MOMA Scholarship 2020.
- Candidate need to upload the domicile certificate for the applying state.
- The most important document to upload for MOMA Scholarship Application is Aadhar Number. The students need to upload their Aadhar number on the NSP portal. In case of not having the Aadhar number then he/she can upload the bonafide student certificate issued by the school/institute.
Instruction To Be Followed While Filling Bank Details
- There is a need to fill the bank details with the correct IFSC code of a student/guardian carefully while filling the application form.
- All students are advised to complete their bank account KYC (Know Your Customer) to obtain the amount of scholarship directly into their account.
- The bank account of the student/guardian must remain active till the time of completion of scholarship scheme.
- Need to link the bank account with the Aadhar number as early as possible in order to achieve successful transaction of the scholarship amount.
- It’s mandatory for the student to provide their personal bank details in case of Post-matric and Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship program
Minority Scholarship Scheme –Renewal Application Process
Note – It is important to provide the mark sheet of minimum 50% marks of the previous year examination for the renewal of scholarship scheme for the next academic session.
- In case, the candidate fails to provide the required mark sheet for the previous year examination with minimum qualifying marks can be disqualified to obtain the MOMA Scholarship Scheme Benefits.
Verification Process Of MOMA Application
- The candidate who is applying the MOMA Application 2020 needs to verify their application at the school/institute level and then after at their respective state level.
- The verification can also be done through online portal of the authorized authorities with the timeframe assigned by the NSP.
- The disbursement of the scholarship amount will get started with respect to the successful verification of the application from the authorized authorities.
- The students who failed to verify their MOMS Application will not be entitled to get the scholarship amount.
MOMA Result 2020
The candidates who will apply for the Ministry of Minority Affairs Scholarship Scheme 2020 needs to check the official website i.e.www.momascholarship.gov.in to get the update regarding MOMA Result 2020. It is expected that the MOMA Scholarship Result 2020 will be getting released in the month of December 2020.
- The official of the Ministry of Minority Affairs will publish the MOMA Merit List simultaneously with the result in the month of January 2021 (tentatively).
Frequently Asked Questions
All minority classes such as Muslim, Sikh, Parsi, Buddhist, and Jain are eligible for the MOMA Scheme 2020.
The process to apply for the MOMA Application form is very simple, the candidate needs to visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal to apply for the scholarship program.
The Institute will appoint a nodal officer who needs to register himself on the National Scholarship Portal which enables the student to apply for the scholarship program.
The applicant needs to mention all the details which will be asked at the time of filling the MOMA Scholarship Form. The details will be Name of the candidate, Father’s Name, Aadhar Number, Bank account details with the correct IFSC code, etc.
If the student doesn’t hold any bank account on their name; then he/she can provide the bank account of their guardian.
SALIENT FEATURES OF MOMA SCHOLARSHIP
- 30% of the MOMA scholarship is for girl students.
- 2 students from the same family can avail the benefit out of this scheme.
- The state government and the union territory administration has approved this scheme.
- About twenty thousand students of minority communities are awarded with this scholarship in the country.
STAGES OF MOMA SCHOLARSHIP
Moma scholarship consists of three stages
- Verification has to be done before the approval of the MOMA scholarship. The verification generally has further stages like first verification is the Institutional level verification. The basic documentation is needed so as to prove the community.
- The next level of verification is District level/ state level/ Board level verification.
- A student’s documents are verified by the institute first and after verification, it is forwarded to district or state or board Nodal office.
- In general case, institutions are given only 15 days for the verification to be done after the last date of form submission. District or state office takes 30 days for the further verification.
- A student, after having verified documents, is then sent for the merit list generation to the concerned ministry. Merit list is prepared based on the some specific parameters like that of category, overall class percentage and lastly the budget allotted for the Moma scholarship. After the 20 to 25 days of verification, merit list is prepared.
- If a student’s name is there on merit list, then he or she is sent for Lot Generation. In this, segregation is done by the management team according to state wise and scheme wise segregation, according to it, lots are created. The Lot generation phase takes 15 to 20 days to complete.
- After the Lot segregation phase, PFMS gets started. The remaining process is done by PFMS.
Scholarship Approval and amount distribution
- Payment files is created by PFMS and then is forwarded to the concerned State units or Union territory Units for the re-verification and appending Digital signature.
- This process usually takes 15 to 30 days.
After the generation of Payment files, its verification is done by Program Division Makers (PD). Then, they get approval from their respective Integrated Finance Division or IFD.
This process takes 10 to 15 days to complete.
After IFD gets approved, the PD maker prepares the Sanction Order against each payment file and is sent to the department which the department tally and generation of E-bills is done.
The E-bills is sent to PFMS for the payment. This process takes 15 to 20 days for completion.
The maximum time of 4 months is taken for MOMA scholarship amount to get credited in the bank account of the students who are selected for the MOMA scholarship.
We request you to please stay updated with the latest update on the MOMA Scholarship 2020 by visiting the official website of the National Scholarship Program. In the case of any clarity needed about the scholarship scheme, then you can ask them by putting the queries in the comment section.