Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Application: The Kotak Education Foundation is a non-profit organization that partners with Kotak Group Companies as a part of their CSR Project of Education and Livelihood. As a part of Corporate Social Responsibility, the authorities have decided to initiate Kotak Shiksha Nidhi for students whose financial status has been impacted due to the COVID. Those who have lost their both parents or either parent or the primary earning member shall receive monetary assistance under the scheme. The foundation is currently accepting Kotak Shiksha Nidhi online application forms till 31 March 2022. Before applying for the scheme, check all the criteria such as Eligibility Criteria, Documents, Application Procedure, and much more. To read all the information, check the following article.
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi 2022
The authorities of Kotak Group Companies have decided to assist the children who have lost parents or earning members due to the pandemic. The candidates who will be eligible for the scholarship shall receive help if they apply for it. As a part of their Corporate Social Responsibility or CSR project, the authorities will assist the students of Class 1 to Diploma or Graduation. The scholarship will be supporting the educational expenses of such children who are suffering from tragic loss. The death of the parent(s) or primary earning member is not only emotionally impacting but will also result in the decline of financial stability. Understanding the same issue, the authorities have announced this scheme. The authorities shall support the education and the main condition is the eligibility criteria.
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship: Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Kotak Shiksha Nidhi|
|Authority||Kotak Education Foundation|
|Project||Corporate Social Responsibility or CSR|
|Aim||To support the education of Pandemic affected students|
|Benefit||Financial Assistance for Educational Purpose|
|Beneficiaries||Students who have lost parents or a primary earning member of the family|
|Classes||1st Standard to Diploma or Graduation|
|Scholarship Amount||Depending upon the eligibility and discretion of the authority|
|Scholarship Duration||Scholarship eligibility will be periodically reviewed for further continuation|
|Application Deadline||31 March 2022|
|Amount Disbursement Mode||Direct Bank Transfer Mode|
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship Amount and Duration
The Kotak Education Foundation has not yet announced the specific or even the estimated amount that shall be awarded to the students who shall be eligible for receiving the scholarship assistance. The authorities have however notified that they shall consider the eligibility of the applicants and the number of eligible applications received in order to decide the exact amount that the candidate might require in order to support their eligibility. The educational expenses of candidates such as Tuition Fees, Books expenses, Coaching, Stationery, Accommodation, and much more pertaining to the candidate’s education shall be supported by the authorities.
As per the announcement of the authorities, there is no specific duration that has been notified for which the eligible applicants shall receive the assistance. The duration of reception of amount through the scholarship entirely depends upon the eligibility which shall be decided post the periodic checking of the eligibility status and disciplinary status of the student.
Eligibility Critereia for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship
The following eligibility criteria must be noted prior to the application for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The minimum age to apply for the scholarship has been announced as 6 yaers.
- The upper age limit for the scholarship has been fixed as 22 years.
- The candidate should have either lost the following due to the pandemic of COVID 19:
- Both parents,
- Or, Either of the parents,
- Or, a primary earning member of the family on whose income the family of the applicant depents finacially.
- Candidates studying in international boards such as IB or IGCSE or more shall not be eligible.
Documents required for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship Scheme
The subsequent documents shall be uploaded by the candidates while filling out the application form. These documents will be further verified at the time of selection:
- Passport sized photograph of the candidate
- Passport sized photograph of the guardian of the candidate
- For applicants who are under an age of 18 years, identirty proofs such as applicant Aadhaar Card along with co-parent’s or guardian’s Aadhaar Card or PAN Card or Voter ID or Driving License or more shall be accepted.
- For applicants over an age of 18 years, their own Aadhaar Card or PAN Card or Voter ID or Driving License or more shall be accepted.
- The admission proof such as fee receipt or a bonafide certificate or ID card issued by the institution or an admission letter and mark sheet of the previous class for the current academic year in which the candidate is studying.
- Death certificate of the ember of parent(s) lost is also required.
- Proof of death due to COVID-19 like the receipt of the hospital or doctor prescription or the COVID-19 test report or hospital bills or hospital discharge receipt or more can be accepted.
- Id needed, the candidate must present a reference from 2 eligible persons who witnessed crisis
- Details of the Bank account of the applicant or the guardian (only if he/she is less than 8 years) to reception of scholarship amount.
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Application Procedure
Follow the ensuing steps to apply for the scholarship scheme:
- Open official portal of Kotak Education Foundation at kotakeducation.org.
- Scroll to reach the last menu.
- Under the heading of Scholarships, press Kotak Shiksha Nidhi.
- The information page for the scholarship will open up.
- Finally, scroll and tap on Apply.
- Fill the registration form and upload all the necessary documents.
- Finally, press Submit.
Selection Procedure for the Scheme
The applicants who shall register for receiving the monetary assistance for education shall be shortlisted initially on the basis of the received online forms. The details of the candidates through the form shall verify the initial eligibility of the candidate. Post that, the crisis, that is, the death of the parent(s) of the candidates or the primary earning member in the family will be checked.
After the shortlisting, the candidates will have to go through a telephonic interview. Post the interview, selected candidates shall go through document verification. Finally, the candidates who will pass each stage will be receiving the notified amount directly into their bank account.
Companies funding Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship
The subsequent companies under the Kotak Companies Group shall fund the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi scholarship:
- Kotak Investment Advisors Limited or KIAL
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited or KMCCL
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited or KMAMC
- Kotak Securities Limited or KSL
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited or KMPL
- Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited or KMIL
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited or KIDFL
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited or KMTCL