Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023: The Kotak Education Foundation is all ready to sponsor Girl Education for certain candidates in India. The scholarship is a combined initiative of Kotak Mahindra Group companies’ Comprehensive School Reform Project on Education and Livelihood.
The scholarship supports girls to pursue further education after class XII or equivalent. The selected candidates will belong to the unprivileged sections of society. Read the article below to learn about the application procedure, eligibility criteria, and more details about the scholarship.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023
The Kotak Mahindra Group has a private foundation that constantly strives to contribute to society’s welfare. They are all set to award scholarships to meritorious but underprivileged girls in India who cannot take graduation courses due to financial instability. Furthermore, the selected candidate will benefit from the scholarship for the entire course duration.
The company aims to empower women candidates by sponsoring their education and paving the way for a better future for young girls. Interested applicants must check all the details about the scholarship and apply before the deadline.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Kotak Kanya Scholarship|
|Authority||Kotak Mahindra Companies|
|Project Reference||CSR Project on Education|
|Aim||To support the higher education of underprivileged girls|
|Beneficiaries||Meritorious Girls belonging to Economically Weaker parts of Society|
|Maximum Scholarship Amount||Rs. 1 Lakh|
|Scholarship Type||Merit/ Means|
|Duration||The complete duration of the graduate course|
|Last date of application||31 October 2023|
Aim of Kotak Kanya Scholarship
The Kotak Education Foundation desires to contribute to the betterment of society by initiating to empower female candidates. The scholarship launched by the organisation will provide financial assistance to girls who deserve to study based on their educational performance.
The girls selected for this scholarship must belong to the Economically Weaker Section of Indian Society. These girls can study after 12th and prepare for a better future.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship Eligibility
The candidates who wish to apply for this scholarship must carefully check the eligibility criteria before applying. The awarding authorities will consider those who meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be an Indian girl.
- Students who are admitted to the first year in a graduation course of institutes as approved by NAAC NBA or UGC for professional specialization like Engineering, design, Architecture, Specialised Commerce, Medicine, Finance and Computer courses or other professional courses pursued along with graduation such as Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Chartered Financial Analyst, Cost and Works Accountancy, Bachelor of Laws or LLB.
- Applicants should have scored 85% marks or more or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average or CGPA in Class 12 Board Examinations.
- The annual income of the family of the candidate combined from all the sources must not be more than Rs 3 lakh.
- Children of those who work at Kotak Mahindra Group Kotak Education Foundation or the Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amount that will be awarded to the selected candidate completely depends on the educational expenditure of the beneficiary. However, the amount that can be provided to the recipient will not be more than Rs. 1 Lakh for one session. The candidate can use the scholarship amount for the following purposes:
- Institutional Academic Expenses, which include Tuition Fees.
- Hostel fees are only applicable to such accommodation, which is the premises of the Institute.
- Internet facility to pursue education.
- A laptop or any other device is required for educational purposes only.
- Books prescribed in the course of study.
- Stationery Expenditures.
Features of Kotak Kanya Scholarship
The Kotak Kanya Scholarship has the following features:
- The scholarship will benefit all eligible candidates by covering their educational expenses.
- It will empower women to pursue professional courses to secure better job opportunities.
- The money will be directly transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary.
- The award will depend on the educational expense of the recipient.
- The assistance will be provided for the entire duration of the course.
- Money will be funded for even such courses which are pursued along with undergraduate studies but will award a professional degree to the candidate.
- The number of dropout cases due to the inability to afford education will reduce in India.
- This scholarship will also ensure that meritorious female candidates will be prioritised and awarded.
Documents to be Uploaded
The candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship must have the following documents prepared before registering themselves for the scholarship:
- Passport-sized photograph of the candidate in required dimensions and document size and type
- Aadhaar card of the candidate
- Marksheet of the previous qualifying examination that is Class 12 or equivalent for merit and as educational proof.
- The fee receipt or a bonafide letter or an Identity Document card of the Institute in which the candidate is pursuing the present academic year.
- Income proof of parents or the guardians of the applicant
- Bank details and related documents for scholarship amount reception
Application Procedure for Kotak Kanya Scholarship
Candidates who are interested in applying for the scholarship must apply online. The foundation does not have the provision of an offline application mode. The official scholarship information is available on the portal of Kotak Education Foundation. However, the applicants must apply through the Educational Website Buddy4Study scholarship portal. The candidates can reach the application portal by following these simple steps:
- Open the official portal of Kotak Education Portal at kotakeducation.org.
- Scroll down the homepage to reach the bottom menu.
- Under the heading of “Scholarships“, click on “Kotak Kanya Scholarship“.
- The information page of the Kotak Kanya Scholarship will open up. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Apply Here” to open the Buddy4Study application portal.
- The Buddy4Study page will open through the link in the new tab with instructions about the Kotak Kanya Scholarship.
- Click on “Apply Here“.
- Log into the Buddy4Study portal or register by entering the required details of the student in the registration.
- Fill out the online application form for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship.
- Upload the aforementioned documents in the required format.
- Carefully review the application before pressing “Submit” since the authorities might consider the wrong application.
Candidates who have any queries about the scholarship might contact the authorities at the following contacts:
|Official Kotak Education Foundation Portal||Kotak Education Foundation Portal Link|
|Apply Here||Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023 Application|
|Get the Latest Updates Here||NVSHQ Homepage|