Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023: The Kotak Education Foundation is all ready to sponsor Girl Education for certain candidates in India. The scholarship is a combined initiative of the Comprehensive School Reform Project on Education and Livelihood of Kotak Mahindra Group companies. The scholarship aims at supporting girls to pursue further education after class XII or equivalent. The selected candidates will belong to the unprivileged sections of society. To know about the application procedure, eligibility criteria, and more details pertaining to the scholarship, read through the article given below.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023
The Kotak Mahindra Group has a private foundation that is constantly striving to contribute to the welfare of society. They are all set to award scholarships to meritorious but underprivileged girls in India who are unable to take up graduation courses due to financial instability. Furthermore, the selected candidate will receive benefits from the scholarship for the entire duration of the course. The company surely aims to empower women candidates by sponsoring their education and pave way for a better future for young girls. Interested applicants must check all the details pertaining to the scholarship and apply before the deadline.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Kotak Kanya Scholarship|
|Authority||Kotak Mahindra Companies|
|Project Reference||CSR Project on Education|
|Aim||To support the higher education of underprivileged girls|
|Beneficiaries||Meritorious Girls belonging to Economically Weaker parts of Society|
|Maximum Scholarship Amount||Rs. 1 Lakh|
|Scholarship Type||Merit cum Means|
|Duration||The complete duration of the graduate course|
|Last date of application||15th Jan 2023|
Aim of Kotak Kanya Scholarship
The Kotak Education Foundation desires to contribute to the betterment of society by initiating to empower girl candidates. The scholarship launched by the organisation will provide financial assistance to girls who deserve to study on the basis of their educational performance. The girls who will be selected for this scholarship must belong to the Economically Weaker Section of Indian Society. These girls will be able to study after 12th and prepare for a better future.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship Eligibility
The candidates who wish to apply for this scholarship must carefully check the eligibility criteria before applying. Those who will qualify the following criteria will be considered by the awarding authorities:
- The applicant must be an Indian girl.
- Students who are admitted to the first year in a graduation course of institutes as approved by NAAC or NBA or UGC for professional specialization like Engineering, Designing, Architecture, Specialised Commerce, Medicine, Finance and Computer courses or other professional courses pursued along with graduation such as Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Chartered Financial Analyst, Cost and Works Accountancy, Bachelor of Laws or LLB.
- Applicants should have scored 75% marks or more or even equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average or CGPA in Class 12 Board Examinations.
- The annual income of the family of the candidate combined from all the sources must not be more than Rs 3 lakh.
- Children of those who work at Kotak Mahindra Group or Kotak Education Foundation or the Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amount that will be awarded to the selected candidate completely depends on the educational expenditure of the beneficiary. However, the amount that can be provided to the recipient will not be more than Rs. 1 Lakh for one session. The scholarship amount can be used by the candidate for the following purposes:
- Institutional Academic Expenses which include Tuition Fees.
- Hostel fees but only applicable such accommodation which is the premises of the Institute.
- Internet facility to pursue education.
- A laptop or any other device is required for educational purposes only.
- Books prescribed in the course of study.
- Stationery Expenditures.
Features of Kotak Kanya Scholarship
The Kotak Kanya Scholarship has the following features:
- The scholarship will benefit all the candidates who are eligible by covering their educational expenses.
- It will empower women to pursue professional courses so that they can secure better chances of getting a job.
- The money will be directly transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary.
- The award will depend on the educational expense of the recipient.
- The assistance will be provided for the entire duration of the course.
- Money will be funded for even such courses which are pursued along with Under Graduate studies but will award a professional degree to the candidate.
- The number of dropout cases due to the inability to afford education will reduce in India.
- This scholarship will also ensure that girl candidates who are meritorious will be prioritised and awarded.
- Ericsson Empowering Girl Scholarship
- Virchow Scholarship Program
- HDFC Badhte Kadam Scholarship
- Saksham Scholarship
- Ishan Uday Scholarship for NER
- PM Scholarship Scheme
- AICTE Pragati Scholarship
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child
- AICTE Swanath Scholarship Scheme
Documents to be Uploaded
The candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship must have the following documents prepared before registering themselves for the scholarship:
- Passport-sized photograph of the candidate in required dimensions and document size and type
- Aadhaar card of the candidate
- Marksheet of the previous qualifying examination that is Class 12 or equivalent for merit and as educational proof.
- The fee receipt or a bonafide letter or an Identity Document card of the Institute in which the candidate is pursuing the present academic year.
- Income proof of parents or the guardians of the applicant
- Bank details and related documents for scholarship amount reception
Application Procedure for Kotak Kanya Scholarship
Candidates who are interested in applying for the scholarship must apply online. The foundation does not have the provision of an offline application mode. The official scholarship information is available on the portal of Kotak Education Foundation. However, the applicants need to apply through the scholarship portal of the Educational Website Buddy4Study. The candidates can reach the application portal by following these simple steps:
- Open the official portal of Kotak Education Portal at kotakeducation.org.
- Scroll down the homepage to reach the bottom menu.
- Under the heading of “Scholarships“, click on “Kotak Kanya Scholarship“.
- The information page of the Kotak Kanya Scholarship will open up. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Apply Here” to open the Buddy4Study application portal.
- The Buddy4Study page will open through the link in the new tab with instructions about the Kotak Kanya Scholarship.
- Click on “Apply Here“.
- Log into the Buddy4Study portal or register by entering the required details of the student in the registration.
- Fill out the online application form for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship.
- Upload the aforementioned documents in the required format.
- Carefully review the application before pressing “Submit” since the authorities might consider the wrong application.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship key links
Candidates who have any queries pertaining to the scholarship might contact the authorities at the following contacts:
|Official Kotak Education Foundation Portal||Kotak Education Foundation Portal Link|
|Official Buddy4Study Kotak Kanya Scholarship Application Portal||Kotak Kanya Scholarship Application Link Active Now|