JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship: Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata Endowment Awards is a Loan Scholarship program that aims to assist the dreams of Indian students who aspire to study overseas. The candidates will be able to apply for educational loans and additional gift awards through the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship Program. Benefits up to Rs. 10 Lakhs can be availed through this program. Candidates interested in JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship must register online before the last date in order to apply for the candidature.
The program has helped more than 5400 candidates and is continuously striving to assist more students. For details such as the Eligibility, Important Dates, Scholarship Amount, and more, go through the subsequent article.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2023
Candidates who wish to pursue higher studies from Institutions located abroad often face unease due to finances. This might result in the unfulfillment of the dreams of such students. To ensure that no such situation is created, the JN Tata Endowment Awards launched their Loan Scholarship Scheme. As per this program, the candidates can receive a loan of up to Rs. 10 Lakhs in order to cover their educational expenses.
Additionally, the candidates will also be awarded an inclusive amount so as to manage the travel expenses. The gift award will although is dependent upon the academic performance of the candidates. The candidates can avail of benefits through this program by applying online.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship: Highlights
|Name of the Program||JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship|
|Authority||Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians|
|Aim||To financially assist the Higher Education of Indians in Overseas Institutions|
|Beneficiaries||Graduate Meritorious Indian Students who have applied for Post Graduate or PhD Programs in abroad Universities|
|Courses||Full-Time Regular and Offline Post Graduate Degree Courses in any field|
|Loan Amount||Minimum Rs. 1 Lakhs and up to Rs. 10 Lakhs|
|Travel Assistance||Rs. 50,000|
|Gift Award Amount||Minimum Rs. 2 Lakhs and up to Rs. 7.5 Lakhs|
|Last Date to Apply||7th March 2023|
|Selection Factors||Online Test, Marks in Graduation, Score in GMAT or GRE or IELTS or TOEFL, Co-Curricular Activities and Extracurricular Activities, Research, Work Experience and Statement of Purpose or SoP|
|Date of Online Test||9th April 2023|
|Amount Repayment Format||5 full instalments each worth 20% of the Loan Amount|
|Debt Repayment Duration||Third Year to Maximum Seventh Year from the issuance of the amount|
|Debt Issuance Basis||Contractual|
Aim of the Loan Scholarship
The JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2023 is an initiative of the JN Tata Endowment Awards Organisation. The prime aim is to support the educational dreams of students who wish to pursue higher studies in Foreign Countries. The expenditure in such cases is very overstressing and imposes a threat on the Candidate’s pursuit. To make sure that this situation is avoided, the candidates can apply for Loans and get Gift Awards.
The Gift grants will be an inclusive courtesy of the associates of the trust. This way, the association has supported numerous students by awarding them on the basis of their academic performances and merit in the selection procedure.
Loan Scholarship Amount
The candidates who will get selected for receiving the benefits through this scholarship loan program can avail of benefits up to Rs. 10 Lakhs. The minimum amount that the candidates can receive is Rs. 1 Lakhs. The trust has however declared that the candidates who qualify for the program will not be awarded the maximum amount. The amount will depend entirely upon the score and the necessity of the candidates.
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
The selected students will get an additional amount of up to Rs. 50,000 as partial travel assistance and a gift award from the allies of the organisation. The trustees can grant an amount ranging from Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 7.5 Lakhs depending entirely upon the performance of the student in the degree course for which the Scholarship Loan has been issued. The students will have to send in their performance reports and necessary documents during their academic period so as to avail the benefit of gift awards.
Loan Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are interested in receiving the benefits under the Scholarship Loan program of JN Tata Endowment Awards must carefully observe the eligibility conditions before applying for the scholarship. The candidates must apply online in order to be able to secure their candidature for the scholarship procedure. The following criteria need to be observed:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India only.
- The candidates who wish to study should not be more than 45 years of age. (30th June 2023)
- The student should have passed an Undergraduate degree course or must be in the last academic year of the program.
- The candidate must be studying in a foreign university at Post Graduate or PhD level or have applied to one.
- Candidates in the first year of their abroad studies and are about to commence the Fall to Spring session can also apply.
- The candidate should have scored at least 60% in the previous qualifying examination of Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses from a recognised Indian University.
- The admission into the overseas institution course must be recognised as a Graduate Program according to Foreign Terms. As per Indian terminology, the program must be a post-graduate level degree course.
- Candidates who have reapplied because they were rejected in the previous year or were not able to avail of the scholarship amount due to some reason can apply too.
- The candidates who have repaid the previous debt amount of this Scholarship Loan can reapply as well.
- The scholarship loan provision is only for those who are planning to pursue full-time regular Degree program. Training, Workshops, Diplomas, Certifications, Distance Learnings, Conferences, Presentations or Online studies can not apply.
- The candidates must have a valid and better score on GRE or GMAT or TOEFL or IELTS. In case candidates have a considerably lower score in any of these examinations, they shall try improving by reattempting the tests.
- Reliance Foundation Scholarships
- Ericsson Empowering Girl Scholarship
- Virchow Scholarship Program
- HDFC Badhte Kadam Scholarship
- Saksham Scholarship
- Ishan Uday Scholarship for NER
- PM Scholarship Scheme
- AICTE Pragati Scholarship
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship Application Procedure
The only medium to apply for the scholarship loan is online. No offline applications will be considered. Only eligible and complete applications filed through the JN Tata Endowment portal will be accepted. To apply for the Loan Scholarship Program, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official portal of the JN Tata EndowmentThe JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians at www.jntataendowment.org.
- On the home page, check out the top corner.
- Click on “Login/Register for Alumni” to open the scholarship application form.
- Enter personal details such as Name and Email ID.
- Select the Scholarship options and enter additional details pertaining to the requirement of the scholarship award amount under the section of “J.N. Tata Particulars“.
- In the “Current Profile” section, enter the Work or Academic details.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions by ticking the agreement box.
- Prove the human access to candidature by performing the Captcha Verification.
- Finally, press “Submit“.
- In the top corner of the page, select “Login” to sign into the account recently created.
- In the user dashboard, check the application status and all the details and subsequently upload all the important documents, if needed.
Documents required during form submission
The only documents a candidate needs to possess in order to apply for the scholarship are the Statement of Purpose and an Official Letter of Recommendation. These records are only required at the time of the interview for Candidate Verification. The students must also submit scanned copies of the notified papers at the same time.
Selection Procedure for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2023
The candidates will be selected initially on the basis of their applications. The final candidates will only be shortlisted after the Online Test that will follow the same guidelines as TSA or Thinking Skills Assessment. The exam is considered highly competitive and is not particularly subject-driven but involves arithmetic problems not based on complicated calculations. Further details of the test will be informed to the candidates through individual emails.
The results will be declared within a week of the conduction of the test. Post the Online Test, the candidates will have to go through the Virtual Interview via Skype or Microsoft Teams, or Zoom. The selection also depends highly upon the academic scores in the previous degree examination and the result of the Foreign Educational Exams such as GRE, GMAT, IELTS, and TOEFL. Additionally, the factors such as Co-Curricular and Extracurricular Activities, Work Experience, Statement of Purpose or SoP, and general Research also affect the selection status.
Additional Formalities and Repayment of the Amount
The candidates will have to enter into a contract with the Organisation and the Allied Trustees regarding the repayment of the Scholarship Loan Amount. After completing the Visa formalities and other legalities, they will have to visit the JN Tata Endowment Office along with the Guarantor. The scholarship amount will have to be paid back in five equal instalments. Each instalment must be 20% of the total loan amount. Five years will be given to the candidates in order to repay the debt. The time will commence at the beginning of the Third year and will end in the Seventh year. However, the candidates can choose to start repaying the amount before the third year.
Important Links and Contacts
|Official Portal||Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians Portal Link|
|Application Link||Available Now|
|Telephone Helpdesk (9:30 AM – 5 PM, Monday to Friday, and closed on Bank and Public Holidays)||+91 22 6665 7681, |
+91 22 6665 7198,
+91 22 6665 7774