Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata Endowment Awards is a Loan Scholarship program that aims to assist the dreams of Indian students who aspire to study overseas. The candidates can apply for educational loans and additional gift awards through the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship Program.
Benefits up to Rs. 10 Lakhs can be availed through this program. Candidates interested in JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship must register online before the last date to apply for the candidature.
The program has helped more than 5400 candidates and strives to assist more students. For details such as the Eligibility, Important Dates, Scholarship Amount, and more, go through the subsequent article.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2024-25
Candidates who wish to pursue higher studies from Institutions abroad often face unease due to finances. This might result in the unfulfillment of the dreams of such students. To ensure that no such situation is created, the JN Tata Endowment Awards launched their Loan Scholarship Scheme. As per this program, the candidates can receive a loan of up to Rs. 10 Lakhs to cover their educational expenses.
The candidates will also be awarded an inclusive amount to manage the travel expenses. The gift award will, however, depend on the candidate’s academic performance. The candidates can avail of benefits through this program by applying online.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship: Highlights
|Name of the Program
|JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship
|Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians
|To financially assist the Higher Education of Indians in Overseas Institutions.
|Graduate Meritorious Indian Students who have applied for Post Graduate or Ph.D. Programs in Universities
|Full-Time Regular and Offline Post Graduate Degree Courses in any field
|Minimum Rs. 1 Lakhs and up to Rs. 10 Lakhs
|Gift Award Amount
|Minimum Rs. 2 Lakhs and up to Rs. 7.5 Lakhs
|Application Start Date
|Early 2024 (Tentative)
|Online Tests, Marks in Graduation, Scores in GMAT or GRE or IELTS or TOEFL, Co-Curricular Activities and Extracurricular Activities, Research, Work Experience and Statement of Purpose or SoP
|Date of Online Test
|April 2024 (Tentative)
|Amount Repayment Format
|Five full instalments, each worth 20% of the Loan Amount
|Debt Repayment Duration
|Third Year to Maximum Seventh Year from the issuance of the amount
|Debt Issuance Basis
Aim of the Loan Scholarship
The JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2024 is an initiative of the JN Tata Endowment Awards Organisation. The prime aim is to support the educational dreams of students pursuing higher studies in Foreign Countries. The expenditure in such cases is very overstressing and threatens the Candidate’s pursuit. To avoid this situation, the candidates can apply for Loans and get Gift Awards.
The Gift grants will be an inclusive courtesy of the trust associates. This way, the association has supported numerous students by awarding them based on their academic performances and merit in the selection procedure.
Loan Scholarship Amount
The candidates selected for benefits through this scholarship loan program can avail of benefits up to Rs. 10 Lakhs. The minimum amount that the candidates can receive is Rs. 1 Lakhs. The trust has, however, declared that the candidates who qualify for the program will not be awarded the maximum amount. The amount will depend entirely upon the score and the necessity of the candidates.
The selected students will get up to Rs. 50,000 as partial travel assistance and a gift award from the organisation’s allies. The trustees can grant an amount ranging from Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 7.5 Lakhs depending entirely upon the student’s performance in the degree course for which the Scholarship Loan has been issued. The students will have to send in their performance reports and necessary documents during their academic period to avail themselves of the benefit of gift awards.
Loan Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested in receiving the benefits under the JN Tata Endowment Awards Scholarship Loan program must carefully observe the eligibility conditions before applying for the scholarship. The candidates must apply online to secure their candidature for the scholarship procedure. The following criteria need to be observed:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of India only.
- The candidates who wish to study should not be more than 45 years of age. (30th June 2024)
- The student should have passed an Undergraduate degree course or must be in the last academic year of the program.
- The candidate must be studying in a foreign university at the PG or PhD level or have applied to one.
- Candidates in the first year of their abroad studies and are about to commence the Fall to Spring session can also apply.
- The candidate should have scored at least 60% in the previous qualifying examination of Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses from a recognised Indian University.
- The admission into the overseas institution course must be recognised as a Graduate Program according to Foreign Terms. As per Indian terminology, the program must be a post-graduate degree course.
- Candidates who have reapplied because they were rejected in the previous year or could not avail of the scholarship amount for some reason can apply, too.
- The candidates who have repaid the previous debt amount of this Scholarship Loan can also reapply.
- The scholarship loan provision is only for those planning to pursue a full-time regular Degree program. Training, Workshops, Diplomas, Certifications, Distance Learnings, Conferences, Presentations or Online studies can not apply.
- The candidates must have a valid and better GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, or IELTS score. If candidates have a considerably lower score in any of these examinations, they shall try to improve by reattempting the tests.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship Application Procedure
The only medium to apply for the scholarship loan is online. No offline applications will be considered. Only eligible and complete applications filed through the JN Tata Endowment portal will be accepted. To apply for the Loan Scholarship Program, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official portal of the JN Tata EndowmentThe JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians at www.jntataendowment.org.
- On the home page, check out the top corner.
- Click “Login/Register for Alumni” to open the scholarship application form.
- Enter personal details such as Name and Email ID.
- Select the Scholarship options and enter additional details about the requirement of the scholarship award amount under the section “J.N. Tata Particulars“.
- In the “Current Profile” section, enter the Work or Academic details.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions by ticking the agreement box.
- Prove the human access to candidature by performing the Captcha Verification.
- Finally, press “Submit“.
- In the top corner of the page, select “Login” to sign into the account recently created.
- In the user dashboard, check the application status and all the details and subsequently upload all the important documents, if needed.
Documents required during form submission
The only documents a candidate needs to possess to apply for the scholarship are a Statement of Purpose and an Official Letter of Recommendation. These records are only required during the interview for Candidate Verification. The students must also submit scanned copies of the notified papers simultaneously.
Selection Procedure for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2024-25
The candidates will be selected initially based on their applications. The final candidates will only be shortlisted after the Online Test that will follow the same guidelines as TSA or Thinking Skills Assessment. The exam is considered highly competitive and not subject-driven but involves arithmetic problems not based on complicated calculations. Further test details will be informed to the candidates through individual emails.
The results will be declared within a week of the conduction of the test. Post the Online Test, the candidates must complete the Virtual Interview via Skype, Microsoft Teams, or Zoom.
The selection also depends highly upon the academic scores in the previous degree examination and the result of the Foreign Educational Exams such as GRE, GMAT, IELTS, and TOEFL. Factors such as Co-Curricular and Extracurricular Activities, Work Experience, Statement of Purpose or SoP, and general Research also affect the selection status.
Additional Formalities and Repayment of the Amount
The candidates must contract with the Organisation and the Allied Trustees regarding the repayment of the Scholarship Loan Amount. After completing the Visa formalities and other legalities, they must visit the JN Tata Endowment Office and the Guarantor.
The scholarship amount will have to be paid back in five equal instalments. Each instalment must be 20% of the total loan amount. Five years will be given to the candidates to repay the debt. The time will commence at the beginning of the Third year and end in the Seventh year. However, the candidates can choose to start repaying the amount before the third year.
Important Links and Contacts
|Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians Portal Link
|For More Updates, Refer To
|Telephone Helpdesk (9:30 AM – 5 PM, Monday to Friday, and closed on Bank and Public Holidays)
|+91 22 6665 7681,
+91 22 6665 7198,
+91 22 6665 7774