JK Post Matric Scholarship 2022: Scholarships pave way for students by not only providing financial assistance but also confidence in their dreams of the students. The Government of India is working in the direction of promoting literacy in the reserved communities. This will empower them educationally and assure better hopes for the future. The Central Government has come up with scholarships for students belonging to the category of Scheduled Tribes. Get more information pertaining to this scholarship scheme in the subsequent article.
JK Post Matric Scholarship 2022
The Central Government is exercising various schemes so as to help the citizens. They are finding ways to contribute to the welfare of the citizens. The prime focus, in the area of education, is to ensure that the literacy rate of the country advances. Consequently, they came up with scholarship schemes for the students in order to reduce the dropout cases. With the same objective, the government initiated a scholarship scheme for students belonging to the Scheduled Tribes in Jammu and Kashmir. This scheme is a different project from the state government’s scholarship schemes for Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes, and Pre Physically Handicapped categories. This scheme is specifically for the Scheduled Tribes and is completely supported by the Central Government.
JK Post Matric Scholarship 2022: Highlights
|Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Ministry||Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Scheme category||State Schemes by Central Government|
|Aim||To financially assist students pursuing post-matriculation studies by offering scholarships|
|Beneficiaries||Students belonging to Scheduled Tribes|
|Last Date to Register||15 October 2022|
|Defective Verification||5 November 2022|
|Institute Verification||5 November 2022|
JK Post Matric Scholarship: Objective
This scheme is categorized under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. It is a scholarship scheme for students who wish to pursue post-matric education. The cases of dropouts increase drastically for students after the secondary or matriculation classes. This data is observed especially in the case of the students of reserved categories. The social backwardness does contribute to their obstacles but the higher percentage is of the financial issues.
Thus, for the students of Scheduled Tribes with certain financial difficulties in Jammu and Kashmir, the Government of India has released the Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme. This will enable the students in post-matriculation or post-secondary classes to continue with their studies in higher classes by providing them with financial ease.
JK Post Matric Scholarship 2022: Features
The following are features of the scheme:
- This scholarship will be awarded by the Government of State or Union Territory Administration as per the guidelines laid by the Central Government.
- The scheme is implemented by the State/UT government with 100% assistance from the Central Government.
- Students belonging to the category of Scheduled Tribes who suffer from financial awkwardness will receive benefits under this scheme.
- The students will receive monthly stipends under this scheme.
- It has been ensured that all sorts of students are covered under this program.
- The assistance is not only given to regular students but also to the hostellers.
- In the case of Hostellers, the students who are not living in the institutional premises but are accommodated in private hostels can still be eligible for stipends under the “Hostellers” category if the institution recognises the student’s hostel as valid.
- The beneficiaries also include students with disabilities.
- The funds will be transferred directly into the bank accounts following the Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) through a safe transfer window.
- The Head of the Institution will constantly track the progress of the student and hence the scholarship will be further awarded on the basis of the satisfactory performance of the student. If the student fails, the scholarship will not be cancelled but if the same is repeated subsequently, the student will receive no benefits.
- The students who will discontinue their education in the middle of the session are bound to refund the amount.
- The scholarship may be discontinued for the students who will go through a change of subjects in mid-session.
- Students who acquired scholarships by false means do not receive benefits and will have to return the complete scholarship account.
- The stipend will be awarded to the students in case of Renewals from the next month of expiration of the last schedule of scholarship depending upon the continuation of the course.
- The scholarship stipend will not be provided to students involved in internships during professional courses.
JK Post Matric Scholarship Benefits
The following assistance will be awarded to the eligible Scheduled Tribes students under the Post-Matric Scholarship:
|Groups||Courses||Allowance to Hostellers||Allowance to Day Scholars|
|Group I||(1)Degree, Post Graduate and PhD level education in the field of Medicine, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Planning, Management, Fashion, Design, Computers, Finance and Business.|
(2) CPL or Commercial Pilot License.
(3) Post Graduate Diploma Courses in fields of Management or Medicine.
(4) C.A. or C.S. or I.C.W.A. or I.C.F.A. or similar courses.
(5) M.Phil is also included in this classification.
(6) Post Doctoral Programmes like D.Sc or D.Litt.
|Rs. 1200||Rs. 550|
|Group II||(1) Graduate or Post Graduate courses or Diploma Certificates in fields like Law, Pharmacy, Para-Medical Branches, Fashion Technology, Hotel Management, Event Planning, Tourism, Travel, Hospitality, Mass Communication, Journalism, Interior Design, Nutrition, Dietetics, Commercial Art, and Financial Services. |
(2) Post Graduation Courses such as M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M. Ed., M.Pharma., etc.
|Rs. 820||Rs. 530|
|Group III||Graduation Courses like B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.Pharma, etc.||Rs. 570||Rs. 300|
|Group IV||Post Matriculation level non-degree courses, diplomas, ITIs, Polytechnic diplomas, etc.||Rs. 380||Rs. 230|
ST Students with Disabilities
The students with disabilities as recognised by the governments will receive the following additional benefits under this scholarship scheme:
The students who are blind will get a supplementary allowance for consulting readers on behalf of themselves:
- Group I and II: Rs. 240
- Group III: Rs. 200
- Group IV: Rs. 160
The students with disabilities will get a transport allowance along with the applicable scholarships. A monthly allowance of Rs. 160 will be provided to the students who qualify under the guidelines of inabilities as listed by the government.
Severy handicapped students who might need some sort of help from an escort will get Rs. 160 every month to arrange for the required help.
A special pay of Rs. 160 per month is announced under this scheme. The orthopedically handicapped hostellers who might be receiving help from any employee in the hostel have to pay this amount to the helper.
Mental or Intellectual disabilities are also taken into consideration by the government. Students with such disabilities constantly need coaching to cope with their studies. A monthly allowance of Rs. 240 will be given to such students to support them with this expense.
The expenses such as admission or enrollment fees, tuition, sports, arts, library, magazines, unions, medical and similar that a student has to pay to the institution will also be covered by the government. However, refundable deposits such as security will not be covered under this scholarship scheme.
If the head of the Institution states the importance of a tour in course of study of a student, the government will cover the transportation expenses. The maximum allowance provided in such a case will be Rs. 1,600 and the final amount that will be paid will depend on the actual expenditure.
Typing or Printing Charges
On the basis of the recommendation of Institution Head’s recommendations, the Research students are eligible for annual assistance of Rs. 1,600 to cover the expense of the printing or typing of the thesis and research papers.
Students belonging to the Scheduled Tribes category are eligible for Rs. 1,200 annually to pay the additional expenses such as books, examination fees, etc related to their correspondence or distant course.
JK Post Matric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria need to be considered by the students before applying for benefits for these scholarships:
- The students must be citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The student must belong to the Scheduled Tribes category as considered in the state of J&K.
- The income of the family must not be more than Rs. 2 Lakhs per annum.
- The student must be educationally qualified while applying for allowance for the respective group.
- The student should have taken admission into the particular course belonging to the group under which he/she is applying.
- The student must have cleared all the previous examinations.
- The student should not be availing benefits from any other scholarship scheme of the government.
- Hostellers are also eligible which implies that students who are pursuing higher studies from states other than Jammu and Kashmir can apply for allowances as well.
- Siblings who qualify to receive benefits from the scholarship schemes will be eligible.
The candidate applying for the Jammu and Kashmir ST scholarship needs to submit the following documents while submitting the application form:
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of signed application form with complete details
- Attested copy of the certificates of the passed diplomas or degrees
- Caste Certificate that is approved by the ranked Revenue officer who is not posted lower to Tehsildar
- Income certificate of the parents or guardians of the applicant
- A fee receipt of the course signed by the head of the Institution
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Residence proof of the candidate
JK Post Matric Scholarship Application Procedure
An offline procedure is followed when applying for the Post-Matric Scheduled Tribe Scholarship. The interested applicants will have to contact the head of the institution they are applying to or an assigned official in order to receive the application form. They need to fill out the application form and attest to the aforementioned documents. The students will then submit it to the authorities in the applicable institution. The institution will further submit the application on the portal. Once the documents are properly verified, the student will be notified and receive the funds directly into the mentioned bank account.
The students can contact the head of the institution or the appointed officials to report any issues related to the scholarship. The candidates who are using the portal of scholarships.gov.in and are facing certain technical issues can reach through contacting:
Telephone Number: 0120 – 6619540
Email Support: email@example.com
In case of more queries, the candidates can drop them in the comment box given below and the nvshq.org Team will answer them.