Scholarships pave the way for students by providing financial assistance and confidence in their dreams. The Government of India is working to promote literacy in the reserved communities. This will empower them educationally and ensure better hopes for the future. The Central Government has come up with scholarships for students belonging to the category of Scheduled Tribes. Get more information about this scholarship scheme in the subsequent article.
JK Post Matric Scholarship 2023
The Central Government is exercising various schemes to help the citizens. They are finding ways to contribute to the welfare of the citizens. The prime focus in education is ensuring the country’s literacy rate advances. Consequently, they devised scholarship schemes for the students to reduce dropout cases.
With the same objective, the government initiated a scholarship scheme for students from the Scheduled Tribes in Jammu and Kashmir. This differs from the state government’s scholarship schemes for Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes, and Pre Physically Handicapped categories. This scheme is specifically for the Scheduled Tribes and is completely supported by the Central Government.
JK Post Matric Scholarship 2023: Highlights
|Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Ministry||Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Scheme category||State Schemes by Central Government|
|Aim||To financially assist students pursuing post-matriculation studies by offering scholarships|
|Beneficiaries||Students belonging to Scheduled Tribes|
|Tentative Date for the Application Commencement||October 2023|
JK Post Matric Scholarship: Objective
This scheme is categorized under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. It is a scholarship scheme for students who wish to pursue post-matric education. The cases of dropouts increase drastically for students after the secondary or matriculation classes. This data is observed especially in the case of the students of reserved categories. The social backwardness does contribute to their obstacles, but the higher percentage is of financial issues.
Thus, for the students of Scheduled Tribes with certain financial difficulties in Jammu and Kashmir, the Government of India has released the Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme. This will enable the students in post-matriculation or post-secondary classes to continue their studies in higher classes by providing them with financial ease.
JK Post Matric Scholarship 2023: Features
The following are features of the JK Post Matric Scholarship:
- This scholarship will be awarded by the Government of State or Union Territory Administration per the guidelines laid by the Central Government.
- The State/UT government implements the scheme with 100% assistance from the Central Government.
- Students in Scheduled Tribes who suffer from financial awkwardness will benefit under this scheme.
- The students will receive monthly stipends under this scheme.
- It has been ensured that all sorts of students are covered under this program.
- The assistance is not only given to regular students but also to the hostellers.
- In the case of Hostellers, the students who are not living in the institutional premises but are accommodated in private hostels can still be eligible for stipends under the “Hostellers” category if the institution recognises the student’s hostel as valid.
- The beneficiaries also include students with disabilities.
- The funds will be transferred directly into the bank accounts following the Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) through a safe transfer window.
- The Head of the Institution will constantly track the student’s progress, and hence, the scholarship will be further awarded based on the student’s satisfactory performance. If the student fails, the scholarship will not be cancelled, but if the same is repeated subsequently, the student will receive no benefits.
- The students who discontinue their education in the middle of the session are bound to refund the amount.
- The scholarship may be discontinued for students who will go through a change of subjects in mid-session.
- Students who acquire scholarships by false means do not receive benefits and must return the complete scholarship account.
- The stipend will be awarded to the students in case of Renewals from the next month of expiration of the last scholarship schedule, which depends upon the continuation of the course.
- The scholarship stipend will not be provided to students involved in internships during professional courses.
JK Post Matric Scholarship Benefits
The following assistance will be awarded to the eligible Scheduled Tribes students under the Post-Matric Scholarship:
|Groups||Courses||Allowance to Hostellers||Allowance to Day Scholars|
|Group I||(1)Degree, Post Graduate and Ph.D. level education in the fields of Medicine, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Planning, Management, Fashion, Design, Computers, Finance and Business.|
(2) CPL or Commercial Pilot License.
(3) Post Graduate Diploma Courses in the fields of Management or Medicine.
(4) C.A. or C.S. or I.C.W.A. or I.C.F.A. or similar courses.
(5) M.Phil is also included in this classification.
(6) Post Doctoral Programmes like D.Sc or D.Litt.
|Rs. 1200||Rs. 550|
|Group II||(1) Graduate or Post Graduate courses or Diploma Certificates in fields like Law, Pharmacy, Para-Medical Branches, Fashion Technology, Hotel Management, Event Planning, Tourism, Travel, Hospitality, Mass Communication, Journalism, Interior Design, Nutrition, Dietetics, Commercial Art, and Financial Services. |
(2) Post Graduation Courses such as M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M. Ed., M.Pharma., etc.
|Rs. 820||Rs. 530|
|Group III||Graduation Courses like B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.Pharma, etc.||Rs. 570||Rs. 300|
|Group IV||Post Matriculation level non-degree courses, diplomas, ITIs, Polytechnic diplomas, etc.||Rs. 380||Rs. 230|
ST Students with Disabilities
The students with disabilities, as recognised by the governments, will receive the following additional benefits under this scholarship scheme:
The students who are blind will get a supplementary allowance for consulting readers on behalf of themselves:
- Group I and II: Rs. 240
- Group III: Rs. 200
- Group IV: Rs. 160
The students with disabilities will get a transport allowance and applicable scholarships. A monthly allowance of Rs. 160 will be provided to the students who qualify under the guidelines of inabilities listed by the government.
Severy handicapped students who might need some help from an escort will get Rs. 160 every month to arrange for the required help.
A special pay of Rs. 160 per month is announced under this scheme. The orthopedically handicapped hostellers who might be receiving help from any employee in the hostel have to pay this amount to the helper.
Mental or Intellectual disabilities are also taken into consideration by the government. Students with such disabilities constantly need coaching to cope with their studies. A monthly allowance of Rs. 240 will be given to such students to support them with this expense.
The government will also cover expenses such as admission or enrollment fees, tuition, sports, arts, library, magazines, unions, medical and similar expenses that a student has to pay to the institution. However, this scholarship scheme will not cover refundable deposits such as security.
If the head of the Institution states the importance of a tour in the course of study of a student, the government will cover the transportation expenses. The maximum allowance provided in such a case will be Rs. 1,600, and the final amount that will be paid will depend on the actual expenditure.
Typing or Printing Charges
Based on the Institution Head’s recommendation, the Research students are eligible for annual assistance of Rs. 1,600 to cover the expense of the printing or typing of the thesis and research papers.
Students in the Scheduled Tribes category are eligible for Rs. 1,200 annually to pay additional expenses related to their correspondence or distant courses, such as books, examination fees, etc.
JK Post Matric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria need to be considered by the students before applying for benefits for these scholarships:
- The students must be citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The student must belong to the Scheduled Tribes category as considered in the state of J&K.
- The family’s income must not exceed Rs. 2 Lakhs per annum.
- The student must be educationally qualified while applying for allowance for the respective group.
- The student should have taken admission into the particular course belonging to the group he/she is applying to.
- The student must have cleared all the previous examinations.
- The student should not benefit from any other government scholarship scheme.
- Hostellers are also eligible, implying that students pursuing higher studies from states other than Jammu and Kashmir can apply for allowances.
- Siblings who qualify to receive benefits from the scholarship schemes will be eligible.
The candidate applying for the Jammu and Kashmir ST scholarship needs to submit the following documents while submitting the application form:
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of signed application form with complete details
- Attested copies of the certificates of the passed diplomas or degrees
- A caste Certificate that is approved by the ranked Revenue officer who is not posted lower to the tehsildar
- The income certificate of the parents or guardians of the applicant
- A fee receipt of the course signed by the head of the Institution
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Residence proof of the candidate
JK Post Matric Scholarship Application Procedure
An offline procedure is followed when applying for the Post-Matric Scheduled Tribe Scholarship. Interested applicants must contact the head of the institution they are applying to or an assigned official to receive the application form. They must fill out the application form and attest to the aforementioned documents. The students will then submit it to the authorities in the applicable institution. The institution will further apply on the portal. Once the documents are properly verified, the student will be notified and receive the funds directly into the mentioned bank account.
The students can contact the head of the institution or the appointed officials to report any issues related to the scholarship. The candidates who are using the portal of scholarships.gov.in and are facing certain technical issues can reach through contacting:
Telephone Number: 0120 – 6619540
Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org