Dr. Reddy’s foundation offers Sashakt Scholarships to girls from low socioeconomic backgrounds. The scholarship aims to support young women through their undergraduate studies in the scientific field. It offers financial support as well as mentorship throughout their education at the undergraduate level. Young girls aiming to study in certain institutes in cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai can apply for this program.
The application procedure for the scholarship is simple and can be done in an online mode through the official foundation portal. Candidates interested in applying for the Sashakt Scholarship can easily do so by filling out the form. The authorities will select eligible candidates to provide them with the awards. Check all the details, such as Eligibility, Important Dates, Awards, and more, in the article below.
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2023
The registrations for the Sashakt Scholarship began on 1 May 2023. The candidates who were eligible and interested in receiving benefits through this program can now apply for it to the official portal on or before 30 November 2023. Dr. Reddy’s Foundation launched the scholarship to provide financial guidance to young girls willing to study sciences at the undergraduate level. Such female candidates who have completed their 12th class can apply for the scholarship if they belong to an underprivileged social or economic background.
The applicants will receive the scholarship amount after confirming admissions to any colleges applicable under the scholarship scheme. Girls from rural backgrounds or with unbalanced financial support will get benefits through the scholarship. It shall empower them to pursue their dream of studying natural science courses.
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship|
|Awarded By||Dr. Reddy’s Foundation DRF|
|Awarded To||Girls belonging to low Socio-Economic Backgrounds|
|Minimum Education Required||Class XIIth|
|For Educational Level||Undergraduate|
|Number of Colleges||12|
|Application Deadline||30 November 2023|
Aim of DRF Sashakt Scholarship
The scholarship aims to promote scientific education among women. Young girls from economically weaker backgrounds or socially deprived of major privileges will be supported through the scheme. Dr Reddy’s foundation aims to provide financial help and mentorship to such students. They shall award girls who have confirmed their admissions to top colleges in India and have completed the 12th class. Promoting scientific studies and empowering girls to pursue their dreams is the scholarship’s objective. DRS concentrates on providing monetary assistance and wishes to mentor interested students in scientific research. The best colleges in India for scientific studies are applicable for the scholarship, which further ensures quality education for the students. DRF has listed the following aims for the scholarship:
- Support and encourage meritorious female students to pursue their dreams in science.
- To decrease the attrition rate of female students opting for science in colleges.
- To provide financial stability to economically weaker students.
- To provide the best science education in India by connecting the students to top colleges.
- To help in the increase of women scientists in India.
Award for DRF Scholarship for Young Girls
Under the Sashakt scholarship, the following rewards and benefits have been announced:
- The total scholarship award has been announced as Rs.2,40,000.
- The amount can cover the tuition fees of the colleges, expenses for education, and accommodation costs for the girls.
- The scholarship will cover the entire education period for an undergraduate course, three years. This implies that the students will be receiving Rs.80,000 per year to cover their expenses.
- Only limited scholarships are available for the students, and the meritorious candidates will be preferred.
- Preference will be provided to girls belonging to rural backgrounds and having lower economic strength.
- Major women scientists will be provided as mentors to the scholars so that they receive better support in terms of education.
- 12 best colleges are only applicable under the scholarship. This will further promulgate the students to be admitted to only the best institutions for their higher studies.
Applicable Colleges under the Sashakt Scholarship
Students who have secured admission to any of the following colleges will only be able to receive the award:
- Department of Science of Christ University in Bangalore.
- Mount Carmel College of Bangalore.
- St. Joseph’s College in Bangalore.
- Madras Christian College in Chennai.
- Stella Maris College of Chennai.
- Presidency College in Chennai.
- Loyola College of Chennai.
- Miranda House in Delhi.
- Hindu College in Delhi.
- St. Stephen’s College in Delhi.
- Sri Venkateswara College of Delhi.
- Hansraj College of Delhi.
- ARSDC, Delhi.
- Gargi College of Delhi.
- Saint Francis Degree College for women of Hyderabad.
- Loyola Academy of Hyderabad.
- St. Xavier‘s College in Kolkata.
- Loreto College of Kolkata.
- Mithibai College in Mumbai.
- Sophia College for women of Mumbai.
Eligibility Criteria for Sashakt Scholarship offered to Girls
The students who are willing to apply for the Sashakt Scholarship offered by Dr. Reddy’s foundation need to ensure that the following eligibility criteria are satisfied:
- The applicant needs to be an Indian by nationality.
- Only female candidates are allowed to apply.
- The student must have passed the 12th Class with good grades.
- Meritorious candidates will be preferred.
- The child must have secured admission or opted for the BSC in natural sciences in any of the aforementioned colleges.
- The income of the family of the applicant combined from all sources should be less than Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
- Persons with Disability need to furnish a disability certificate in order to receive the scholarship award.
- Students belonging to rural areas will be preferred.
Documents needed for Sashakt Scholarship Application
The following documents are required in order to apply for the scholarship:
- Class 10th certificate.
- Mark sheet of class 10th.
- Class 12th certificate.
- Mark sheet of class 12th.
- An income certificate.
- Disability certificate for Persons with Disability.
- Proof of admission in colleges such as the receipt, college admission letter, ID card, or more.
- ID proof such as an Aadhaar card or ration card
How to Apply for Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Girls Scholarship?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through Dr. Reddy’s Foundation portal. In order to do so, they must follow the following method:
- Open the official portal of Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship at www.sashaktscholarship.org.
- On the homepage, check the topmost menu.
- Tap on the option of Apply Now.
- The Google form to apply for the scholarship will open up.
- Enter the email of the candidate.
- Enter Basic information, family details, and educational details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Tap on Submit to apply for the scholarship finally.
Important Links for Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship
|Official Portal of Dr. Reddy’s Foundtion Sashakt Scholarship||www.sashaktscholarship.org|
|Direct Application Link||Click Here|
|For Related Updates Follow||NVSHQ Homepage|