Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship: Dr. Reddy’s foundation offers Sashakt Scholarships to girls belonging to low socioeconomic backgrounds. The scholarship aims to support young women through their undergraduate studies in the scientific field. It offers financial support as well as mentorship throughout their education at the undergraduate level. Young girls aiming to study in certain institutes in cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai can apply for this program. The application procedure for the scholarship is simple and can be done in an online mode through the official foundation portal. The candidates who are interested in applying for the Sashakt Scholarship can easily do so by filling out the form. The authorities will select eligible candidates to provide them with the awards. Check all the details such as Eligibility, Important Dates, Award, and much more in the article written below.
- 1 Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2022
- 2 Aim of DRF Sashakt Scholarship
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for Sashakt Scholarship offered to Girls
- 4 How to Apply for Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Girls Scholarship?
- 5 Important Links for Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2022
The registrations for Sashakt Scholarship began on 1 May 2022. The candidates who were eligible and interested in receiving benefits through this program can now apply for it to the official portal before 31 August 2022. Dr. Reddy’s Foundation launched the scholarship in order to provide financial guidance to the young girls willing to study sciences at the undergraduate level. Such female candidate who has completed their class 12th can apply for the scholarship if they belong to an underprivileged social or economic background.
The applicants will receive the scholarship amount after they have confirmed admissions in any of the colleges that are applicable under the scholarship scheme. Girls belonging to rural backgrounds or having unbalanced financial support will get benefited through the scholarship. It shall empower them to pursue their dream of studying natural science courses.
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship|
|Awarded By||Dr. Reddy’s Foundation DRF|
|Awarded To||Girls belonging to low Socio-Economic Backgrounds|
|Minimum Education Required||Class XIIth|
|For Educational Level||Undergraduate|
|Number of Colleges||12|
|Application Deadline||31 August 2022|
Aim of DRF Sashakt Scholarship
The aim of the scholarship is to promote scientific education among women. Young girls who belong to economically weaker backgrounds or are socially deprived of major privileges will get supported through the scheme. Dr. Reddy’s foundation aims to provide financial help as well as mentorship to such students. They shall award girls who have confirmed their admissions to top colleges in India and have successfully completed the class 12th. The promotion of scientific studies and empowering girls to pursue their dreams is the objective of the scholarship. DRS not only concentrates on providing monetary assistance but also wishes to mentor interested students in scientific research. Best colleges in India for scientific studies are applicable for the scholarship which further ensures quality education for the students. The following aims have been listed by DRF for the scholarship:
- Support and encourage meritorious girl students to pursue their dreams in science.
- To decrease the attrition rate of girls students opting for science in colleges.
- To provide financial stability to economically weaker students.
- To provide the best science education in India by connecting the students to top colleges.
- To help in the increase of women scientists in India.
Award for DRF Scholarship for Young Girls
Under the Sashakt scholarship, the following rewards and benefits have been announced:
- The total scholarship award has been announced as Rs.2,40,000.
- The amount can cover the tuition fee of the colleges, expenses pertaining to education, and accommodation costs for the girls.
- The scholarship will cover the entire education period for an undergraduate course, which is, three years. This implies that the students will be receiving Rs.80,000 per year to cover their expenses.
- Only limited scholarships are available for the students and the meritorious candidates will be preferred.
- Preference will be provided to girls belonging to rural backgrounds and having lower economic strength.
- Major women scientists will be provided as mentors to the scholars so that they receive better support in terms of education.
- 12 best colleges are only applicable under the scholarship. This will further promulgate the students to take admitted to only the best institutions for their higher studies.
Applicable Colleges under Sashakt Scholarship
Students who have secured admission to any of the following colleges will only be able to receive the award:
- Department of Science of Christ University in Bangalore.
- Mount Carmel College of Bangalore.
- St. Joseph’s college in Bangalore.
- Madras Christian College in Chennai.
- Stella Maris College of Chennai.
- Presidency College in Chennai.
- Loyola College of Chennai.
- Miranda House in Delhi.
- Hindu College in Delhi.
- St. Stephen’s College in Delhi.
- Sri Venkateswara College of Delhi.
- Hansraj College of Delhi.
- ARSDC, Delhi.
- Gargi college of Delhi.
- Saint Francis degree College for women of Hyderabad.
- Loyola Academy of Hyderabad.
- St. Xavier‘s College in Kolkata.
- Loreto College of Kolkata.
- Mithibai College in Mumbai.
- Sophia College for women of Mumbai.
Eligibility Criteria for Sashakt Scholarship offered to Girls
The students who are willing to apply for the Sashakt Scholarship offered by Dr. Reddy’s foundation need to ensure that the following eligibility criteria are satisfied:
- The applicant needs to be an Indian by nationality.
- Only female candidates are allowed to apply.
- The student must have passed class 12th with good grades.
- Meritorious candidates will be preferred.
- The child must have secured admission or opted for BSC in natural sciences in any of the aforementioned colleges.
- The income of the family of the applicant combined from all sources should be less than Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
- Persons with disability need to furnish a disability certificate in order to receive the scholarship award.
- Students belonging to rural areas will be preferred.
Documents needed for Sashakt Scholarship Application
The following documents are required in order to apply for the scholarship:
- Class 10th certificate.
- Mark sheet of class 10th.
- Class 12th certificate.
- Mark sheet of class 12th.
- An income certificate.
- Disability certificate for persons with disability.
- Proof of admission in colleges such as the receipt, college admission letter, ID card, or more.
- ID proof such as an Aadhaar card or ration card
How to Apply for Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Girls Scholarship?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through Dr. Reddy’s Foundation portal. In order to do so they must follow the subsequent method:
- Open the official portal of Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship at www.sashaktscholarship.org.
- On the homepage, check the topmost menu.
- Tap on the option of Apply Now.
- The Google form to apply for the scholarship will open up.
- Enter the email of the candidate.
- Enter Basic information, family details, and educational details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Tap on Submit to finally apply for the scholarship.
Important Links for Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship
|Official Portal of Dr. Reddy’s Foundtion Sashakt Scholarship||www.sashaktscholarship.org|
|Direct Application Link||Click Here|
|Sashakt Scholarship Mentors List||Click Here|