Chandigarh Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme 2021- Keeping in mind the education system of India, the central government has come up with a scholarship scheme that will be implemented in every state. The government of many states has executed schemes for the betterment of its citizens. Regarding development, it is necessary to increase the literacy rate of country. Each state of India has a large number of minor category people (SC category) who do not get the opportunity to study due to a lack of money.
Current Update: Pre matric scholarship application will remain active for students till 15 December 2021.
For various scholarships, the central government has started a portal called NSP (National Scholarship Portal). With the help of this website, students can easily apply for any scheme. Chandigarh government has also started this scholarship in their state. If you are in search of more info regarding Chandigarh pre-matric scholarship scheme, eligibility criteria, etc then you must read the complete article.
Chandigarh Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme 2021
Government and Education Department of Chandigarh has initiated a pre matric scholarship for scheduled caste students of state. This scheme mainly focuses on the destitute people of Chandigarh, now they will also get a chance to study. Under this scheme government will provide financial assistance to SC applicants.
All expenses of school will be paid by government of Chandigarh. Students who are studying in 9th and 10th classes can avail this studentship by applying from official portal. Now onwards every child who belongs to minority sections will complete their education.
Aim of Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme
The motive of this scheme is to provide economic support to all needy children living across the state. Government of Chandigarh will bear all the charges of education. So, from now children who belong to minority categories will also be able to get schooling, and rate of dropout will decrease in Chandigarh.
Advantages of Pre Matric 2021 Scholarship
- This scheme will be going to give a huge advantage to a minority of people.
- Government of Chandigarh will pay all the expenses of school to those students who are studying in 9th or 10th class.
- Govt will provide financial assistance to all impoverished students residing in the state.
- With the help of this scheme, students can also set their career goals.
- By this scholarship plan, students will get a chance to meet other students with different backgrounds. Minor category scholars will also think that they are a part of this society and will able to exchange their thoughts.
An Abstract of Pre Matric Scholarship 2021
|Name of the Scheme||Chandigarh Pre Matric Scholarship|
|Scholarship Commenced by||Government of Chandigarh|
|Recipients||Scheduled Caste children of Chandigarh studying in 9th or 10th class|
|Objective of Scholarship||To support children financially|
|Application Form Submission Mode||Online|
|Scheme Closing Date||15 December 2021|
|Defective Verification Last Date||24th December 2021|
|Institute Verification Open Till||24th December 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for Chandigarh Pre Matric 2021 Scholarship
All students must know all eligibility criteria before filling the application form. If they fulfill all standards, then only he/she can get benefits of scholarship.
- Applicants who want to apply for this scheme must belong to SC category.
- Annual income of candidate’s family should not exceed 2.50 lakh. Income certificate must be signed by Revenue officer.
- The government will give scholarships to those students who are studying in class 9th or 10th. The scholarship will be available for 1 year only. If the student repeats same class, then he/she will not be able to avail the scholarship in the sub-year.
Also Read – Ts ePass Scholarship
Amount of Scholarship Distribution
|Item Description||For Day Scholar||For Hosteler|
|Scholarship (for 10 Months)||225 Rupees Per Month||525 Rupees Per Month|
|Books & Ad hoc Grant||750 Rupees Per Annum||100 Rupees Per Annum|
Procedure to Apply for Chandigarh Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme
If you want to apply for this scheme, then examine the simple process given below. By implementing these points, you can easily fill the application form for pre matric scholarship.
- Candidates have to visit the official portal of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Reaching to homepage, click on “New Registration” option present on top of the page.
- Instruction page will open on your screen, go through with all guidelines, and click on “Continue” button present at bottom of the page.
- Registration form will appear on next page, enter all details carefully.
- Then, hit “Register” option.
- After that, student will receive their registration id and password on given contact number or email.
- Applicants have to login with their details on the portal.
- You will be redirected to “Applicants Dashboard” page.
- On the dashboard, you have to click on “Pre Matric Application Form”
- An application form will be displayed on your screen, enter your primary info, academic info in the form.
- Upload all the documents on the application form.
- Cross-verify all the details and submit the application form.
Document Required During Application Form Submission
We have gathered some important data related to documents that will be needed at the application form submission. Check the table given below in this section of the article.
|Aadhaar Card||Income Certificate||Caste Certificate|
|Domicile of Chandigarh||Photo of Applicant||Fee receipt provide by School|
|Previous Year Marksheet and Certificates||Bank Details of Student||Residence Proof|
How to Check Chandigarh PMS Application Status?
After submitting the application form, candidates can check their status of application, whether it is in under process state or has been processed by authorities.
- Go to the official link of NSP or click on the direct link given at the end of this article.
- Click on “Login” option provided on the homepage of website.
- Login page will be shown on your screen.
- Fill all your credentials in the form and hit “Login” tab.
- On the next page, candidates have to click on “Check Application Status” link.
- Enter your info on “Track Application” page and check the status of your application form.
Process to Renew Pre Matric Scholarship
When applicants successfully pass their class, then they must renew the scholarship for next class. By following these steps applicants can efficiently complete the renewal process.
Step I: The candidate has to open the link of National Scholarship Portal i.e. scholarships.gov.in.
Step II: Click on “Renewal 2021-2022” given under “Login” option on the homepage of the website.
Step III: A new page will open on your screen, fill in your application id, password and code given on the page.
Step IV: Click on “Login” button.
Step V: Renewal form will be shown on your screen.
Step VI: Enter all details on the form and “Submit” the application form.
Point to Remember
- For renewal process, applicants are only eligible if they have successfully completed their previous class.
- If a candidate applies for renewal process under a fresh applicant’s category then there are high chances, that their application may get rejected.
Must Check – NIELIT CCC Online Course
Method to Review Scheme-wise Scholarship Sanctioned List
- Candidates have to browse the official portal on any suitable web browser.
- Then, click on “New Registration” button present at the homepage.
- Guidelines page will be open on next page now you will see “Scheme Wise Scholarship Sanctioned List” on the top of the page.
- Fill all details such as academic year, academic type, ministry, scheme, etc on the form.
- After submitting info, scholarship sanctioned list will be revealed on your screen.
Other Scholarship Schemes
- Attendance Scholarship for Girls Students (1st to 5th Class): This scholarship will be given to improve the attendance of girls in schools so that, girl students come more and more to attend their classes.
- Attendance Scholarship for SC/ST Scholars (1st to 5th Class): Under this scheme, govt targets the age group of 6 to 14 years who are studying in 1st to 7th class. Those students who will complete their 60% attendance will get this scholarship.
- SC/ST Students Talent Search Studentship: This studentship will be provided to those SC/ ST scholars who are studying in non-model schools will get admission to govt model schools on the basis of their talents.
- For SC/ST Students Meritorious Scholarship (from 9th to 12th Standard): Students belonging to SC/ ST/ BC category who scores a minimum 55% or more are eligible to apply for this scheme. Under this plan, govt will provide financial help to students who are studying from 6th to 8th class.
- For SC/ST Girl National Scheme of Incentive (secondary education): Girl children who belong to SC/ ST category can apply for this scholarship. With the help of this plan, girls will get admission to schools so that they can complete their education. All charges of school will be paid by the govt of Chandigarh.
Chandigarh Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme – FAQ’s
The very first criterion of this scholarship is that applicant must be citizen of Chandigarh. Next criterion is candidates must belong to SC category.
Government of Chandigarh wants to provide financial help to all SC category students who are studying in class 9th and 10th.
Go to the official portal NSP -> Click on login button on the homepage -> Select “Renew 2021-2022” option -> Enter your login details and submit it -> After a few moments renew form will open on a new page -> Fill the form with correct info and submit renew form.
As we mentioned above that this scheme is only for students who hold the domicile of Chandigarh therefore, you are not eligible for this studentship.