The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will soon announce an application invitation for the Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship. This scheme applies to SC students, transgender students, OBC students, and economically backward class students.
Criteria for all Chandigarh post-matric scholarship application schemes will be different. The application form will be available soon, and interested applicants can check out this scholarship scheme’s specifics in the following article.
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application
The administration of Chandigarh, along with the help of the Central Government and the Chandigarh education department, encourages scholarships for meritorious student-subsidised education. The scholarship will apply to students of Chandigarh. This scholarship is provided for economically weak candidates to support them financially.
Objective Behind Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship
The major objective of the Central Government for Chandigarh students regarding post-matric scholarship is to supplement financial assistance to students of scheduled caste, other backward classes, trans- genders and economically backward classes to enable them to complete their education.
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application Scope
With the help of this scholarship, candidates can avail of education in India. The union territory government provides this scholarship to the applicants who belong to the applied state or union territory. The domicile state or union territory will inform the parent state of all the particular information.
Condition Of Eligibility Of Students For Chandigarh Post-Matric Scholarship
For Scheduled Caste students Chandigarh-
- Students should have a domicile in Chandigarh.
- Students must belong to the scheduled caste category.
- Students must be pursuing the education of post-matric level from a government-recognised college or university.
- The annual income of the family must be below 2.5 lacs
For Transgender Student Chandigarh-
- The student must be in a permanent domicile of Chandigarh
- The candidate should be a transgender
- Candidates must have cleared the matriculation examination from a recognised university or institution.
- Candidate must be studying the above matriculation quotes except for any training course from an institution.
- The annual income of the family must be below 2.5 lacs
- All children of particular parents are eligible for this scholarship
- The scholarship is also applicable to students having correspondence studies.
- Students employed without any salary for the entire duration are also eligible.
For other Backward Class Students Chandigarh
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Chandigarh union territory
- Candidates should belong to other backward class categories
- Candidate must have cleared matric or higher secondary exam from a recognised University
- Candidate must have taken admission 11th or above
- Only two children of a parent are eligible for this scholarship (however the above condition is not applicable for female students).
- No two scholarships can be mixed together, that is candidate must not have any other scholarship at the time of application for the scholarship.
For Economic Backward Class Student
- The candidate must be a domicile of Chandigarh
- The annual income of the family must not be above 1 lakh rupees
- The candidate must be studying at a recognised institution.
Post-matric Chandigarh Scholarship Schedule
|Scheme category||Reg. Closing date||Defective verification||Institute verification|
|For SC Students|
How To Apply For Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application?
The procedure of application can be done online mode. The candidate must visit the official website for the general instructions on the certificate required. A hard copy of the application uploaded needs to be submitted as per the portal requirements where the application form has been made. Every student who is applying either online or in hard copy form needs to have minimum compulsorily included.
- One copy of Chandigarh post matric scholarship application in a prescribed manner
- One copy of a photograph of candidate in passport size with the signature of the student. (This will be applicable for Fresh scholarship application)
- One self-attested copy of all the degree, and diploma certificate in which examination has passed
- A certificate of caste which is duly attested by a revenue officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar
- One income certificate of self-employed parents should be in the form of a certificate issued by a revenue officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Employed Guardian is required to get an income certificate from their employer
- Application for scholarship need to be submitted by the candidate as per the given schedule
- However, there may be an extension in the last date with valid reasons of state authorities
- All the hard copy pictures submitted should be self-attested
While submitting an application to the head of the Institution, it should be completed in all respect. The institution from where the candidate attended or last attended by the candidate will be addressed to an officer for this purpose by the union territory government to which students belong.
Condition Of Eligibility For Institution Or University Or College
There are some eligibility criteria that need to be followed by the institution to avail of the scholarship for candidates. A list of those condition of eligibility are given below:-
1. The institution at the time of the submitting application for a scholarship of candidates needs to submit details of their registration, affiliation and accreditation courses offered and the number of seats for each course approved.
2. The institution must have a minimum of 50% of renewable in respect of students for availing of the Chandigarh post-matric scholarship for the academic year.
3. Before applying for the next year’s scholarship provided by the institution, it should be able to give sufficient and put reason for not achieving the minimum of 50% renewal. The reason should be good and sufficient enough. The condition must be natural calamity like drought, unforeseen circumstances, flood, law and order problems etc.
Component Of Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship
For the duration of the complete course, the following component of the scholarship will be provided to the candidate. A list of these components are maintenance allowance, student study tour charges, book allowance, Book bank facility, thesis typing, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, and additional allowance for scheduled caste students with a disability for the complete duration of courses will be provided.
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Selection Procedure
All the students who are eligible for scholarships are subject to the application of the means test prescribed in this scheme. Candidates belonging to one state but studying in another state will be awarded this scholarship by the union territory to which they belong. A candidate who are holding a schedule caste certificate from another state but is domicile in Chandigarh needs to verify their certificate from the state it has been issued. The condition of the domicile can be determined by the state. It is required to keep the parent’s state informed about the domicile of the union territory.
Announcement Of Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application Scheme
All the governments of state and union territories need to announce details on the invitation of the application form by May or June every year. Announcement of the scheme will be done by advertisement in leading newspapers and digital media of state-owned. Request for all application forms should be addressed by the union territory Administration and state government to which the scholars actually belong. It is required to submit the application form in a prescribed form to the official authority before the last date of receipt of the application.
About the National Scholarship Portal
It is a one-stop solution for various services like student application, application receipt, processing sanctions and providing various scholarships to eligible student. This portal is a mission-mode project which is run under the National e-governance plan. This portal has been created with the reason to provide a simplified accountable, responsive mission-oriented and transparent system for the fast and effective dispersal of scholarships.
Application and disposal of funds will be transferred directly to the account of beneficiaries without any corruption. The major mission project of the national scholarship portal is to provide a common electronic portal for the implementation of various schemes of scholarship launched by central, state governments along with union territories of the entire country.
Helpline Number For Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application Form Scheme
In this article complete information regarding the Chandigarh post-matric scholarship application has been provided. If the students have any queries or problems, they can contact directly to the authorities through this help desk.
Contact number 0120 6619540
Email ID firstname.lastname@example.org
|Apply Online||Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application (Available Soon)|
|For Related Updates, Follow||NVSHQ Homepage|
Who is eligible to apply for the Chandigarh post-matric scholarship?
A student who fulfills the guidelines of the Union territory administration scholarship is eligible for this scheme.
How can students apply for the Chandigarh post-matric scholarship?
In order to apply for a scholarship, candidates need to visit the official portal, which is https://scholarships.gov.in/. Documents required for it have been discussed above.
How do I track the application form?
For tracing the application form, an option of checking your status will be available where candidates need to log in with the application ID and date of birth.