Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship 2020 Eligibility: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has announced application invitation for Chandigarh post-matric scholarship 2020. This scheme is applicable for SC students, transgender students, OBC students, and economical backward class students. Criteria for all Chandigarh post-matric scholarship application scheme will be different. Application form closing date was 10th Nov 2020. Last date for defective verification was 29th January 2020. Final date for Institute verification was also 29th January 2020. Candidates who are eligible for it need to apply through official website.
Update: Portal for Post Matric scheme for Chandigarh SC/ST/Transgender/EWS categories is open now.
Highlights Of Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application 2020
Administration of Chandigarh along with the help of Central Government and Chandigarh education department encourages scholarship for meritorious student subsidised education. Scholarship will be applicable for students of Chandigarh. This scholarship is provided for economically weak candidate to support them financially.
Objective Behind Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship
Major objective of Central Government for Chandigarh student regarding post matric scholarship is to supplement a financial assistance to student of scheduled caste, other backward class, trans- genders and economically backward class to make them enable for completing their education.
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application Scope
With the help of this scholarship, candidate can avail education in India. This scholarship is provided by the government of union territory to the applicants who belongs from the applied state or union territory. The domicile state or union territory will keep the parent state informed with all the particular information.
Condition Of Eligibility Of Students For Chandigarh Post-Matric Scholarship
For Scheduled Caste student Chandigarh-
- Students should be domicile of Chandigarh
- Student must belong from schedule caste category
- Student must be pursuing education of post matric level from government recognised college or university
- Annual income of family must be below 2.5 lacs
For Transgender Student Chandigarh-
- Student must be a permanent domicile of Chandigarh
- Candidate should be a transgender
- Candidate must have cleared matriculation examination from a recognised university or institution
- Candidate must be studying above matriculation quotes except any training course from institution
- Annual income of family must be below 2.5 lacs
- All children of particular parents are eligible for this scholarship
- Scholarship is also applicable for student having correspondence studies
- Students who are employed without any salary for the entire duration are also eligible.
For other Backward Class Student Chandigarh
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Chandigarh union territory
- Candidate should belong from other backward class category
- Candidate must have cleared matric or higher secondary exam from a recognised University
- Candidate must have taken admission 11th or above
- Only two child of a parent are eligible for this scholarship (however the above condition is not applicable for female student).
- No two scholarship can be mixed together, that is candidate must not having any other scholarship at the time of application of scholarship.
For Economic Backward Class Student
- Candidate must be a domicile of Chandigarh
- Annual income of family must not be above 1 lakh rupees
- Candidate must be studying from a recognised institution.
Post matric Chandigarh scholarship Schedule
|Scheme category||Reg. Closing date||Defective verification||Institute verification|
|SC students||10th Nov 2020||16th Nov 2020||16th Nov 2020|
|Transgender||10th Nov 2020||16th Nov 2020||16th Nov 2020|
|OBC||10th Nov 2020||16th Nov 2020||16th Nov 2020|
|EWS||10th Nov 2020||16th Nov 2020||16th Nov 2020|
How To Apply For Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application
Procedure of application can be done through online mode. Candidate must visit the official website for the general instruction of certificate required. Hard copy of application uploaded need to be submitted as per the portal requires where application form has been made. Every student who is applying either from online or in hard copy form need to have minimum compulsorily includes.
- One copy of Chandigarh post matric scholarship application in a prescribed manner
- One copy of photograph of candidate in passport size with signature of student. (This will be applicable for Fresh scholarship application)
- One self attested copy of all the degree, diploma certificate in which examination has passed
- A certificate of caste which is duly attested by revenue officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- One income certificate of self-employed parents which should be in the form of certificate issued by revenue officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Employed Guardian are required to get income certificate from their employer
- Application of scholarship are need to be submitted by candidate by 31st December
- However there may be extension in last date with valid reasons of state authorities
- All the hard copy pictures submitted should be self-attested
While submitting application to head of Institution, it should be completed in all respect. Institution from where candidate attended or last attended by the candidate will be addressed to an officer for this purpose by union territory government to which students belong.
Condition Of Eligibility For Institution Or University Or College
There are some eligibility criteria needs to be followed by institution to avail the scholarship for candidates. List of those condition of eligibility are given below:-
1. The institution at the time of the submitting application for scholarship of candidate needs to submit details of their registration, affiliation and accreditation courses offered and a number of seats for each course approved.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
2. The institution must have minimum 50% of renewable in respect of students for availing the Chandigarh post matric scholarship for academic year.
3. Before applying for the next year scholarship provided by institution, it should be able to give sufficient and put reason for not achieving the minimum of 50% renewal. Reason should be good and sufficient enough. The condition must be natural calamity like draught, unforeseen circumstances, flood, law and order problem etc.
Component Of Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship
For the duration of complete course, following component of scholarship will be provided to candidate. List of these components are maintenance allowance, student study tour charges, book allowance, Book bank facility, thesis typing, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, additional allowance for scheduled caste student with disability for the complete duration of courses will be provided.
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Selection Procedure
All the students who are eligible for scholarship subject to the application of means test prescribed in this scheme. Candidate belonging to one state but studying in other state will be awarded this scholarship by union territory to which they belong. Candidate who are holding schedule caste certificate from other state but is domicile of Chandigarh need to verify their certificate from state it has issued. Condition of domicile can be determined by state. It is required to keep the parents state informed about domicile of union territory.
Also Check: NMMS Result 2020 State Wise
Announcement Of Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application Scheme
All the government of state and union territory need to announce details on invitation of application form by May or June every year. Announcement of scheme will be done by the advertisement in leading newspaper and digital media of state owned. Request for all application form should be addressed by union territory Administration and state government to which the scholars actually belong. It is required to submit the application form in a prescribe form to official authority before last date of receipt of application.
About National Scholarship Portal
It is one stop solution for various services like student application, application receipt, processing sanction and providing various scholarships to the eligible student. This portal is a mission mode project which is run under National e governance plan. This portal has been created with the reason to provide a simplified accountable responsive mission oriented and transparent system for fast and effective dispersal of scholarship. Application and disposal of funds will be transferred directly to the account of beneficiaries without any corruption. Major mission project of national scholarship portal is to provide a common electronic portal for implementation of various schemes of scholarship launched by central, state government along with union territories of entire country.
Helpline Number For Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Application Form Scheme
In this article complete information regarding Chandigarh post matric scholarship application has been provided. If the students have any queries or problem, they can contact directly to the authorities through this help desk.
Contact number 0120 6619540
Email ID email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Student who fulfils the guidelines of Union territory administration scholarship are eligible for this scheme.
Ans. Closing date of scheme is 10th November 2020
Ans. 16th November 2020 is the last date for defective verification under these categories.
Ans. Last date for transgender student defective verification is 16th November 2020.
Ans. In order to apply for scholarship, candidates need to visit official portal which is https://scholarships.gov.in/. Documents required for it has been discussed above.
Ans. Editing of all the details is available before last date of closing. After that no student can edit anything from application form.
Ans. Login credentials will be sent to candidate through sms or email.
Ans. For tracing application form, an option of check your status will be available where candidate need to login with application ID and date of birth.