Aikyashree Scholarship has been launched by the state of West Bengal for the meritorious students belonging to the minority communities of the state. The scholarship program is checked and controlled by WBMDFC (West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation). Here, in this article, we have provided all the necessary details related to the Aikyashree Scholarship scholarship, its benefits, eligibility, application procedure, and important dates.
- 1 What is Aikyashree Scholarship?
- 2 Aikyashree Scholarship – Overview
- 3 Aikyashree Scholarship Benefits
- 4 Scholarship Funds
- 5 Aikyashree: Points to Remember
- 6 How to Apply for Aikyashree Scholarship?
- 7 Aikyashree Application Renewal
- 8 Aikyashree Scholarship-Important Dates
- 9 Important Links
What is Aikyashree Scholarship?
Aikyashree is an online scholarship scheme under WBMDFC. It focuses on the upliftment of the minority communities that include Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis. It provides financial assistance to motivate such worthy students to continue with their higher studies.
Aikyashree, an initiative by West Bengal Government, aims at strengthening the socio-economic statuses of the many minority communities by offering them educational opportunities at different levels from Class I to Ph.D. level.
Aikyashree scholarship is fully funded by the West Bengal Government and is actively implemented from 2019 onwards. It includes all the expenses like school & college education fee along with hostel stay fees if any and maintenance allowances.
Aikyashree Scholarship – Overview
|Launched by||West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation|
|Beneficiaries||Meritorious students belonging to Minority communities|
|Courses||Class 1 – Ph.D.|
|Types of Scholarship||Pre- Matric Scholarship|
Post- Matric Scholarship
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Form Submission ends |
(Fresh & Renewal)
|15th Feb 2021 (Post-Matric & MCM)|
Aikyashree Scholarship Benefits
The primary motive of the Aikyashree scholarship scheme is to encourage deserving students not to discontinue their studies due to the lack of financial resources. The Aikyashree Scholarship scheme offers various educational opportunities to the students of minority communities at school as well as the college level.
Under this scholarship program, several minority communities are benefitted. It provides a chance for underprivileged students to rise and shine. Many meritorious students are serving the state as well as the nation.
Under Aikyashree, the following benefits will be granted-
- Provides financial aid to the students belonging to the minority communities to continue with their studies.
- A minimum of Rs. 1100 will be granted to a beneficiary per year.
- An additional amount of at least 10% will be provided to the students pursuing higher studies.
- Enhances the literacy ratio in the state.
- Helps the students to upgrade their skills.
On 18th Dec 2020, Mamta Banerjee tweeted about providing 2.03 crore scholarships worth Rs. 5657 crore to the minority communities in the state. Under the Aikyashree scheme, more than 42 lakh students have been benefitted in the year 2019-20.
Around 530 hostels are built for the beneficiaries. Along with 115 computer labs, 600 smart classrooms have been established in madrasahs.
The sanction amount for MSDP (Multi-Sectoral Development Programme) of Rs. 287 crore in the year 2020 is assumed to reach Rs. 424 crore by March 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for Aikyashree
The eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of the Aikyashree Scholarship are different according to the educational levels and type of scholarship one is applying for.
|Type of Scholarship||Eligibility Criteria|
|Pre- Matric & Post- Matric||(i) Bear Domicile Certificate of WB.|
(ii) Must be studying in any approved by Central/ State govt.
(iii) Minimum of 50% marks in the previous examination.
(iv) Annual income of family must be less than Rs. 2 Lakh.
(v) Must be studying in WB institutes only.
|Merit-cum-Means||(i) Bear Domicile Certificate of WB.|
(ii) Must have admission in any professional/ technical course.
(iii) Minimum of 50% marks in the previous examination
(iv) Annual income of family must be less than Rs. 2.5 Lakh.
(v) WB residents studying outside the state can also apply.
The proposed funds under the Aikyashree Scholarship scheme are as follows:
- Admission and Tuition fees are subject to actuals.
- Hostellers also the students who are staying as PG or on rent.
- The full course fee may be compensated for the selected institutes.
- Maintenance allowances are paid for only 10 months in an academic year.
Aikyashree: Points to Remember
- The beneficiaries need to submit a copy of the Income certificate at the time of their admission.
- The scholarship application form is valid per academic session.
- Both hostellers and day scholars will be granted maintenance allowances as per the rules.
- The candidates must check the eligibility criteria beforehand to avoid any last-minute disappointments.
- The students applying for the renewal of their application must have secured at least 50% marks in the last examination attempted.
- Regular attendance must be maintained.
- The course fee along with maintenance allowances will be paid to the student via DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode.
- If any student is found to have violated any rules and code of conduct, his/her scholarship is subjected to the termination. The scholarship amount paid will also be redeemed.
- If any student fails to produce the requisite documents or the information provided is found to be false, his/her scholarship is subjected to cancellation or suspension.
How to Apply for Aikyashree Scholarship?
The applicants must follow the step-by-step procedure to apply for the scholarship. The application form is available on the official website of WBMDFC, the link to which is provided below.
The procedure can be divided into following 6 stages:
Stage 1: Student Registration
Step 1: The interested and eligible students are required to visit the official portal of WBMDFC and click on the “New Registration” tab as shown in the image below.
Step 2: The students need to select the district of the institute they want to apply for.
Step 3: The students need to register themselves for the scholarship by filling the following details carefully. Click “Submit and Proceed” at the end.
Stage 2: Scheme Eligibility
Step 4: Fill all the fields under Scheme Eligibility section to check the student’s eligibility to qualify for the benefits of the scholarship.
Stage 3: Successful Registration
Step 5: After successful registration, the students will be provided with a temporary user ID. Preserve the user ID for the next stage.
Step 6: Check the registered email ID for User ID and password.
Stage 4: Student Login
Step 7: Login using the provided User ID and password.
If anyone wants to fill the application form later, select the “Student’s Login” tab on the homepage and log in using the User ID and Password.
Step 8: Change the password for security purposes.
Stage 5: Final Submission (Online)
Step 9: The students need to fill in their basic, academic, and bank account information carefully and correctly. The application form is subject to be rejected if any information is found to be false.
Step 10: Review the application form and lock it.
Step 11: Print the application form for the next step.
Stage 6: Final Submission (offline)
Step 12: The students must submit the hard copy of the application form and a copy of bank passbook that must include the details such as student’s account number and branch IFSC code to the institute they have applied for.
Aikyashree Application Renewal
The beneficiaries must renew their application after each academic session. The last date to submit the Renewal application 2020-21 is 15th Feb 2021 for Post- matric and MCM scholarships. The application form for the same is available on the official portal itself. The direct link for the online Renewal Application 2020-21 is given below.
Check User Manual for the step-by-step procedure of filling the online Renewal application form 2020-21.
How to track Aikyashree application?
There is also a provision called “Track an Application”. With this facility, the applicants easily check their respective application status. You can find this feature on the official portal. The applicants can either track it via their user ID or their mobile number. The direct link of “Track an application” is provided below.
Documents Required for Aikyashree Scholarship
The interested candidates must keep the following list of documents handy in order to apply for the scholarship.
- West Bengal Domicile Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Proof of DOB
- Marksheet of the previous examination
- Candidate’s Bank Account details
Aikyashree Scholarship-Important Dates
|Type||Last date to submit Application form|
|Pre- Matric||15th Dec 2020|
|Post- Matric||15th Feb 2021 (fresh & renewal)|
|Merit-cum-Means||15th Feb 2021 (fresh & renewal)|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Official Portal||Click here|
|Official Poster – English||Click here|
|Official Poster – Bengali||Click here|
|Online Application Form||Click here|
|Renewal Application||Click here|
|Track Application||Click here|
|List of Registered Institutes||Click here|
|Check other WB Scholarships||Check here|