AICTE Swanath Scholarship 2021: The All India Council of Technical Education is inviting online applications for the Swanath Scholarship. This scholarship is for students who are unfortunate enough to lose either or both parents. The AICTE will sponsor much of their studies in an approved institution for either a Degree or a Diploma Course. The council will offer assistance of Rs. 50,000 per year to the eligible candidates. Interested applicants must apply for the scheme before 31 December 2021. To know about the application procedure, eligibility, and more related details, go through the following article.
Update: The last date to submit a scholarship application has been extended to 31st December 2021
- 1 AICTE Swanath Scholarship 2021
- 2 Swanath Scholarship Key Dates
- 3 AICTE Helpdesk
AICTE Swanath Scholarship 2021
There are a lot of unfortunate kids who lose a parent or even both of them. In that case, they usually are unable to continue with further education mostly due to financial vulnerability. Such situations were highly common during the pandemic when kids lost parents to COVID 19. To cover such students and additionally orphans and wards of Martyrs, the All India Council of Technical Education came up with this scheme. This scheme will provide financial support to such kids for higher education in AICTE approved institutions. The authorities will try to cover a part of the educational expenses of the Diploma or Degree course by offering Rs. 50,000 per annum. The candidates need to apply for this scheme before 31 December 2021.
Swanath Scholarship 2021 in a Nutshell
|Name of the Scholarship||Swanath Scholarship|
|Authority||All India Council of Technical Education or AICTE|
|Aim||To financially assist unfortunate kids who have lost either or both parent|
|Beneficiaries||Orphans, Wards of Martyrs or Children of Patients died due to Covid-19|
|Courses Covered||Diploma or Degree courses in AICTE recognized institute|
|Amount||50,000 per annum|
|Last Date to Apply||31 December 2021|
|Defective and Institute Verification Last Date||15 January 2022|
Swanath Scholarship Key Dates
|Scheme Closing Date||Defective & Institute verification|
|Degree||31 December||15 January 2022|
|Diploma||31 December||15 January 2022|
Objective of Swanath Scholarship
AICTE aims at encouraging and supporting orphans, wards of the dead victims of Covid-19, wards of Armed Forces, and Central Paramilitary Forces who were martyred while serving the nation. They wish to aid their pursuit of education which might get affected due to the huge parent loss. They are attempting to help those who are studying either Diploma or Degree courses in AICTE approved institutions. Students need not drop due to financial reasons as long as they are eligible for this scholarship.
Swanath Scholarship Amount
The AICTE will award scholarships worth Rs. 50,000 per month. Students can apply for the scholarship during any year of study. Candidates in 1st year of the Degree course will get 4 years of assistance and those in the 2nd year will receive monetary funds from this scholarship for 3 years and so on. In the case of Diplomas, the 1st year students will get the scholarship amount for 3 years while 2nd-year students will get it for 12 years and so on. The years of the reception of the scholarship award entirely depend upon the duration of the course. However, no extra amount will be awarded to students for medical or hostel expenses. The amount will be directly disbursed into the registered account of the applicant.
Number of Scholarships
The All India Council of Technical Education declared that every year a maximum of 2000 scholarships will be awarded under Swanath Scholarships. 1000 scholarships each for Diploma and Degree course have been fixed. In case the number of scholarships in a particular course remains vacant, they will be automatically be converted into the other one.
AICTE Swanath Scholarship Eligility Criteria
The interested candidates need to observe the following eligibility criteria before applying for financial assistance under this scheme:
- The candidate should belong to any one of these categories:
- Either or both parents died due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Childern of Armed Forces and Central Paramilitary Forces who were martyred while serving the country, also known as Shaheed.
- The total income of the family from all the sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the financial year of the application.
- The candidate should be a student of a Degree or Diploma level course in regular college mode in an AICTE approved institution in any year.
- The candidate is not getting benefits from any other Central Government or State Government or AICTE scholarships.
Documents required to fill Swanath Scholarship Application
Candidates need to prepare the virtual copies of the following documents depending on their situation before applying for the scholarship online:
- Aadhar card for the purpose of the Aadhar Number
- In case of orphans, if available, Death Certificates of both Father and Mother or a certificate issued by Tehsildar or the respective SDM.
- In the case of students whose parent(s) died due to the Covid 19 virus, a Death Certificate of Father or Mother or both stating that the reason for the death was Covid-19.
- In case of children of Martyred Servicemen, a Death Certificate along with the Shaheed Certificate as issued by the Armed Forces or Central Paramilitary Forces authorities.
- Bonafide Certificate issued by the institution stating that the applicant is a student in the same institution.
- 10+2 or equivalent and 10th Mark sheet in case of Degree Course
- 10th or equivalent Mark sheet for Diploma Level
- Category Certificate, if applicable (SC/ST/OBC-NCL)
- Income certificate issued by Government Authority in order to prove that income of family less is than Rs. 8 Lakhs.
Swanath Scholarship Application Procedure
Candidates can apply for the scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal. The application mode is online and the applicants must apply before the closing dates. Follow the subsequent steps to apply:
- Visit the government web portal of the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in.
- On the home page, click on “Login” and select “Fresh 2021-2022” from the dropdown list.
- A login form will be displayed on the screen asking for login credentials in order to apply for new scholarships.
- Enter the Application ID, Password as obtained at the time of One Time Registration.
- Enter the case sensitive Captcha Code.
- Click on “Login”.
- Click on “Apply for AICTE Swanath Scholarship 2021“.
- The application form for the same will open up. Enter all the required details marked with “*”.
- Upload all the aforementioned documents in form of scanned virtual copies in the required size and dimensions.
- Recheck the application before its submission. The candidates will not be allowed to edit the applications to make corrections after the successful submission. Moreover, the incomplete applications will be considered leading to problems. Incomplete applcations will be eventually rejected and the candidate migh not be able to apply again since one time application is allowed per registrant.
- Click on “Submit” and print the application form for future reference.
The candidates who have certain queries regarding the Swanath Scholarship can contact the common helpdesk for the National Scholarship Portal or NSP and check the official notification for more information.
|Official Portal of National Scholarships||scholarships.gov.in|
|Swanath Scholarship Guidelines||Click Here|
|NSP Registration Process||Click here|
|Swanath Scholarship FAQs||Click Here|
|NSP Helpline||0120 – 6619540|
|NSP Mail Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org|