YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme: Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy, on 9th June 2020, launched financial assistance and state welfare scheme “YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme” for the benefit of the people of the state. Under this scheme, a financial scheme of Rs.10000/- will be provided to the beneficiaries. The launch of this financial assistance during the tough times was much needed as this financial help would help the beneficiaries overcome the economic crunch.
It is a state government-funded welfare scheme only for tailors, washermen, and state barbers. The funds provided to each beneficiary will be transferred directly to their bank accounts, probably from July. The beneficiaries will be identified and shortlisted through surveys.
YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme
Under this scheme at AP, beneficiaries will be provided Rs.10000/- per annum. The beneficiaries can utilise this fund to purchase tools, equipment, and other essentials to grow their source of income and work establishment. This will help them to fulfil their investment needs.
The total funding for this scheme has been sanctioned from the three different departments of the Andhra Pradesh Government: the Revenue Department, the Backward Classes Welfare (C) Department, and the Minorities Welfare (OP & Budget) Department.
In this article, we have tried compiling all the information about the newly launched Jagananna Chedodu Scheme. You will find details on this scheme’s benefits, beneficiaries’ eligibility criteria, beneficiary list, documents required, etc.
YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme- A Brief Detail
|Name of the scheme||Jagananna Chedodu|
|Date of Launch||10th June 2020|
|Concerned Authority||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched By||CM YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Scheme Type||State Level welfare scheme|
|Beneficiary||Rajakas /Dhobi (Washermen) Nayee Brahmin (Barber) Tailor belonging to BC, EBC and Kapu Community|
|Purpose||To provide financial support for meeting the investment needs of the beneficiaries|
|Fund to be disbursed||Rs.10000/- per year|
|Transfer of Benefit for 1st phase||July 2020|
AP Jagananna Chedodu Scheme
The launch of the Jagananna Chedodu Scheme in the middle of these crucial times was a significant relief and has become a saviour for these people engaged in small-scale professions in Andhra Pradesh. However, this scheme was one of the schemes which were already on the list of CM Jagan Mohan Reddy since he took charge of the state as CM. He had already given a hint about this scheme in one of his rally/public programs. Finally, on 10 June 2020, the scheme was launched, and probably by the next month, the beneficiaries will start receiving assistance in their accounts.
Who are the Beneficiaries of Jagananna Chedodu?
AP government has launched this scheme exclusively for the state’s citizens, falling under three employment categories. These include-
- Rajakas/Dhobis (Washermen) of the state
- Nayee Brahmin (Barbers) have their establishment.
- Tailors belonging to the Backward Class (BC), Extremely Backward Classes (EBC) category and Kapu Community
Key Points of Jagananna Chedodu Scheme
- Jagananna Chedodu Scheme was launched on 10 June 2020 by the CM of Andhra Pradesh. Near about the same time, the CM also launched the JVD Scheme.
- The second phase of the scheme was launched on 10 November 2020.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme include Rajkas, Nayee Brahmins and Tailors of the BPL families.
- Financial assistance of Rs.10000/- will be given to the beneficiaries annually.
- There are around 82347 Rajkas, 126926 Tailors, and 38767 NayeeBrahmins in the state who are running their registered establishments and will benefit under this scheme.
- The assistance of around Rs.247.04 crores will be disbursed to nearly 247040 beneficiaries of the state.
- Identification of beneficiaries will be done through surveys conducted by the village or ward volunteers across the state.
- The beneficiary list will then be communicated to the citizens through the online portal or ward secretariat.
- The fund will be deposited directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- If there will be any beneficiary whose name will not be on the list, then he/she can contact the ward secretariat.
- AP Government is also expected to launch an online portal soon for this scheme where citizens can find all the related details. The link to the official website will also be updated here.
District-wise count of beneficiaries
Have a look at the district-wise count of all the types of beneficiaries given in the table below-
|Name of the district||Rajakas/Dhobi||Nayee Brahmin||Tailors|
Jagananna Chedodu Eligibility Criteria
Check below what the eligibility requirements to be a beneficiary of Jagananna Chedodu are-
- The beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh state.
- Rajakas, Nayee Brahmin and Tailors belonging to BC, EBC and Kapu Community are involved in their respective professions. They should have a permanent or mobile establishment registered in their names.
- All the beneficiaries should belong to the BPL family and have supporting documents.
Jagananna Chedodu Document Required
Those who will be beneficiaries of this scheme must have all the necessary supporting documents with them. They must also keep these documents ready with them at the time of surveys or submission of applications. The list of some of the essential documents and details required for this scheme is given below-
- A valid mobile number (preferably registered with the bank account)
- Aadhaar Card of the beneficiary
- Voter Id Card
- BPL certificate
- Registration No./Certificate of the business establishment
- Bank details
- Passport-sized photograph
Disbursement of Assistance
Each beneficiary under this scheme, after proper verification, will become eligible to receive the benefit of Rs.10000/- per year. The amount of the assistance will be transferred directly to the unencumbered Bank Accounts of the beneficiaries through the Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) method.
Till now it is not clear whether this assistance will be provided in one go or in various instalments to the beneficiary. Any update regarding the same will be updated here.
How to Apply for the YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme?
As the scheme is new, limited information is available about this scheme. Regarding the application or registration process for this scheme, no application must be submitted by the beneficiaries to avail of the benefit. As per the details available, beneficiaries will be identified based on surveys conducted with the help of AP village/ward volunteers.
During surveys, target beneficiaries are advised to provide genuine details to the volunteers and cooperate with them. Once the survey is over, the eligibility and documents of the beneficiaries will be verified, and a beneficiary list will be prepared. This list will be made available at the respective ward Secretariat. And lastly, the assistance will be deposited into the bank accounts of these beneficiaries. Any other updates related to the application process will be updated here.
Any query related to the YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme can be asked in the comment section below. Our team will revert to the queries ASAP.
|Check More Details Here>>>||Andhra Pradesh Government Official Portal |
YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme Details
|Find the Latest Updates Here>>>||NVSHQ Homepage|