YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme: Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy on 9th June 2020 launched a financial assistance and state welfare scheme “YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme” for the benefit of the people of the state. Under this scheme a financial scheme of Rs.10000/- will be provided to the beneficiaries. The launch of this financial assistance during these tough times was much needed as this financial help would help the beneficiaries to overcome the financial crunch, they are going through due to the outbreak of covid-19 and prolonged lockdown.
Update: The second phase of YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme was launched on 10th November 2020 and 51,390 beneficiaries were identified and benefitted under this phase.
It is a state government funded welfare scheme only for tailors, washermen and Barbers of the state. The fund provided to each beneficiary will be transferred directly to their bank accounts probably from the month of July 2020. The beneficiaries will be identified and shortlisted through surveys.
- 1 YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme
- 2 Key points of Jagananna Chedodu 2020 Scheme
- 3 Jagananna Chedodu Eligibility Criteria
- 4 How to Apply for YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme 2020?
YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme
Under this scheme, beneficiaries will be provided an amount of Rs.10000/- per annum. This fund can be utilised by the beneficiaries for purchasing tools, equipment and other essentials to grow their source of income and work establishment. This will help them to fulfil their investment needs.
The total funding for this scheme has been sanctioned from the three different department of Andhra Pradesh Government namely- Revenue Department, Backward Classes Welfare (C) Department and Minorities Welfare (OP & Budget) Department.
In this particular article, we have tried compiling all the information about the newly launched Jagananna Chedodu Scheme. Going ahead, you will find details on the benefits of this scheme, eligibility criteria of beneficiary, beneficiary list, documents required, etc.
YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme 2020- A brief detail
|Name of the scheme||Jagananna Chedodu|
|Date of Launch||10th June 2020|
|Concerned Authority||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched By||CM YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Scheme Type||State Level welfare scheme|
|Beneficiary||Rajakas /Dhobi (Washermen) Nayee Brahmin (Barber) Tailor belonging to BC, EBC and Kapu Community|
|Purpose||To provide financial support for meeting the investment needs of the beneficiaries|
|Fund to be disbursed||Rs.10000/- per year|
|Transfer of Benefit for 1st phase||From July 2020 onwards|
|Transfer of Benefit for 2nd phase||November 2020|
|Official portal||Available Soon|
AP Jagananna Chedodu Scheme
The lockdown created to stop the spread of covid-19 has left lots of people jobless, and helpless. The worst affected people are those who earn on daily basis or are engaged in small scale professions such as barbers, labourers, constructions workers, daily wage drivers, washermen etc. Government (both state and central) launched various schemes to help these daily wagers especially for constract workers, laborers, drivers, etc. In spite of this there were still some people who were facing difficulties as they were not having any source of income in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
These people mainly include tailors, washermen/ dhobis and Tailors of Andhra Pradesh. These are the people who are engaged in their own low incomed professions that completely stopped during the lockdown leaving them without any financial support. They lost their livelihood during lockdown period.
The launch of Jagananna Chedodu Scheme in the middle of these crucial times was a big relief and has come as a saviour for these people engaged in small scale professions in Andhra Pradesh. However, this scheme was one of the schemes which was already in the list of CM Jagan Mohan Reddy since he took the charge of state as CM. He had already given a hint about this scheme in one of his rally/public programs. Finally, on 10th June 2020 the scheme was launched and probably by the next month the beneficiary will start receiving the assistance in their accounts.
Who are the Beneficiaries of Jagananna Chedodu?
AP government has launched this scheme exclusively for the citizens of the state falling under three employment categories. These include-
- Rajakas/Dhobis (Washermen) of the state
- Nayee Brahmin (Barbers) having their own establishment
- Tailors belonging to the Backward Class (BC), Extremely Backward Classes (EBC) category and Kapu Community
Key points of Jagananna Chedodu 2020 Scheme
- Jagananna Chedodu 2020 Scheme was launched on 10th June 2020 by the CM of Andhra Pradesh.
- Second phase of scheme was launched on 10th November 2020.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme include Rajkas, Nayee Brahmins and Tailors of the BPL families.
- A financial assistance of Rs.10000/- will be given to the beneficiaries on an annual basis.
- There are around 82347 Rajkas, 126926 Tailors, and 38767 NayeeBrahmins in the state who are running their registered establishments will be benefited under this scheme.
- An assistance of around Rs.247.04 crores will be disbursed to nearly 247040 beneficiaries of the state.
- Identification of beneficiaries will be done through surveys conducted by the village or ward volunteers across the state.
- The beneficiary list will then be communicated to the citizens through the online portal or ward secretariat
- The fund will be deposited directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- If there will be any beneficiary whose name will not be there in the list, then he/she can contact the ward secretariat.
- AP Government is also expected to launch an online portal soon for this scheme where citizens can find all the related details. The link of the official website will also updated here.
District-wise count of beneficiaries
Have a look at the district-wise count of all the types of beneficiaries given in the table below-
|Name of the district||Rajakas/Dhobi||Nayee Brahmin||Tailors|
Jagananna Chedodu Eligibility Criteria
Check below what are the eligibility requirements to be a beneficiary of Jagananna Chedodu-
- The beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh state.
- Rajakas, Nayee Brahmin and Tailors belonging to BC, EBC and Kapu Community involved in their respective professions. They should be having a permanent or mobile establishment registered in their names.
- All the beneficiaries should belong to BPL family and must have supporting documents.
Jagananna Chedodu Document Required
Those who will be beneficiaries of this scheme must have all the necessary supporting documents with them. They must also keep these documents ready with them at the time of surveys or submission of application. The list of some of the essential documents and details required for this scheme is given below-
- A valid mobile number (preferably registered with the bank account)
- Aadhaar Card of the beneficiary
- Voter Id Card
- BPL certificate
- Registration No./Certificate of the business establishment
- Bank details
- Passport-sized photograph
Disbursement of Assistance
Each beneficiary under this scheme after proper verification will become eligible to receive the benefit of Rs.10000/- per year. The amount of the assistance will be transferred directly to the unencumbered Bank Accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) method.
Till now it is not clear that whether this assistance will be provided in one go or in various installments to the beneficiary. Any update regarding the same will be updated here.
How to Apply for YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme 2020?
As the scheme is new, limited information is available about this scheme. Talking about the application or registration process for this scheme, so as such no application is required to be submitted by the beneficiaries to avail the benefit. As per the details available till date about this scheme, the identification of beneficiaries will be done on the basis of surveys conducted by the help of AP village/ward volunteers.
At the time of surveys, target beneficiaries are advised to provide genuine details to the volunteers and cooperate with them. Once the survey will be over, the eligibility and documents of the beneficiaries will be verified and a beneficiary list will be prepared. This list will be made available at the respective ward Secretariat. And lastly, the assistance will be deposited to the bank accounts of these beneficiaries. Any other update related to the application process will be updated here.
Any query related to YSR Jagananna Chedodu Scheme can be asked in the comment section below. Our team will revert to the queries asap.