EVP Voter ID correction and verification Electors Verification Program (EVP) 2022: At regular intervals, the Election Commission of India (ECI) launched its mega Electoral Verification Program (EVP) to help the Indian Citizens to correct details or verify their Voter ID so that duplicacy or forgery can be avoided. It aimed to update and authenticate electoral details through crowdsourcing. In this article, we have provided details of the EVP program, how to update voter ID details through NVSP EVP, add family members, the objective of the Voter ID EVP scheme.
EVP Voter ID Electors Verification Program: Events & Dates
|1.||EVP and other pre-revision activities including rationalization of polling stations.||-to be announced-||-to be announced-|
|2.||Publication of Integrated draft electoral roll||-to be announced-||-to be announced-|
|3.||Period for filing claims & objections||-to be announced-||-to be announced-|
|4.||Disposal of Claims and Objections||-to be announced-||-to be announced-|
|5.||Preparation of Supplements||-to be announced-||-to be announced-|
|6.||Final Publication of electoral roll||-to be announced-||-to be announced-|
Update: Millions of citizens of India have taken benefit of the EVP program for updating and correcting details easily online. Check how to do correction/upgrade below.
During the launch of this one-stop solution for verification and authentication of Voter ID electoral’s detail on Sunday, Chief Election Commissioner of India Sunil Arora said, “Electoral roll is the foundation of India on which the entire foundation of the superstructure of Election Commission of India stands. I urge all the citizens to participate in the verification program so that the Commission can provide better electoral services in all forthcoming elections.”
Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa also explained the importance of healthy EVP and said just like the FIT INDIA campaign launched a few days back was meant to keep all the citizens healthy EVP is launched to improve the health of the electoral roll in the country.
It was a “Mega Million” launch program as it was launched on the same day and at the same time across the entire country. To give a start to this program, the employees of the Commission authenticated and verified their electoral details along with the details of their families.
Electors Verification Program (EVP): Overview
|Name of the program||Electors Verification Program (EVP)|
|Governing Body||Election Commission of India (ECI)|
|Launch of EVP program||1st September 2019|
|Commencement of EVP verification program||1st September 2019|
|Last date for EVP verification|| Delhi – 31st October 2019 |
Other States – 18th November 2019
|Verification Process||Online and Offline|
|Official portal||National Voter Service Portal (NVSP)|
|Official website of ECI||eci.gov.in|
|Electors Verification Program (EVP)||Click here Read how to make changes through EVP|
|Apply for Voter ID||Voter ID form 6|
|Voter ID application Status||NVSP status check|
EVP Voter ID Electors Verification Program: Benefits
- This program was launched at all the levels viz.- State/UT level by 32 Chief Election Officers (CEOs), District level by about 700 District Election Officers (DEOs) and at around 1 million Polling Stations by Booth Level Officers (BLOs) / EROs.
- Along with this, it was also launched simultaneously at all the voter awareness forums of govt. and non-govt. organizations and all ELC platforms of Colleges and schools.
- Under this program, the existing electoral and prospective electoral will be able to alter, add, modify, and verify details in their electoral roll by logging on to the NVSP portal, mobile app, and various other facilitation centres.
- Each electoral will get a username and password through which he/she can also update details about their family member. These details will be further verified by the concerned Block Level Officer (BLOs)/ EROs. With this process, voters get easy access to the electoral details of their and their family members which they can authenticate and get rectified in case of any mistake.
The program started from 1st September and continued till 18th Nov, 2019.
Objectives of EVP
The main objective behind the launch of this program is:
- to improve the condition of the electoral roll in the country by removing errors & DSE,
- to improve the level of communication between commission and voters along with providing them better electoral services and facilities.
Documents required for verification
- Verification and correction in the existing electoral details of the citizens.
- Furnishing details and information of family members and verification of their entries too.
- Authentication of entry by providing Digi Locker copy or scanned copy of any one of the following documents-
- Indian Passport
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Identity card (in case of Government/Semi-Government Officials)
- Bank Passbooks
- Farmer’s Identity Card
- Smart Card issued by RGI
- Latest bill for water/ electricity/ gas/ telephone connection
- Updating details of the family members who are already enrolled but has shifted permanently or expired.
- Furnishing details of family members (born on or before 01.01.2001) who are eligible but not enrolled () and prospective voters (02.01.2002 till 01.01.2003) residing with the elector.
- Providing GIS coordinates of House (via Mobile App) in order to avail better electoral services.
- Feedback related to existing Polling stations and suggestions on alternate polling stations.
While the process of verification of details, citizens have to provide their contact details such as emails, mobiles, etc. This will help voters to stay updated about their electoral rolls such as they will get application status, voter slip, status of EPIC, etc. on their registered mobile no. and email. Electors will also get notifications and updates from EC related to polling station details, modifications on serial no., Change in ERO/BLO, etc. on a time to time basis.
Electoral Verification Program in Hindi | मोबाइल पर इलेक्टर्स वेरिफिकेशन प्रोग्राम का पूरा तरीका
EVP Process through NVSP, BRO and Mobile app
All facilities under the process of verification can be availed through various options provided by the Election Commission such as online portal i.e. NVSP, CSCs, mobile application, Helpline no., etc. The process of verification through each of the available options are listed below:
National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP) is the common service portal for all the voters of the country by the ECI. For registration and Electoral verification through this portal, citizens have login to it. The step-by-step guide for this process is shared below-
- Start by visiting NVSP portal www.nvsp.in.
- On the homepage of the portal, click on “Login” button present on right side of the page.
- If you are not registered with NVSP, then click on ‘Register as a new user’ button as shown in the picture below.
- Registration form will open. Fill all the details such as Mobile No., captcha code. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number entered. After verifying mobile no., enter the EPIC no., email, password and click on “Register” button.
- On successful registration, a new page will appear.
- Now, a dialog box including the username and password will appear. Enter the captcha code and click on “Login” button.
- Users will be directed to the homepage of the portal. Click on “Electors Verification Program”.
- Electors details will appear. Verification and authentication Status will be indicating “Not Submitted”.
- Click on “View Details”.
- Now, the complete details of voter will appear. Tick the entries which are to be corrected in the first box. Enter the correct details in second and third box. Upload the photograph and proof of change of name (if any). Enter the place, date and click on “View Application Preview” option.
- Preview of application will appear and check all the entries carefully.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- Finally corrected details will be submitted and status will be reflected on “View Details” section.
- This is how verification of details will be done through NVSP.
- Family Listing & Authentication has been activated now.
- Follow the below procedure to add family members:
- Click on the Family Listing & Authentication option as shown in the above image.
- Now choose the option accordingly.
- Now, enter your family member Epic Number.
- Click on “Add to Family” button as shown in the image.
EVP through CSC’s, VVC, Mobile App & Helpline
- Common Service Centres: Verification of details can also be done by visiting CSCs allocated for EVP in each district of the state and UTs across the country. Voters have to visit the nearest CSC and complete the verification process. The details of CSCs listed for EVP can be availed from the state election commission website or office.
- Voter Verification Centres: Voter Verification Centres are similar to specially established centres for the EVP. Citizens also have to visit these centres personally for verification.
- Mobile App: “Voter Helpline” is a mobile app that voters can use for verifying electoral details. They just have to download the app on their smartphones and have to log in. It is available on play store and app store.
- Voter Helpline: ECI has also provided a helpline by which voters can verify their details. The helpline no. is 1950.
EVP fee at CSC centers
A nominal fee will be charged from all the citizens for various facilities.
Check the CSC Rates charged for various services given in the table below:
|Name of the Services||CSC Rates|
|Application for adding name in the electoral roll/ filling of form 6||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Application fee for overseas voters/ filling form 6A||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Application for deletion of name in electoral roll- Form 7||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Application for correction/ medication in name/ other details in electoral rolls- Form 8||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Application for transposition of name – Form 8A||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Tracking of application status and registration of complaints||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Search services Names in the electoral roll, Status of application, Status of grievance Name of the polling station, Contact details of concerned BLO/ DEO/ ERO/ CEO etc.||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Application for issue of replacement of Elector’s Photo identity card (submission of form EPIC- 001)||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Photograph through web camera and scanning of documents for uploading||Rs.2/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Replacement of EPIC Cards/ Printing of EPIC cards (delivered at CSC)||Rs.25/- plus GST @ 18%|
|For enrolment and form processing, if online application is to be submitted and attached soft copy provided by the applicant for necessary documents and photo||Rs.1/- plus GST @ 18%|
|Printing of EPIC card for first-time voters including home delivery||Rs.30/-|
The same information about the fee is made available at all the CSCs across the country.
To make all the electoral services effective in the nation all the existing voters and prospective voters are advised to participate in this program. It is an important opportunity for all the citizens and voters of the country to verify and authenticate their details in their electoral Roll.
If Election Commission of India (ECI) does any kind of changes or updates in the EVP Voter ID Electors Verification Program this year then we’ll update our article so that you don’t lack behind or receive information lately.
Yes, EVP holds true in all the states and UTs of India.
The duration of EVP will be from 1st September to 15th October 2019.
Each Common Service Centre (CSC) will charge a nominal fee such as for uploading a document Rs.1 will be charged, for uploading a photograph Rs.2 will be charged. The information regarding fees will be displayed on all the CSCs.
Yes, without mobile no. verification and registration process cannot be completed.
You can use a passport, Aadhaar Card, ration card, driving license, identity card for government/semi-government employees, bank passbooks, farmer’s identity card, etc.
You are required to fill the respective form and for more information, you can contact the nearest CSC or VVC.
If you have any questions related to EVP voter ID details update/correction or facing any difficulty in making changes in NVSP voter ID EVP programme, you can contact us below.