Population Explosion is the root cause of the major issues the world is dealing with today. All around the world, the population is increasing at a rate of 1.05% per year. India is the second-largest populated country in the world. So, the importance of population control now has been more important than ever. The state government of Uttar Pradesh has proposed a draft in the wake of the population control in the state.
As well known, UP is one of the most populated states in our country. Thus, a bill of population control is a significant step in setting up new statics for the population of the state. Under the bill, the state government is proposing the two-child policy.
Check complete details on the UP Population Control Bill as we lay down the facts and prospects of the proposed bill in this post. We are listing some significant takeaways of the bill and the benefits associated with the new bill. Readers will also get information on the policy suggestions on the bill and more in the post.
UP Govt 2 Child Policy-Highlights
|Article on||Population control Bill|
|Bill Proposed by||State Government|
|State||Uttar Pradesh (UP)|
|Heading Authority||Uttar Pradesh State Law Commission (UPSLC)|
|Bill proposed on||11 July 2021|
|Last date of suggestion/ policy drafting||19 July 2021|
UP Population Control Bill
On World Population Day, 11 July 2021, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Shri Yogi Adityanath unveiled the draft on population control. The draft of the Uttar Pradesh Population (Control, stabilization, and Welfare) Bill, 2021 proposed by the present state government was open for suggestions until 19 July 2021.
The authorities have made Such a decision considering the availability of resources within the state. Also, illiteracy and poverty come along with the setbacks of the rising population. Thus, to offer better development and facilities such a decision is being considered quintessential by the authorities.
UP Govt 2 Child Policy Bill Draft PDF
Uttar Pradesh State Law Commission (UPSLC) which is the head authority in the bill proposal is now hosting the pdf of the bill asking for public suggestions. As it is an extensive bill, we are listing most of the features of the bill in this section. Citizens can, however check out the complete bill for more precise information. The two-child policy lists down some major points like:
- Any citizen not following the population control norm for two children only will be devoid of Government jobs.
- Only married couples will be considered under the two-child policy.
- Incentives will be offered to citizens with two children and one child.
- Couples giving birth to a second child anytime between 1 Jan 2021 and 1 Jan 2023 will not be considered violating the law.
- Adoption of an additional child is considered the bill. So, parents can adopt an additional third child if they wish to.
- Basic Job promotions and benefits of various schemes will also be provided to couples with two children only.
- Special increments have also been specified for all such parents following the population norms.
- Ration services may also be suspended of all such individuals who are caught violating the bill regulations.
- Election rights or the right to get elected under the Local Body Elections will also be detracted from all the candidates having more than two children.
- Any type of subsidy for parents with more than two children will be suspended.
Benefits of the Two-Child Policy
The Population Control Bill is an important bill in consideration of the ever-growing population of India. The policymakers have formulated the bill with plenty of benefits for the state’s citizens.
- Two special on-service increments will be offered to the parents following the bill’s regulations.
- All UP Government employees following the regulations will be offered 12 months of maternity/ paternity leave.
- Any such population draft if produced into an act will help improve the Human Development Index.
- In the long run, such a policy will also provide economic benefits and sufficient resources to the people of the state.
- Such a population control policy offers value to the taxpayer’s money which is often distributed in an unfair manner.
Suggestions for the UP Population Control Bill
As already stated, the state government is inviting suggestions on the policy, interested people can provide some valuable suggestions to the bill if any. The bill has been released in the public domain and has enormous potential in the longer run. Citizens can offer suggestions on the official website portal of the UPSLC.
The government is inviting suggestions, thereby making room for improvements and amendments to the bill, if necessary. Citizens can read the detailed draft bill from the official PDF released by the UPSLC. A link to the official pdf is provided in the section below.
UP Population Control Bill – Important Links
|Check Here||UPSLC Official Website|
|Official UP Population Control Bill Pdf||Check Here|
|Get the Latest Updates Here||NVSHQ Homepage|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the UP Population Control Bill?
It is a bill proposed by the present government of the state to promote a two-child policy in the state. Thus, controlling the excessive population growth. Under the bill, citizens with no more than two children are to be considered for various policies, schemes and other inclusive benefits.
What is the importance of the Population Control Bill in Uttar Pradesh?
In states like Uttar Pradesh, the importance of any such bill is more crucial than ever. The state has a population of 20.42 Crore as per the 2012 census which is now about 24.1 crore. It is also one of the most densely populated states in India. Thus, to ensure fair distribution of resources and basic facilities, controlling the population is an essential step.