UP Free Tablet Yojana 2021: Ahead of the upcoming elections in 2022, Uttar Pradesh Government has announced a new scheme i.e., UP Free Tablet Yojana for the betterment of the students of the state enrolled in various certificate, diploma, technical, and degree courses. With this scheme, the UP government is aimed to equip the students of the state with the technology so that they can excel in their studies by online learning. The scheme is exclusively for the digital empowerment of the students of the state who are not able to afford digital gadgets such as tablets and smartphones for their studies. Under this scheme, Government will distribute free tablets or smartphones to the students for their studies.
The government is going to provide tablets and smartphones to the more than 68 lakh eligible students of the state. Students are going to get free digital access to various services that will be beneficial for them in their studies. Along with the distribution of free tablets and smartphones, UP Government will also be provided financial assistance to prepare for three competitive examinations. It is a state government scheme and Yogi Government has sanctioned a budget of 3000 crores for the Uttar Pradesh Free tablet distribution scheme.
Update: In the first phase, the government distributes tablets to students of UG 2nd/3rd year and PG 2nd year on 25 December 2021.
UP Free Tablet Yojana
The scheme was announced in the supplementary budget speech by CM Yogi Adityanath in the month of August and the approval/ Government Order (GO)/Shashanadesh was released on 6th October 2021. The Government has appointed DESCO (Uttar Pradesh Development Systems Corporation Ltd) as the nodal agency for the purchase of devices for the scheme and has also formed a committee of experts for the scheme. The Government will purchase the tablets and smartphones for the scheme from the GeM portal of the Government of India. The government has also included the male health workers of the Health Department and trainees under Community Health Officers (CHO) in this scheme.
As per the recent news reports, Government will start distribution of tablets/ smartphones by December 2021. However, the government has not started the registration process yet. As per the Government Order (GO), a new web portal will be formed for the implementation of the scheme in which all the data and information will be recorded and updated on a timely basis. The registration process will be started soon. The entire registration process will be an online process.
Highlights of UP Free Tablet Scheme
|Name of the scheme||UP Free Yojana 2021|
|Concerned Authority||Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Nodal Authority||UP DESCO (Uttar Pradesh Development Systems Corporation Ltd)|
|Implementing Department||To be notified soon|
|Scheme Type||State Government funded scheme|
|Announced on||18th August 2021|
|Issue of Shashnadesh (GO)||5th October 2021|
|Purpose||To distribute free tablets and smartphone smartphones to the students of UP|
|Total No. of Beneficiaries||68,30,837 students|
|Target Beneficiaries||Uttar Pradesh Students|
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Official Registration portal||To be available soon|
UP Free Tablet Yojana Scheme 2021: Timeline
|Announcement date||18th August 2021|
|Release of Government Order (GO) of the scheme||6th October 2021|
|Date of opening of online registration||–|
|Date of closing of online registration||–|
|Date of tablet distribution||25 December 2021|
Number of Identified Youth & Other Beneficiaries
The government has decided to provide tablets and smartphones to students enrolled under various programs. In GO the Government has released a list of the number of beneficiaries that has been identified for the scheme enrolled under various programs. Check the course-wise number of beneficiaries identified for the scheme given as under-
|Course/ Qualification||No. of beneficiaries|
|Trainee (Currently enrolled) under Skill Development Dept.||500000|
|Trainee (Pass out) under Skill Development Dept.||300000|
|Technical Education (Degree program)||195022|
|Technical Education (Dip. program)||229703|
|ITI (Industrial Training Institute) trainees||129000|
|Paramedical & Nursing||171180|
|Workers registered under Seva Mitra portal||100000|
Who is eligible for the scheme?
The scheme is for the students of the state registered under various programs. To avail of the benefits of the scheme, one should satisfy all the eligible guidelines specified by the government. Check the basic eligibility conditions
- Both female and female students are eligible for the scheme.
- The scheme is only for the students of Uttar Pradesh.
- Students studying in ITIs, Technical Education (degree and diploma), Medical Edu., Skill Development programs (Enrolled & Pass-out), Nursing and Paramedical can register.
- Workers having Seva Mitra registration card
- Make health workers under Health Dept. and CHO trainees
- Applicants registered under any MSME Schemes
- Applicants (except students) who have already availed benefits of getting tablets/ smartphones under any other program of the government.
How to register for UP Free Tablet Yojana 2021?
The registration process is likely to start soon. Those who are interested in applying can take a look at the registration details mentioned below-
- Registration process will start soon.
- Students for this scheme will be selected by the Head of the institutions and concerned departments.
- Registration process is going to be an online process.
- No offline registration process will be followed. Applications are to be filled by the concerned authority through the online portal. Online portal for registration will be made available soon.
- Once the application process will start, we will update the same information here in this page.
At the time of registration, eligible students or prospective beneficiaries must keep the original documents and other information handy. To prove the eligibility, they are to produce the respective documents and certificates. Check what all documents are required
- UP Domicile/ Residential proof
- Qualification Certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Income Proof, as applicable
- ID Card (Health Dept. workers and CHO trainee)
- Seva Mitra Card
- Training Certificate, as applicable
- Aadhaar Card/ Government ID
- College Id
- Passport Sized photograph
- Other relevant documents and certificates
|UP Government portal||up.gov.in|
|UP Free Tablet Scheme official website||–|
Hope the information shared in this article was informative and helpful to our readers. In case you have queries regarding UP Free Tablet Yojana you can let us know through the comment section. Our team is always ready to take your queries.