Punjab Ration Card 2020: The Ration card is issued by the Civil Department of Punjab Government. The Ration Card is a very important document and through the ration card, the citizens can have essential commodities at subsidized prices. In the country, every state has its own ration card. In this, we will be discussing the Punjab Smart Ration Card 2020. Those citizens who do not have the ration card can follow our page as we have mentioned all the important information regarding the online filling, Beneficiary list, etc. Of the Punjab State Smart Ration Card 2020. ਪੰਜਾਬ ਰਾਸ਼ਨ ਕਾਰਡ
Update: Due to Lockdown and coronavirus, the Ration card holders will be provided 5 kg Wheat, 5Kg rice, 1 kg free pulse for next 3 months under PMGKY scheme 2020.
Through the smart ration card, the citizens can avail of the essential commodities such as rice, grains, sugar, etc. at a very low price. In addition, through the smart card, the citizens can have the benefits of various government schemes. Through our page, we advise the resident of the state of Punjab to avail of the Ration card. The process is very simple and could be easily done by the people.
Please refer to the article to have important information regarding Punjab Ration Smart Card 2020.
Punjab Smart Ration Card 2020
The government of Punjab has introduced a smart ration card for the local resident of Punjab state and the have taken the initiative to help the poor citizens of the state. The state government has introduced the AAY and the PHH Ration Cards. The AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) under AAY scheme the poorest among the BPL families are selected while under the PHH (Priority Households) NFSA claims right to receive food-grains at subsidized prices by persons belonging to eligible households, that is Priority House Holds (PHH) under Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS). Through the scheme, the ration cardholder can have the food grains and various other essential commodities under a subsidized price.
The ratio card is also used for various other verification identities. An individual applying for the gas connection, electricity connection, etc. has to show the ration card to avail of the facilities. Therefore, the ration card has multiple uses in common life. We advise to every individual to avail of the ration card. In this article, we have mentioned the complete details of the Smart Ration card, Eligibility, How to apply, Beneficiary list and much more. Scroll down the passage and have a look over to the easiest way to apply for the Punjab Smart Ration Card 2020.
The smart ration card details through the National Food Security Portal stating about the No. of current ration card in the state of Punjab. Please refer to the details.
|Ration Card||Total Number of Ration Card|
|Total Number of Ration Card||34,62,768|
Punjab Ration Card 2020 Key Features
The key feature of the Punjab Ration Card is mentioned below. The key features will help you to know the importance of the Ration Card. Please refer to the essential features of the Ration Card 2020.
|Providing food grains to poor and needy||The main motive of the government to provide the ration card is to make avaialable the necessary comodities such as the food grains, atta and dal at low price. This will make them independent as they will not depend on others for basic needs and they do not stay empty stomach.|
|Sending grains directly to homes||The beneficiaries do not have to worry to stand in the long queues for the ration commodities as the government will provide the grains directly to the homes.|
|Grains at low rates||The beneficiaries under this scheme will get the essential comodities at a vey low prise compared to the comodities sold in the provisional stores.|
|Smart cards will be issues||Previously, the government issues the blue ration card to the beneficiary. Now, the government has decided to provide the beneficiaries with the smart card. This will discard the tradition of the ration booklet provided to the beneficiaries.|
|Amount of pulses to be distributed||The entitlement of 2.5kg pulses will be given to the each smart card holding household according to the scheme.|
|Number of beneficiaries||Currently, the government is focussing on the scheme to reach the maximum people and more people enroll in the scheme. The Ration Card scheme has reached around 33 lakhs of beneficiaries availing of this scheme. |
|Cost of wheat under the scheme||The beneficiaries have to pay 2 rupee per kg of wheat they purchase through the fair shops.|
|Part of the Food Security Act||This scheme is part of the food security act established in 2013. The aim is to provide essential commodities at a fair price.|
|Authority||Department of Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Category||Punjab Ration card, Smart Ration Card Scheme |
ਪੰਜਾਬ ਰਾਸ਼ਨ ਕਾਰਡ
|Ration Card||Apply Here|
|Ration Card Search (RC No.)||Click Here|
|Punjab Ration Card Beneficiary Details||Click Here|
|Ration Card Search (Aadhar Card)||Click Here|
|Addition, Change, and Deletion of Name in Ration Card||View PDF|
Types Punjab Smart Ration Card (ਪੰਜਾਬ ਰਾਸ਼ਨ ਕਾਰਡ)
State Government of Punjab will be issuing the Smart Ration Card to the citizens of Punjab. The basic eligibility to avail of the Ration Card is to be a permanent resident of the state of Punjab. The state government issues the following ration card to the individual.
Check Here >>> Kerala Plus Two Result 2020
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
Under the AAY scheme, the poorest among the BPL families are eligible. The beneficiaries under the AAY will get 35-40 Kg of essential commodities for a very low price as compared to the local market.
Released Here >> MBOSE HSSLC Result 2020 date
Priority Household (PHH)
Under the PHH scheme, the families above the BPL can apply. There is also an income slab to apply to this scheme. We will notify you as the number of essential commodities is available.
Check Here >>> TN 12th public Result 2020 Date
Essential Eligibility for Punjab Ration Card
- The beneficiary should be from the state of Punjab.
- It is mandatory to have the Aadhar Card of the beneficiary applying for the Scheme.
- The head of the family or the beneficiary should have an account in the bank.
- To register for the scheme, the beneficiary should have the passport size photo of the family and some basic documents revealing their age.
- The beneficiary applying for the scheme can have only one ration card. If there is a ration card on his/her name, first they have to surrender the card and then apply for the fresh ration card.
- The applicant must have to qualify for the income slabs under the AAY and PHH Schemes.
Essential Documents Required for the Smart Ration Card 2020
Applicants applying for the Smart Ration Card 2020 have to produce the list of the document so that the authority can verify the information provided by the applicant. Therefore, for the sake of the applicant, we have mentioned the details of the essential document required for the Smart Ration Card 2020.
- Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Residential certificate, Water, Electricity or Telephone Bill
- Rent Receipt for the applicant leaving on Rent.
- Surrender Certificate should be provided from transfer to one town to another.
- In case of surrender of the ration card, the previous ration card is to be attached to the supporting document.
- For the applicant working in the government/private firm certificate of residence address and the total number of the members in the family to be provided.
- For people working in Registered Industrial Institutions –Residence certificate and number of members by Institutional Head or Reporting Officer
- For students in Urban Area – Certificate for taking education and residential address by Institutional Head
- Two passport-sized photographs of Family Head and the one passport size pic of the family.
- The PAN Card is to be provided by the head of the family.
NFSA Punjab Ration Card Scheme 2020
- The total number of beneficiaries are 1.42 Crore.
- The eldest woman in the household, 18 years or above, is the head of the household for the issuance of the ration card.
- The price of the wheat will be distributed among the beneficiaries at a rate of Rs 2/kg.
- The Biannual entitlement of wheat will be given at one go.
- The beneficiary are re-duplicated based on Aadhar.
- The distribution is under the NFSA and if the consumer do not get his entitlement, they can directly approach to the Consumer Court for complain.
- The delivery of the wheat will be done in 30kg standard packing.
How to apply for the Punjab Ration Card 2020
The applicant who is going to apply for the Ration card must go through the passage in which we have started the process to enroll for the scheme. The applicant can apply for the ration through the online and offline medium. Currently, online is not available. However, the authority will very soon launch it on the official portal. Please refer to the process to apply for the Punjab Smart Ration Card 2020.
Through Online Medium
Jald aane wala hai CBSE Board 10th Results 2020
- To avail for the ration card the applicant has to visit the official portal of the page of the Authority @ punjab.gov.in.
- Now, please click on the Citizen login on the page.
- If you have not registered, then click on the New User Link.
- After successful registration, the applicant has to update the profile by entering basic details about them.
- Now, click on the Fresh Application link.
- The services will appear on the screen, click on the Apply button on the ration card.
- Now, fill the application form. Carry important documents stated above.
- Now, click on the saved application and upload the supporting documents.
- Submit the application and note the Acknowledgement Number from the page.
- The authority will verify your details and then it can be collected from the nearest Fair Price Shop in your locality.
Through Offline Medium
- The applicant has to visit the officials of the Epds Punjab Department and ask them for the application form of the Ration Card.
- Now, please enter your details in the application form i.e. Name, Address, Family Details, Source of Income, etc.
- Now, attach the supporting documents to the application form.
- After, successful completion of form filling submits it to the office of the department.
- Please do not forget to receive the Acknowledgement Number from the counter where you have submitted the form.
- You have to pay a nominal fee to the counter prescribed by the government for the process of ration card.
- The applicant can receive the ration from the department within 15-20 working days after the submission of the application form.
How to check the Punjab Ration Card Status 2020
The applicant after the successful completion of the form filling can check the status of their ration card through following the simple steps given in the passage below.
- Visit the official website of the Government of Punjab @ punjab.gov.in.
- The homepage of the official page will appear on the screen.
- Navigate to the Ration Card Search Section on the homepage.
- Now, enter the aadhar number and enter the report number.
- Now, click on the submit button.
- The applicants can easily check their name; download/print the Ration Card to avail the benefits of subsidized food at nearby Ration Shops.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pregnant women and lactating mothers are entitled to a nutritious “take-home ration” of 600 Calories and a maternity benefit of at least Rs 6,000 for six months.
The eldest woman in the household, 18 years or above, is the head of the household for the issuance of the ration card.
The applicant can apply through the online and offline medium. Please refer to the article as we have mentioned all the details regarding how to apply for the fresh Ration card
The price of wheat is Rs 2/kg.
In the article, we have provided the direct link to download the Beneficiary list for the Punjab Ration Card. Please refer to the article to redirect to the beneficiary list.
The entitlement of 2.5kg pulses will be given to each smart card holding household according to the scheme.