CSC AYUSHMAN BHARAT YOJNA 2020 | National Health Protection scheme | PMJAY-Ayushman Bharat | PRADHAN MANTRI JAN AROGYA YOJANA Beneficiary list | Hospital list | Application status @ pmjay.gov.in | Ayushman Bharat Card
Due to the lack of Government medical infrastructure, and healthcare facilities, most families cannot afford the high cost of treatment at private hospitals and healthcare centers. To solve this issue, an innovatative had taken by the Government of India which was named as PMJAY Ayushman Bharat scheme. The scheme is called Ayushman Bharat Yojna, under pradhan mantri jan arogya yojana. This scheme was launched with an aim to to provide medical aid and health facilities up-to 5 lakh and insurance cover to the eligible citizens of the country.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Ayushman Bharat Yojna?
- 2 Ayushman Bharat Yojna Eligibility
- 3 How to check the name in the PMJAY list 2020?
- 4 Ayushman Bharat Card Download
- 5 Process of hospitalization Under Ayushman Bharat yojna
- 6 Features and benefits of this scheme
- 7 Challenges faced while implementation of Ayushman Bharat Yojna
- 8 States without the ayushman Bharat yojna
What is Ayushman Bharat Yojna?
Ayushman Bharat Yojna is one of the biggest healthcare programs in the world. It basically includes health insurance of rupees 5 Lakh per family every year. This scheme covers upto 10 crore families of the country. This scheme is not only for the poor but for deprived rural families too. While going through the Socio-Economic Caste Census data of the year 2011, we came to know that there are 8.03 crore families in rural areas and 2.33 crore families in urban areas and all these families will be covered under PMJAY scheme.
PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojna subsumes the former Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) that was launched in the year 2008 by the government of UPA. There are no boundaries in family size and age. The scheme is cashless and paperless at public hospitals and impaneled private hospitals. It will be covering medication, hospitalization and post hospitalization expenses for almost all secondary care and tertiary care procedures. Around 1400 packages are included in PMJAY scheme including come of the expensive treatments such as knee replacements, coronary bypass, stenting and many more.
Ayushman Bharat Yojna Eligibility
To avail the benefit of this scheme, it is compulsory for all the people to check their names in the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC)-2011 data. By this they can confirm whether their family is listed under the scheme i.e. eligible or not. Only those families are entitled to avail the benefits whose names are listed in the SECC database. In addition to this, families having an active RSBY card as on 28th February are also eligible.
Women, girl child and senior citizens will be given priority under this scheme. There is no cap for family size and age of the family members. Eligible beneficiary can avail the services across the nation. However, it is compulsory for all the beneficiaries to have their names enlisted in the SECC database or have an active RSBY card.
Eligible Rural Beneficiaries under PMJAY include Families falling under any of the given 6 deprivation criteria (D1 to D5 and D7) & automatic inclusion-
- D1- Only one room with Kuccha roof and Kuccha walls.
- D2- Family with no adult member between the age group from 16 to 59 years.
- D3- Households with no adult male member between ages 16 to 59.
- D4- Household with no able-bodied adult member and disabled member.
- D5- SC/ST households.
- D7- Landless households earning a major part of their family income from manual labour.
Urban Beneficiaries includes workers of following occupational categories-
- Domestic worker
- Home-based worker/ Artisan/ Handicrafts worker/ Tailor Sweeper/ Sanitation worker/ Mali
- Street vendor/ Cobbler/hawker / other service provider working on streets
- Construction worker/ Plumber/ Mason/ Labour/ Painter/ Welder/ Security guard/ Coolie and other head-load worker
- Electrician/ Mechanic/ Assembler/ Repair worker
- Transport worker/ Driver/ Conductor/ Helper to drivers and conductors/ Cart puller/ Rickshaw puller
- Washer-man/ Chowkidar
- Shop worker/ Assistant/ Peon in small establishment/ Helper/Delivery assistant / Attendant/ Waiter
To check AYUSHMAN BHARAT HOSPITAL LIST – Click here
How to check the name in the PMJAY list 2020?
In order to check whether a person is eligible for ABY or not one has to check his/her name in the SECC list. People can check their names in the beneficiary list by various methods. These methods include-
- Common Service Centres (CSC)- Beneficiaries can check their eligibility by visiting the nearby Common Service Centres. Apart from these CSCs, beneficiaries can also collect the information form the impaneled hospitals.
- Helpline No.- The second method is the helpline numbers. The government has also provided helpline no. to help the beneficiaries. They can call and contact the customer care centers for help. The helpline numbers are-
- 14555 & 1800111565
- Online Method- The last and very popular method is the online methods. Beneficiaries have to visit the official website of NHA (National Health Authority) for Ayushman Bharat Yojna.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana List Online Check
- Beneficiaries have to start by visiting https://mera.pmjay.gov.in.
- They have to click on the “Am I Eligible” tab on the homepage.
- Now they have to enter their mobile no. and captcha code in provided fields.
After entering the mobile no. and captcha code OTP will be generated and beneficiaries have to enter this OTP in the space provided.
- Beneficiaries have to select their state and category by which they want to search.
They can either search by name, by mobile no., by Ration card no., or by HHD number. After selecting the category, they have to enter the required information such as mobile no (search by mobile no.), Ration card no. (in case of selecting search by ration card no.), name, father’s name, mother’s name, spouse’s name, gender, age, area, district, town/village, pin code (search by name), and HHD no.
Once the beneficiaries have filled the required details they have to click the “Search”, button and result appear on the screen. If the name of the beneficiary will be there in the list, then it will also be reflected on the screen and vice-versa.
If you cannot see your name in the list then candidates have to visit the near CSC center for registration under this scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Card Download
- Age proof document: It is required as proof to ensure whether the person is responsible enough to enroll his or her family in this scheme or not. However, everyone can be a part of this scheme but the enrollment can only be done by adults member who is the bread earner of the family.
- Identification Details: To be enrolled in this scheme, applicants are required to produce their identification details as well. They can use their Aadhar card and PAN card as a source for identification.
- Contact information: to contact a person, their contact information such as mobile number, address, and email are also needed.
- Family Structure: the Family structure is to be mentioned while enrolling for this scheme. By family structure, it means whether the family is joint or nuclear.
- Income Certificate: by income certificate, it means the annual income of a person. People will be getting the benefits as per the prescribed annual income criteria i.e. maximum income being 5 lakh per year.
- Caste certificate: people belonging to the reserved category will need their caste certificate as to enjoy other benefits introduced for them under this scheme.
Process of hospitalization Under Ayushman Bharat yojna
Under this scheme, a person is not required to pay any premium, charges, or fees for the expenses incurred during or after hospitalization. This scheme not only covers the expenses arising before or during hospitalization but also the post-hospitalization expenses.
The hospitals, which have been impanelled under Ayushman Bharat Yojna, will have “Ayushman Mitra” to assist patients who will coordinate with the hospital’s beneficiary so as to cut the expenses. These “ayushman Mitra” will have a help desk and will be verifying documents, eligibility and the enrolment scheme for you. Beneficiaries will be given letters with QR codes.
Further, the scanning and authentication of this QR code are conducted for identification and verification of the eligibility of people for this scheme so that they can avail the benefits.
The best thing about this scheme is that it is active across the nation and the enrolled families can avail cashless benefits from any private or public hospitals anywhere in the country.
Features and benefits of this scheme
- The enrolled people can get their treatment done from empanelled public as well as private hospitals.
- The benefits cover provided is of rupees 5 lakh per year for families enrolled.
- The treatment is available all across the nation except for the states that opted out from Ayushman Bharat Yojna.
- The treatment under this scheme does not require a single rupee and is absolutely free of cost.
- The scheme covers nearly 40% of the population among the poorest and the vulnerable.
- The coverage provided that is of 5 lakhs, is for the entire family regardless of the family size.
- Under Ayushman Bharat Yojna, more than 1.5 health and wellness centers will be established according to the latest SECC or Socio-Economic Caste Census data.
Challenges faced while implementation of Ayushman Bharat Yojna
This scheme no doubt is the best scheme for a country like India where health and treatment have always been an serious issue. It is the biggest scheme under which the best treatment is given to the enrolled family with the zero usage of money. Since it is a huge plan, its implementation faced many problems. Some of the problems related to the implementation of this scheme are mentioned below.
Some states like Punjab and Telangana did not immediately accept the proposal, instead asked for time. This may lead to political fallout as these states have their own different health insurances. Taking the example of Rajasthan, it runs its own Bhamashah scheme which has been enlisted as one of the most “successful scheme” in terms of health insurances.
The funds allocated in Union Budget was of rupees 2,000 crore. The CEO of Ayushman Bharat, Dr. Indu Bhushan said that 6,000 to 8,000 crore more will be required.
Technology has to be integrated at each level of this scheme. Health call centers and tele-medicines have to be introduced which could lead to an efficient run for this scheme.
*** Check kab ara hai PSEB 8th Class Result 2020 Yaha pe ***
It would be a little difficult for the government to ensure whether the scheme has reached to every part of the village or not. The government would have to look for the hospitals nearby or have to establish one if there is not any hospital.
The primary aim of this scheme is to strengthen primary healthcare, which is hindering our country to rise up. Secondly, its aim is to financially protect people of India from the expenditure incurred during the treatment and hospitals. This is surely a great step for India to enlist itself in the disease-free countries. Apart from that, a good healthcare facility in the country would ultimately drive citizen to a brighter and successful future. Altogether, this scheme could do wonders when implemented with great honesty and set a milestone in the field of medication and hospitalization.
States without the ayushman Bharat yojna
Some states have opted out this scheme. At present there are three states where ABY not implemented. These states include Telangana, Odisha and West Bengal. Since these states claim that they have a better scheme regarding the health, they opted out of Ayushman Bharat Yojna. The central government is mistrusted; this may be a reason for them to be out of it. These states claim that they have better cashless insurance schemes already present and running in their states.
By their refusal of this proposal, enrolled people transferring to one of these states would suffer as the people would not be getting any benefit of Ayushman Bharat Yojna living in there. Such people ultimately enroll out or possibly shift from the place.
PMJAY- Ayushaman Bharat Scheme
India is a developing country and it is progressing day by day in terms of technology, productivity and of course in terms of art. The people of India especially the youth are enthusiastic and have the energy to make their dreams come true.
In a country which is positively bringing in the glories and proceeding to make its name from “developing” to “developed” is somewhere lagging behind in terms of healthcare. According to a study, India had an estimate of 22.2 million chronic COPD patients and around 35 Million chronic asthma patients in 2016. 26 percent of death occurs due to cardiovascular diseases.
A large number of people die in India because they cannot afford the fees of treatment and hence choose to give up on life. Though science and medicines have become so advanced and developed, people are still dying just because they are not well off.
They are not affluent enough to afford good treatment and to live a happy life. This is the main reason why a country like India is hindering back in terms of healthcare. Therefore, introduction of healthcare schemes like Ayushman Bharat in entire country is not less than a revolution in the field of healthcare in India. Those who are eligible and have not enrolled yet should apply and avail the benefit.
If you have any question related to Ayushman Bharat Yojna, Golden card marking and name in beneficiary list, then contact us below and our team will help you.