PMFBY List 2022: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) is a national level agriculture scheme funded by Central Government. It was launched in 2016 during Kharif season and is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW), Govt. of India (GoI). The scheme was launched primarily to provide assistance to the farmers of the country so that they can enhance their yield. PMFBY has been implemented in all the states and UTs of India.
PMFBY was initially launched on 18th February 2016 and in 2019 new operational guidelines were released by the Ministry for this scheme. These revamped operational guidelines were effective from the Kharif season of the year 2020.
PMFBY List 2022
PMFBY was launched with an aim to support farmers by proving them assistance to enhance their agricultural production. The objective of this centrally funded scheme is to provide assistance for sustainable production in the sector of agriculture by the method of-
(i) stabilizing farmer’s income so that they can easily continue their farming practices/ activities,
(ii) by providing financial support to those farmers who have suffered from the damage of crop or crop loss due to various unforeseen events,
(iii) to ensure regular flow of credit in this sector,
(iv) To encourage and support farmers to adopt modern and innovative techniques in the agriculture sector.
PMFBY is active in all the states and UTs of India and has completed 8 crop seasons
If you are also looking for information on PMFBY List, its registration process, and other details then do go through this article. Through this article, one can clear his/her doubts regarding this Central Govt scheme.
PMFBY List 2022: Key Information
|Name of the Scheme||Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Implementing Authority||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India|
|Type of Scheme||Central Government Scheme|
|Target Beneficiaries||Farmers of the country|
|Launch date||18th Feb 2016|
|Launched by||PM Shri Narendra Modi|
|Cut-off date of Enrolment||31st July (Kharif) 31st December (Rabi)|
|Objective||To empower Indian farmers|
|Benefit||Crop insurance at a low premium rate|
|Mode of Application/ Registration||Online and Offline|
Benefits of PMFBY
Go through the advantages of PMFBY shared below-
- Financial support is provided to all eligible farmers by the Central Government.
- Farmers are provided social and financial security.
- The farmers can take loan and get insurance for their crops under this scheme.
- The rate of premium which is to be paid by the beneficiaries against the insurance is quite low.
- In case of failure of crops due to various reasons, government will pay beneficiaries full or partial amount of the insurance.
- The scheme facilitates enhancing the income level and developing the financial conditions of the beneficiaries.
- Farmers are encouraged to maximize the use of technology to increase productivity.
- Farmers can easily clam their amount of insurance online through PMFBY portal.
beneficiaries need to pay a very less amount of premium under the scheme.
(ii) The beneficiaries will be paid the full or partial insurance amount in case of crop failure.
(iii) Under PMFBY, it is very easy to claim the insurance amount via online mode.
(iv) The scheme helps in the upliftment of the people engaged in the agriculture sector.
Take a quick look at some of the major claims made under this scheme shown in the table below-
|Andhra Pradesh||Rs. 500 Cr||Pre-sowing claims|
|Maharashtra||Rs.5000 Cr||2019 unseasonal rainfall|
|Rajasthan||Rs. 30 Cr||2019-20 locust attack|
|Haryana||Rs.100 Cr||2018 hailstorm|
As per a tweet made by the Central Govt., claims that Government has allocated a total of Rs.90000 crore insurance amount to the beneficiary farmers under PMFBY in the last four to five years.
Salient Feature of PMFBY (Revamped)
Have a look at the important features of PMFBY as per the revamped operational guidelines released by implementing authority given as under-
- Technology is used for analyzing and assessing loss.
- Capture real time data and combine all the associated stakeholders on PMFBY national portal.
- Launch of farmer’s app
- National level farmers database
- Time allotted to farmers for intimating individual claims has been increased from 48 hours to 72 hours.
- Technology fund created to support technology interference in the process of scheme implementation.
- To address various issues regarding PMFBY by the use of technology.
- PMFBY account is integrated with Land Record system of State Government
The implementation and operation of PMFBY are carried out by several departments and people involved. Have a look at the list of all the stakeholders of PMFBY given below-
- Central Government
- State Govt & Non-Territories
- Insurance Companies
- Banks and PACs
- Common Service Centres (CSC)
Crops Covered under PMFY
There are several crops that are covered under this scheme. These crops include-
- Annual Horticultural or Annual commercial crops
- Food crops (Millets & Pulses, Cereals)
Companies providing Crop Insurance
|Bajaj Allianz||Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company|
|Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd.||Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.|
|ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd.||Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd.|
|SBI General Insurance||United India Insurance Company|
|HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.||IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company Ltd.|
|Agriculture Insurance Company||Universal Sompo General Insurance Company|
Amount provided under PMFY
The beneficiaries of PMFBY are provided a specific amount of money for a particular crop. Check the insured amount assigned for different types of crops covered under this central level scheme shown in the table below-
|Wheat||Rs.27300.12 per Acre|
|Millet||Rs.16799.33 per Acre|
|Cotton||Rs.34650.02 per Acre|
|Maize||Rs.17849.89 per Acre|
|Gram||Rs.13650.06 per Acre|
|Grain||Rs.35699.78 per Acre|
|Sunflower||Rs.17849.89 per Acre|
|Barley||Rs.17849.89 per Acre|
|Mustard||Rs.18375.17 per Acre|
- Difference Between OBC Creamy and Non-Creamy
- How to Create Resume Online
- Highest Paying Jobs in India
- Check PAN Card Status
- Check Aadhar Card Status
- Work From Home Jobs Without Investment
- Short Term Courses After 12th
- PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Fastag Recharge Online
- Khelo India Registration
PM Fasal Bima Yojana Eligibility
PM Crop Insurance Scheme is meant only for eligible farmers. They must check the eligibility requirements before proceeding with the application process. Check the eligibility details given as under-
- Only farmers of the country are eligible for this scheme.
- Farmers should not be already taking benefit from any other insurance scheme related to farming.
- Farmers should be having agricultural land or working on agricultural land.
At the time of application for this scheme, applicant farmers should be having all the necessary documents with them. The list of important documents can be viewed from the list shared below-
- Aadhaar card of the family
- Farmer’s id card
- Ration Card of the family
- Bank details- Passbook
- Proof residence/ Address farmer (such as driving license, voter ID Card, passport)
- A photocopy of land agreement if it is a rented land
- Details of farm- Account number/ Khasra No. paper
- Photograph of applicant
- Date of beginning of sowing of crop by the farmer
How to Apply for PMFBY Crop Insurance?
Application for PMFBY crop insurance can be made through various methods. Farmers can either apply by self-using the official portal or by visiting the authorities designated for submitting applications by the implementing authorities.
In this section, we have shared both online and offline process for PMFBY Crop insurance. Check the details shared below-
Online Process (Self)
If farmers wish to apply on their own, then they can apply online by following the simple instructions given below-
- Step 1- Begin with opening the official website of PMFBY. You can get the official portal link from the quick links section below.
- Step 2- On opening the official portal, you will be landed on the homepage. Now, click on “Apply for crop insurance by yourself” tab under Farmer corner to apply for the scheme.
- Step 3- A new page will open. Click on “Guest Farmer” link for new register.
- Step 4- A registration form will open. Fill Farmer’s details such as name, relative name, age, mobile no., gender, farmer type, category, farmer’s account details. Once all the details are filled click on “Create User” button.
- Step 5- Once registration process is complete, login details are sent to farmers. Keep these details safe for further logins.
Those who are not able to apply online, can apply offline by visiting-
- Nearest CSCs/ VLEs
- Nearest Banks/ PACs
- Intermediary/ Agents
Farmers have to visit any of the aforementioned authorities. Then they have to ask for farmer’s registration for crop insurance. They have to provide all the details correctly and the required documents. After submission, they must have to take the acknowledgment slip and the registration process will be completed.
How to check PMFBY List/ Application Status?
After successful registration, farmers can also check their application status using the online portal. They can follow the simple instructions given below-
- Go to the official website.
- Click on “Application Status” link given on the homepage.
- Enter the receipt no. and captcha code in the space provided and proceed ahead.
- Finally, application status will open.
Premium Rate and Subsidy
In this section, you will be getting information about the insurance premium rates to be paid by the farmers for each crop season. Farmers have to pay a partial amount (which is fixed by the govt.) of the premium as the remaining amount is borne by the Government itself.
|Crop Season||Crop||Premium rates to be paid by the beneficiary|
|Kharif||Food Grain & Oilseed crops||1.5 % of Sum Insured/ Actuarial Rate|
|Rabi||Food Grain & Oilseed crops||2 % of Sum Insured/ Actuarial Rate|
|Rabi and Kharif||– Annual horticultural or commercial crops|
– Perennial horticultural or commercial
crops (pilot basis)
|5 % of sum Insured / Actuarial Rate|
|PMFBY official portal||https://pmfby.gov.in/|
|PMFBY Online Registration||Click Here|
|PMFBY Application Status||Click Here|
|PM Kisan Samman Nidhi||Click Here|
For any assistance regarding PMFBY list, you can write to the concerned authority at email@example.com
You can also submit your technical grievances by clicking on the respective link provided on the official portal.
For issues regarding this article, do write us in the comment section below.