PM Yuva 2.0 Yojana for Writers: To commemorate India’s 75th glorious years of Independence and to foster the NEP (National Education Policy) goal to create and provide a learning ecosystem to the young minds of India, PM Modi has announced a scheme called Young, Upcoming, and Versatile Authors (YUVA) scheme. On 2nd October 2022, the second part of the scheme i.e., Yuva 2.0 was launched.
This scheme is for young age people who are below 30 and think that they are excellent and versatile writers who can share his/her thoughts on different themes, mainly about freedom fighters, unsung heroes of India, unknown and forgotten places of India, etc,
Through this PM YUVA 2.0 scheme, a total of 75 candidates will be shortlisted, and they will be trained by NBT (National Book Trust) of India in two phases.
To learn more about the PM YUVA 2.0 scheme and the process of submitting an entry for the scheme, read this article.
PM YUVA 2.0 Yojana for Writers
On Gandhi Jayanti 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming, and Versatile Authors). The scheme is a mentorship scheme to train young authors of India so that they can express themselves and project Indian culture and Literature across the globe. Through this scheme, the Ministry of education will shortlist 75 aspiring writers and train them under the guidance of NBT.
Under the mentorship program of this scheme, the shortlisted writers will receive a consolidated scholarship of Rs 50,000/- per month per writer for the next six months.
Overview of PM Yuva 2.0 Yojana for Writers
|Scheme name||YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming, and Versatile Authors)|
|Announced on||2nd October 2022|
|Department||Ministry of Education|
|Scheme for||Young aspiring writers|
|Scheme benefits||Rs 50000/- scholarship per month|
|Number of authors selected||75|
|Duration of contest registration|
|First Book Publication|
|Who can Apply?||Any Indian Individual less than 30 years of age|
What is the main aim of the PM YUVA 2.0 scheme?
By launching this scheme, the Ministry of Education is looking to create a pool of young authors who are ready to express Indian Culture and Literature at International forums and to promote reading, writing, and book culture in the country.
Eligibility for PM YUVA 2.0 Scheme
There are no hard and fast eligibility criteria to apply for the scheme, but the applicant needs to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria: –
- Only Indian Nationals can apply for the scheme.
- The age of the applicant should be less than 30 years.
- Applicants who have qualified PM Yuva cannot apply for the Yuva 2.0 scheme.
Benefits of PM YUVA 2.0 Scheme
- Shortlisted candidates will get to learn from the eminent writers of India
- Sharpen their skills and understanding by attending various international events
- Get a scholarship of Rs 50K for six months.
- The on-book publication will get a 10% royalty.
PM YUVA 2.0 Scheme Topics
The topic is Democracy, so it will be based on topics like:
- Constitutional Values
What will be the Selection procedure for the PM YUVA 2.0 scheme?
- After submitting entries through an All India Contest at My Gov, a total of 75 authors will be selected, and for this, a committee will be formed by NBT.
- Candidates writing, way of expressing and other form factors will be checked.
- On behalf of entries and manuscripts submitted, a committee will shortlist candidates.
- The committee will judge the candidate’s manuscript on whether it has potential so that a proper book can be published or developed on this or not.
- After taking care of such criteria, the winner list will be disclosed
- The winner will be trained by a mentor who will help them prepare the final manuscript for final selection.
- The winner’s entries will be readied for publication, and the book may be published afterwards.
Post Process of Selection for PM YUVA 2.0 Scheme
After the selection of the authors, they will be trained in two phases of 3 months each, whose details are given here: –
Phase I Training
First, a two-week online program will be organized for the shortlisted candidates. During this period, they will be trained by two eminent authors from the NBT panel.
After completing this 2-week long online program, candidates will be trained for another two weeks at various online or on-site camps organized by NBT.
Phase II Training
In this phase, the young authors will get an opportunity to be a part of international events such as literary festivals, virtual book fairs, cultural exchange programs, etc., where they can dilate their understanding and sharpen their skills.
Post Process of Training Period
After completing training, NBT will publish a series of books written by the writers.
To exchange the culture and literature of the state, such books will also be translated into other Indian languages so that they may reach out to the maximum audience of India and will also promote Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
Disbursement of scholarship
Once the phase II mentorship program of authors is completed, they will receive a consolidated scholarship amount of Rs 50k per month, which means 3 Lakh Rs to be paid per author.
Royalty under the PM YUVA 2.0 scheme
After the end of the mentorship, if your book has been selected for publication and successfully published, then the author of that book will receive a royalty of 10%.
How do I apply for PM YUVA 2.0 Yojana for writers?
If you are keen to participate in this contest, you can submit your entries on or before 30th November 2022. The detailed process for the YUVA 2.0 scheme is given below: –
- First, you need to visit the official website of My GOV.
- Once you reach the same, select the YUVA mentoring scheme for young authors links available on the home page.
- This link will take you to a new page where you will complete information about the PM YUVA 2.0 scheme we discussed above.
- Here you need to press the “Click here to submit” tab
- A login page will appear to you, if you have already registered on the My GOV page, then you can log in with the same registration ID otherwise, you need to first register in the portal whose process is discussed below.
My Gov Registration Process
- You can register directly with the portal through your social media account for example Facebook, Google ID, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Git Hub but if you don’t have the same then follow the process given below
- Tap the register now tab
- Enter your name, Email ID, Mobile Number, DOB, and gender
- Press the Create New Account tab
- You can also register by simply sending a text message (whose details are given in the image below)
- After this, your details will be verified first and for this, an OTP will be sent on your mobile number and email ID which you need to enter in the box.
- On successful verification, a password will be sent to your mobile number which will be used for login.
- Enter the mobile or Email Id and password to log in
- Now you are ready to submit your entries for the PM YUVA 2.0 scheme.
Submit PM YUVA Entry Submission Process
- After login, press the “Click here to submit tab.”
- The submission form will appear on your screen.
- Name and other details submitted during the registration process fields will be pre-filled, but you need to submit some other fields, such as
- Education qualification
- Prior writing experience (If any)
- The language you choose for your entry
- The topic of your entry
- Now, the topic you choose submit its manuscript, whose word count should be 10,000
- The file you upload should be in PDF format.
- At last, press the choice to submit
- And your entry for the PM YUVA 2.0 scheme will be submitted
Note: Fields which is marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory to be filled.
Where to submit the PM YUVA writer’s application form?
Its application is available at mygov.in.
Is it compulsory for all to upload the manuscript in the application form?
Yes, all applicants need to upload a PDF file of their manuscript, which should be at least 10,000 words long.