Kisan Credit Card 2020: KCC (किसान क्रेडिट कार्ड योजना) scheme is an innovative scheme of Government of India to help the farmers of the country. Farmers are issued Kisan Credit Card so that they can easily avail KCC loan from any of the banks at low-interest rates for meeting their agricultural needs. The interest in KCC loan can be as low as 2%. किसान क्रेडिट कार्ड
Update: As it is visible that the country is going through the tough time due to the wake of corona and therefore all the industrial/agricultural/ financial operations etc. across the country are inactive due to the lockdown. This has brought economic crises and has adversely affected the financial conditions of the citizens especially poor and farmers. So, to provide relief to the people/ institutions of t country, RBI has announced to provide a moratorium of next three months on all the loan repayments. Therefore, all the farmers having Kisan Credit cards, who have taken the loan against it, also have been covered under this corona relief package. Check details below.
जैसा कि आप सभी जानते हैं कि देश को कोरोना की वजह से कठिन समय का सामना करना पड़ रहा है और इसलिए देश भर में सभी औद्योगिक / कृषि संचालन बंद हैं। देश के लोगों / संस्थानों को राहत देने के लिए, RBI ने सभी ऋण चुकौती पर तीन महीने की मोहलत देने की घोषणा की है। इसलिए केसीसी वाले सभी किसानों को भी इस कोरोना राहत के तहत कवर किया गया है।
RBI की इस राहत पहल के तहत ऐसे किसान जिनके ऋण की चुकौती (केसीसी के आधार पर loan) 1 मार्च 2020 से 31 मई के बीच की समय अवधि के अंतर्गत है, उनको ऋण के भुगतान के तीन महीने की छूट दी गयी है। यदि कोई किसान लॉकडाउन के कारण भुगतान करने में असमर्थ है तो वह इस अवधि में भुगतान छोड़ सकता हैं।
Also Read: Aarogya Setu App [Download लिंक]
Kisan Credit Card Yojana 2020
Under this Corona relief package of RBI, farmers whose repayment is falling under the time period between1st March 2020 and 31st May 2020 can skip the payment if they wish. For more information, all the farmers required to contact their concerned bank. It is not mandatory, if any farmer is able to pay can pay it off. This relief have been provided on following types of bank loan payments-
- Bullet repayments
- Credit Card Statements
- Principal and/or interest components
- EMIs (Equated Monthly Installment)
Citizens should note that RBI has only provided an interim relief to defer the payment of interest for three months and therefore it does not implies that interest on Kisan Credit Card will be waived. After the said date, all farmers and other people have to repay the loan.
Here we have shared all the necessary details which you need to know about the Kisan Credit Card. Just go through the post and collect details on what is KCC, its benefits, new updates, how to apply for it, document required and all information relevant to it.
An Overview of KCC 2020
|Scheme||Kisan Credit Card (KCC)|
किसान क्रेडिट कार्ड योजना
|Concerned Department||Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India|
|Related Scheme||PM Kisan Samman Nidhi|
|Launch date||14th August 1998|
|Purpose||Bank loan for agriculture|
|KCC Validity||5 years|
|Official website||https://pmkisan.gov.in/ |
|RBI Corona Relief Package duration||1st March to 31st May 2020|
|KCC Application form||Click Here|
किसान क्रेडिट कार्ड योजना
KCC scheme was launched on 14th August 1998 and model of this scheme was formed by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). This scheme was launched with an aim to provide credit support to the farmers so that they can get a financial support to meet their agricultural needs. Farmers involved in Agriculture, Fisheries and Animal Husbandry are included under this scheme. Under this scheme short term loan for crops and term loan is provided.
The two types of credit is offered under this scheme i.e. Cash Credit and Term Credit (It is provided for allied activities like- land development, drip irrigation, pump sets, plantation, etc.). Since the launch of KCC scheme, government has made many revisions in it. The validity of a KCC is 5 years.
Importance of Kisan Credit Card
- Using kisan credit card, farmers can take loan from banks on low interest rates.
- KCC holders do not have to apply for loan separately for each crop.
- With the help of KCC farmers can purchase seeds, agriculture equipment, fertilizers and other assets of farming and agriculture.
- It is also helpful in reducing farmer’s debt burden.
किसान क्रेडिट कार्ड Eligibility Requirements
Kisan Credit Card is only issued to the farmers who fulfils the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the authorities. Those who wish to apply for KCC can go through eligibility requirements shared as under-
- People who are land owners cum cultivators
- All the farmers who are individual borrowers or Joint borrowers of a cultivated land and are involved in farming or allied activities like animal husbandry and fisheries.
- Self Help Groups (SHG)/ Joint Liability Groups (which also includes sharecroppers or tenant farmers)
- All the tenant farmers, oral lessees & share croppers etc.
- The farmers should be residing under the operational areas of the bank.
Document Required to get Kisan Credit Card
At the time of application for KCC, applicant farmers are required to provide following documents-
Check >>> New National Education Policy
- Duly filled-in KCC application form
- Any of the following id proof- Aadhaar Card, Voter ID card/ Driving License / PAN card / Passport etc.
- Any of the following Id proof- Voter ID card / Aadhaar card / Driving license/ Passport etc.
- Passport sized photograph of the applicant
- Land documents
- Other documents as prescribed by the bank.
Without valid documents, no Kisan credit card will be issued to the farmers.
Also check- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi List
Kisan Credit Card Indian Bank
KCC is offered by the private and public sector banks across the country. Farmers who wish to apply for KCC can visit any of the bank as per their convenience.
All the public sector banks provide KCC to eligible farmers, and these banks include–
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI)
- Cooperative banks
Also, have a look at the names of the some of the Kisan credit card indian bank private and government bank offering KCC given below-
- State Bank of India
- Bank Of India
- ICICI Bank
- Axis Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Odisha Gramya Bank
KCC Yojana Online Apply through PM Kisan portal
किसान क्रेडिट कार्ड
In order to kisan card apply online, farmers can follow the simple instructions shared below-
- Visit the official website of PM Kisan i.e. https://pmkisan.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, click on “Download KCC Form” tab.
- PDF form of KCC application form will appear.
- Print the application form.
- Fill the required details in the application form.
- Attach all the necessary documents and visit the concerned bank.
- After completing all the formalities, bank will issue Kisan credit card and on the basis of which farmer can apply for loan.
Apart from PM Kisan portal, farmers can also avail the KCC application form from http://www.agricoop.gov.in/ or directly from the bank.
KCC: How to Apply for Kisan Credit Card Online
- You need to visit the online website of respective Bank you want to apply.
- Look for loans option at the home page and then search ‘Apply for KCC’
- Now application form will open, read and fill the details correctly.
- Click submit button
- You will get an application reference number.
- Save the reference number for future reference.
KCC Links of top banks
SBI KCC Link – Apply Here
PNB KCC Link – Apply Here
Axis KCC Link – Apply Here
ICICI KCC Link – Apply Here
HDFC KCC Link – Apply Here
KCC Insurance for farmers
KCC provides personal accident insurance coverage up to Rs. 50,000 For death. And in case of accident resulting in disability Rs. 25,000
You can visit the concerned bank and apply for loan directly by using your KCC card.
No, there is no fixed rate of interest and it is decided by the concerned bank. However, RBI also keeps on checking the ceiling of rate of interest offered by the bank to the farmers.
Yes, farmers also get an insurance cover up to Rs.50,000/- in case of death and permanent disability and a cover of Rs.25,000/- for other risks.
Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture, Marine Fisheries, Poultry and Dairy.
You can use it in following areas-
As working capital for day-to-day activities
Expenses incurred in crop production
Expenses related to marketing
Expenses related to maintenance of farming equipment, assets, other activities such fisheries, dairy etc.
Investments on agriculture purpose
Yes, if you are a farmer and fulfil all the eligibility requirements, you can apply for KCC.
For this you have to submit your application. Application form can be downloaded from the link shared above. You have to visit the bank offering KCC near you and complete the process.
No, there will not be any effect on your credit rating. However, any overdue of your’s prior to said date i.e. 1st March 2020 will be reported to the concerned bureau and that may affect your credit rating.
No, RBI has only announced for deferring the payment of interest not for the waiver of loan, After, 31st May 2020, you have to pay the accrued interest due on June 30th 2020.
Kisan Credit Card Helpline Number
Toll-Free – 1800 115 526
Tolled Helpline Number – 0120-6025109/155261
Help desk Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org