Kerala Ration Card 2020 @ etso.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in: The Ration Card in Kerala is an important document issued by the Kerala Government (Civil Department) to get the benefit of the essential commodities at subsidized prices. Almost every citizen of the state bears Kerala Ration Card 2020. Those who do not have one can apply online and check application status.
The people of Kerala will get the entire essential commodity on a deep discount. It is not mandatory to all the peoples of the Kerala state to have the Kerala ration card, but the Ration card is a valid document that can be used to take advantage of many other social schemes of the state as well as the centre. The Kerala Government had launched the platform hcivilsupplieskerala.gov.in where we can gather all the necessary information related to the Kerala Ration Card.
Kerala Ration Card 2020
We request to all the people living in the state of Kerala to apply for the ration card on the official website of the Civil Department in the case if they are not having the ration card. The process to apply for the fresh Kerala Ration will be discussed in detail in the next part of the article.
The Government of Kerala has taken various initiatives to help the family belonging to the BPL (Below Poverty Line) group in terms of healthcare, pension schemes, etc. As per the census, Kerala has the highest literacy ratio in the Country. Kerala Government has launched various schemes to educate the people coming under the BPL category. There are certain parameters in Kerala by which we can determine who is under the BPL group or not are as follows:
- To eligible for the BPL category, on needs to have the Kaccha House
- The adult person of the family should not be in the range of 16 to 59
- The family should belong to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category
- The source of the income should be coming from the labor work
|Ration Card Authority||Civil Department (Government of Kerala)|
|Article Category||Kerala Ration Card|
|Application Mode||Can be done Offline as well as Online mode|
|Official Website||www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in (PDS)|
Types of the Kerala Ration Card
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana
It is given to the weaker section of the society in the state of Kerala. Under this scheme, the family will get 35kg of an essential commodity free of cost. The Commodity will include rice and wheat.
The Priority Scheme will be given to the Below Poverty Line group. In this, the 5kg of food grains will be given free of cost to all the members of the family. The food grains covered in this scheme will be 4kg rice and 1kg wheat.
- Non- Priority Subsidy
Above Poverty, Line group can avail this scheme of Kerala Government. The essential commodity covered under this scheme includes 2kg of rice to be given to all members of the family.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
Eligibility For Kerala Ration Card
Please be informed that there is a common procedure to apply for the ration card for all the states across the country. The list of eligibility criteria to apply for the new Kerala Ration Card is as follows:
- Should be a citizen of India
- The family should not possess any other card belonging to the other state.
- The applicant who is applying for the Kerala Ration Card and the members of the family must be in close relation.
Documents Required For Kerala Ration Card Application
To apply for the Kerala Ration Card Application, there is a need to submit the mandatory document at the time application. The lists of documents are shared below:
- Ration Card Application form with the applicant details.
- One photograph of the applicant for Kerala Ration Card
- A photo identity card that can be
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- Any Photo Id card issued by the Government
- Applicant Passport
- Applicant need to submit the residential proof, that can be any from the list of proof given below:
- Bank Passbook of the applicant
- Electricity Bill
- Latest Telephone/mobile phone Bill
- Rent agreement of the applicant
- Cancelled or old Ration card of the applicant
Procedure to Apply For Ration Card through Akshaya Centers Kerala
- The first step while applying for the new ration card he/she needs to visit to the nearest Akshaya Center.
- Need to submit the relevant document along with the ration card application form to the authorized person available in the center.
- If anyone is having the old Kerala Ration Card, then they need to submit it along with the application form.
- The authorized person will verify the entire document then after they will take the digital photo of the applicant.
- The applicant has to pay fees for the ration card application along with the service charges.
Way To Apply For Ration Card through TSO or DSO Office
The way to apply for the ration card can be done through the authorized TSO or DSO office:
- The applicant has to visit the office of TSO or DSO located in their area.
- Apply for the new ration card and need to pay an application fee to the officer. The fees for a new ration card application is Rs 5 and can be revised anytime by the Civil Department.
- Need to complete the application form and submit it to the officer with the relevant documents.
- Then the officer will take some time to verify the details mentioned in the ration card application.
- The maximum time required for the creation of new ration card is about 15 days.
Steps to Apply Online For Kerala Ration Card online
The Government of Kerala is providing an option to apply for the fresh/renewal ration card from the official portal of Civil Department (Government of Kerala). The steps to apply for the Kerala Ration Card Application are given below:
- Need to visit the official website of the Civil Department (Government of Kerala), www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in
- Any applicant applying for new ration card, then they need to click on the New Ration Card.
- In the case of the old ration card, then the applicant needs to provide the barcode number mentioned on the old ration card at the time of filing the application form.
- The applicant needs to fill all the information asked in the ration card application form carefully.
- Then, the applicant needs to submit the application and after the submission, he/she needs to click on the activation link.
- Once the activation process gets completed then after applicant can able to login in to the website using his/her login ID and password.
- In the case of the fresh application, the three option will be shown on the screen
- Issue of fresh ration card
- Non-inclusion and non-renewal certificate
- In the case of renewal, there will be 13 option will be displayed on the screen
- All applicants are advised to select the option carefully at the time of applying ration card applicant form.
- Applicants are advised to upload the entire necessary document in the PDF format.
- It is advised to verify each and every detail filled at the time of applying application.
- Can take the print out of the application form for future reference.
- Need to submit the application form to the TSO center along with the required documents.
- Then the applicant needs to check the status of the application through the official website of the Civil Department (Government of Kerala).
- There is need to pay the Kerala Ration Card application fees.
- After the completion of the application for the ration card; the application form will be sent to the local field verifier.
- The role of the verifier is to check the details mentioned at the time of application are correct or not.
- The inspection of the details has to be done in a 30 days’ timeframe from the date of application.
- If the application would be approved by the authorized officer, then the notification will be issued to the applicant for the successful creation of a new ration card.
- In case of the rejection, the letter would be issued to the applicant.
Procedure to Transfer Kerala Ration Card
If any ration Cardholder shifted to the other location, in that case one can apply for the transfer of the ration card by visiting to the nearest ration card center of the respective state.
- A written application has to submit with the applicable fees to the center of the ration card.
- In case of women married to the other family and moved to the husband’s house, then they can apply for the removal of the name in the old ration card and can apply for the addition of his name in the ration card of the husband’s family.
Application of Ration Card
The Ration Card is not only used to get an essential commodity at a nominal price but it is used as a national identity card. Ration Card will be used in many other schemes run by the state or central government. The Ration Card also works as an income proof.
- It is used to shows as proof while purchasing any land or property in the state of Kerala.
- It can be used an address proof at the time of applying for a loan through any nationalized bank or a financial institution.
- A person can use their ration card at the time of applying another required id card such as Pan Card, Passport, etc.
Frequently Asked Question
The family living in the state of Kerala can apply for their ration card by three ways
-The applicant can the new ration card by visiting the Akshaya Center located to their jurisdiction.
-They can approach the TSO or DSO office in order to apply for the fresh ration card and can also apply for the modification in the ration card.
-The Applicant can also apply through the online portal of the Civil Department of Kerala.
The ways to apply for the duplicate ration card are given below:
-If the resident of the Kerala State had lost their ration card and unable to recover it form their house then they can apply for the duplicate ration card from the TSO or DSO center situated on their areas.
-In the case of lost/stolen of ration card, the applicant must file an FIR to the nearest police station and have to take the acknowledgment slip which needs to be produced to the TSO or DSO office at the time of applying for the duplicate ration card.
-Submit the entire relevant document attached with the application form.
-Need to submit the applicable fees for the procedure to renew the ration card.
The applicant can be able to check the status of the ration card application by login into their account with the help of the username and the password. The time taken for processing of the fresh Kerala Ration Card is 15 days from the date of application.
The process to make changes in the Kerala Ration Card is very simple. The applicant needs to visit the nearest ration card center and ask the authorized officer to make a modification in the ration card. The officer will verify the details providing by you along with the documents and the application letter submitted at the time of modification request.
We hope that the information provided to you regarding the Kerala Ration Card application procedure is helpful for you. In the case of any doubt, the user can make a comment in the comment section of the article.