Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme: On 26th December 2020, PM Narendra Modi launched the SEHAT health scheme as an extension of AB-PMJAY for the residents of Jammu & Kashmir virtually. The whole event was organized via video-conferencing. Home Minister, Amit Shah and J&K Lt. Governor, Manoj Sinha were also connected virtually for the event.
Under this scheme, all the residents of UT Jammu and Kashmir can avail the benefits of AB – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. Earlier, AB-JAY was accessible to only those residents who were registered under SECC 2011 database.
SEHAT health scheme will incorporate the secondary and tertiary care hospitalization and treatments of the beneficiaries up to an annual financial cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family.
- 1 About AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
- 2 Implementation of AB-PMJAY SEHAT health scheme
- 3 Procedure to Apply for AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
- 4 SEHAT Golden Cards
- 5 Main Features of AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
About AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
The SEHAT health scheme is an extension of AB- PMJAY, short for “Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana“. The SEHAT health scheme, which stands for ‘Social Endeavor for Health And Telemedicine‘ has been launched on December 26th, 2020.
The SEHAT Health Insurance will assure the Universal Healthcare Coverage (UHC) to all the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
As per the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 database, only around 5.97 lakh J&K families were registered under the AB-JAY Health Insurance scheme. With the launch of the SEHAT health insurance program, it is estimated that over 21 lakh families will be covered for free health services across the country.
Objective of AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
The main objective of the आयुष्मान भारत सेहत स्कीम is to provide good and affordable health services to all the residents of Jammu and Kashmir irrespective of their financial and socio-economic status.
Under this health scheme, an amount of Rs. 5 lakh per family will be provided as a health cover to the entire population of UT Jammu and Kashmir.
PM also focuses on the importance of quality of life in the video conference on Dec 26th. During the pandemic, around 18 lakh cylinders were refilled and 10 lakh toilets were built under Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan. The BJP government believes in the standard quality of life and taking steps towards improving people’s health.
Atal Dulloo, the Financial Commissioner of Health and Medical Education, said that the government employees and retirees along with their families will also be covered under this scheme.
Implementation of AB-PMJAY SEHAT health scheme
The smooth implementation of the AB-PMJAY SEHAT will be checked by the central government. With the successful implementation of the scheme, the people of Jammu & Kashmir will have an easy access to the medical facilities.
Medical procedures like cardiology, oncology, nephrology along with diagnostics and medicines will be included in this scheme.
Approximately, 219 hospitals which include 34 privates have been enlisted under the AB-PMJAY scheme in the UT Jammu and Kashmir and around 24,418 hospitals have been empaneled under the scheme across the country.
The beneficiaries can avail this service from any of the PM-JAY enlisted hospital.
The government will take care of the residents who are registered under SECC 2011. The government will also ensure the enrollment of all the residents of the UT Jammu and Kashmir for the SEHAT health scheme. . Also, the distribution of SEHAT Golden Cards to the eligible citizens of the scheme.
Procedure to Apply for AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
To benefit from the SEHAT health scheme, the beneficiaries have to get a valid SEHAT Golden Card. Following is the procedure to get the same.
Step 1: Interested applicants can either visit any AB-PMJAY registered hospital or CSC Kendra.
Step 2: Get an application form.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with all the desired information.
Step 4: Attach all the essential documents like a copy of Proof of age, ration card, Aadhar card, photograph, etc.
Step 6: After successful verification, a SEHAT Golden Card will be allotted along with a unique registration number.
There is no information regarding the online registration for the scheme by the officials. The expected procedure of the same could be:
- Visit the official portal and check your eligibility.
2. Click on “Am I eligible” tab and proceed thereafter.
3. After checking eligibility, the eligible applicants can download the form.
4. Submit the application form along with the requisite documents after filling up all the details correctly.
Any update regarding the online registration of the scheme will be uploaded here in this article.
List of Required Documents
- Proof of Age
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Proof of Residence Address
- Voter ID Card
- Mobile Number
SEHAT Golden Cards
The beneficiaries having a valid SEHAT Golden card only can avail of the services under the AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Insurance scheme. The beneficiaries will need this card at the time of treatment to take benefit of the scheme. If anybody fails to show the SEHAT Golden card, the services will not be awarded.
Main Features of AB-PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
- The AB-PMJAY SEHAT health insurance scheme has been initiated by our Honorable PM Narendra Modi on December 26, 2020.
- The scheme will provide cashless health services to all the citizens of UT Jammu and Kashmir.
- It will serve all the registered residents of J&K irrespective of their socio-economic background.
- Financial cover up to Rs. 5 lakh per family on floater basis which means all the members of the family will fall under an umbrella cover.
- The beneficiaries can avail of this service at any registered AB-PMJAY hospital across the country.
- SEHAT Golden cards will be distributed who can benefit from this scheme.
- 219 hospitals including 34 private hospitals in Jammu and Kashmir have been listed under this scheme.
- Around 24,148 hospitals have been enlisted under the Ayushman Bharat PMJAY scheme all over India.
- The estimated number of beneficiaries is 2.1 million from this scheme.
- Medical Procedures such as cardiology, oncology, nephrology along with diagnostics and medicines will be included under this scheme.
The helpline number for the queries related to AB-PMJAY SEHAT health scheme will be answered on the helpline number 14555.
Frequently Asked Questions
The government will take the necessary steps to enroll such residents and formulate a procedure for the same.
All the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
Yes, you can use your SEHAT Golden Card in any hospital in India provided that the hospital is empaneled under Ayushman Bharat PMJAY enlisted hospitals.
Rs. 5 lakh is granted to a single family irrespective of the number and age of the family members.