E Shram Card Portal Registration/register.eshram.gov.in श्रमिक कार्ड: The Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government on 26th August 2021 (launched an online portal “E Shram Portal” (ई-श्रम) for workers engaged in the unorganized sector of the country. E-Shram Card Portal has been launched on a national level which can be accessed by unorganized sector workers living in any part of the country. It is basically a national database of unorganized workers (NDUW) which will help them to avail the benefits of various national or state social security schemes. These unorganized workers include construction workers, migrant workers, street vendors, platform and gig workers, etc.
As there is no proper data or record of unorganized workers in India and due to this they are not able to get any aid/ assistance provided by the Government. The national database of these workers will help to keep records of these workers and will directly link them to the Central Government.
E Shram Card Registration 2023 ई-श्रम कार्ड
The Government will register over 38 unorganized workers on this portal and extend benefits under various schemes. This ई-श्रम card will be seeded with the Aadhaar and will include information about the cardholder and his/her occupation. The registration on e-Shram has started and those who fulfill the basic eligibility requirements can register themselves asap.
Quick Overview- E Shram Card Portal Registration
|Name of the portal||eShram Portal ( (ई-श्रम) )|
|Concerned Authority||Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India|
|Designed and Developed By||National Informatics Centre (NIC)|
|Beneficiaries||Unorganized Sector Workers|
|Date of launch||26th August 2021|
Objectives of E-Shram Card
- To create a centralized database of the details of all the workers in the unorganized sector. This Aadhaar card is to be seeded with Aadhaar.
- To improve the efficiency of implementation of social security schemes and services offered to unorganised workers.
- Integration of all the social security schemes (such as PMJJBY, PMJAY, PMSYM, PMSBY etc.) for this particular section.
- Portability of benefits of social security and other Government Schemes to UWs.
- To provide a comprehensive database to Governments in order to tackle national emergencies and crises such as Covid-19.
- To ascertain the movement of UWs from formal to informal sector and vice-versa.
- To ascertain the current location, address or status of the migrant workers.
Following are the stakeholders of the newly launched eShram portal-
|Ministry of Labour and Employment|
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)|
|National Informatics Centre (NIC)|
|State / UT Governments|
|Line Ministries/Departments of Central Govt|
|Workers Facilitation Centre and Field Operators|
|Unorganized Workers & Their Families|
|Department of Posts Through Post Offices|
|ESIC & EPFO|
Benefits of eShram Card
- The major benefit for Government is that it will get data of Unorganised workers in the country.
- Registered workers having a valid eShram card will be eligible for getting an Accidental Insurance cover of Rs.2 lakhs under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- The database could be utilized for identifying and providing assistance to unorganized workers in various pandemics and national crisis like situations.
- Benefits under various national and state security schemes will be delivered to the beneficiaries through this portal.
- The eShram cards issued to workers after registration on the portal will be accepted throughout the country. Therefore, cardholders can utilize eshram card anywhere across India.
Who is Eligible for e-Shram Card Registration?
Now here comes the most important question who is eligible to register on this portal? The answer to this question is very simple all the workers engaged in the unorganized sector are eligible for registration. The conditions that are to be satisfied by the UWs before registration includes-
- UW should be an Indian national.
- The age should be between 16 years to 59 years.
- UW should not be a member of NPS or ESIC/EPFO.
- There is not any income criterion for registration.
Now, you must be wondering who is an unorganized sector worker. So here is the answer- Any individual who is a self-employed worker, a home-based worker, a daily-wage worker in an unorganized sector, one who is not a government employee and is not a member of EPFO or ESIC, etc. falls under the category of Unorganised sector worker.
Have a look at some of the examples of Unorganised Sector workers listed as under-
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
|Constructions workers/ Laborers||Carpenters|
|Street vendors||Gig and Platform workers|
|Small and Marginal Farmers||Agricultural Workers|
|Tannery Workers||Sericulture Workers|
|Brick Kiln Workers||Share Croppers|
|Beedi Factory Workers||Leather Workers|
|Animal Husbandry Workers||Barbers|
|Migrant Workers||Poultry Farmers|
|House Maids||ASHA Workers|
|Auto Drivers||Salt Factory Workers etc.|
ऐसे करें ई-श्रम कार्ड पोर्टल पर रजिस्ट्रेशन
The registration process is quite simple on the eShram Portal. There are basically methods for getting enrolled in the portal. All three methods are as follows-
- Registration by State Government Fielf offices in districts and sub-disricts- The concerned person of the state government will complete the registration process.
- Registration via Common Service Centres (CSCs)- One can also visit nearest CSC to register on the portal and get thier UAN.
- Self Registration- UWs can also register through the online portal on their own. They can register by following the simple steps provided in this section below-
- Start by visiting the official portal i.e. eshram.gov.in.
- Now, on the homepage of the portal click on “Register on e-Shram” link.
- You will be landed to a new page. Now, enter the Aadhaar linked mobile no., captcha code, select respective option and click on “Send OTP” button.
- Now, verify the OTP and after validation, your details will open under the self-registration form.
- Check kyc details and make changes is necessary and click on agree button to proceed.
- Now, fill in the personal information and move to the next segment.
- Fill the address details and proceed.
- Enter address details, educational qualifications, occupation, bank details and proceed.
- Now, a preview of self-declaration will open. Check the details and take a printout of this page.
- Click on submit button and fill in the OTP again in the respective field. Click on submit button.
- Finally, your UAN (Unique Account Number) card will be generated. Click on the Download UAN button and retain it.
Information required for registration includes-
- Aadhar No.
- Bank Account details
- Aadhaar Linked active mobile no.
- Age (that should be between 16-59 years)
Information to be printed on eShram Card
|Date of birth||Gender|
Validity and Renewal of eShram Card
There is no specific validity period for the e-Shram cards. It will be valid for a lifetime. Talking about the renewal of the card, no renewal is required. However, to keep the UAN account active, cardholders can update their E-Shram profile once a year. They can update it using their UAN or Aadhaar.
How to Update eShram Profile?
Follow the given instructions to get your e-Shram profile updated-
- Visit eShram portal.
- Click on the Register link.
- Go to the Already registered tab and click on “Update Profile” link.
- Select any of the two available option.
- Enter the respective information and your profile will open.
- Update the profile and save the details.
Those who are able to do self-registration can visit the nearest CSC for e-Shram registration. The official portal has also provided a CSC Locator facility to users who do not have any idea about the nearest CSC in their locality. They can use this service to locate their nearby CSC. Check the simple steps shared below to locate CSC online through the official portal-
- Open the official portal and click on the registration link.
- Click on the CSC Locator tab.
- Select the location on the map or from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, a location and details of all the nearby CSCs in the selected areas will open.
e-Shram Card-Quick Links
|E Shram Self Registration||Apply Online|
|Update Profile||Click Here|
|CSC NDUW E Shramik Card Status||Check Here|
|Registration Through CSC Portal||Apply Online|
|Update E-Kyc||Click Here|
For any kind of help regarding the e-Shram Card portal, you can contact the concerned authority at the helpdesk details given here-
Under Secretary (eSHRAM Portal)
Ministry of Labour & Employment
Jaisalmer House, Mansingh Road,
New Delhi (110011)
Phone No.- 011-23389928
Helpdesk No.- 14434