E Kavach is the initiative of the Uttar Pradesh Government Under the National Health Mission (NHA). Uttar Pradesh government is working on the eradication of Japanese encephalitis and for this, the government has launched a portal E Kavach. The government intends to provide precautions and solutions for Japanese Encephalitis. A person can simply log in through the portal and can access the portal after the login process.
E Kavach login
|By||Uttar Pradesh National Health Mission|
|Release date||4th August 2022|
|ekavach app download||https://ekavach.upnrhm.gov.in/imtecho-ui/mobile-app/ekavach_app_136.apk|
Here are the steps to log in on the E Kavach portal.
Step 1. Visit the official website of e kavach. For that, all you have to do is google the e kavach in the search option. The official website will come click on that and the home page will open. The login page will appear.
Step 2. When you will click on e kavach portal the login details will come up, enter the login credentials, your username, and password and then click on the login button.
E Kavach Registration
Steps to register yourself in the e kavach portal.
- Step 1. Visit the official website of e Kavach.
- Step 2. Click on the health registration form button, then a form will open.
- Step 3. Enter the details in the registration form
- Full name – Write your full name as in other documents
- Designation- The designation you hold in the health care system
- Your contact number – Your contact number for future use
- Hospital name and hospital type – You should enter the name of the hospital you are working in and its type.
- Hospital NIN number(National identification number).
- State, district, and taluka – At last all you have to do is enter the name of your district and Taluka.
*You can get the NIN detail from the Hospital itself.
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
E Kavach Application
- e Kavach is also available in the form of an application for android and IOS.
- The application can be downloaded from the play store for android users and the apple store for ios users.
- Play store link for the e kavach App:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.upnrhm.ekavach.soh
- After installing the app enter your login credentials, username, and password.
- And after login, the user can avail of all the information and services provided by Government on Japanese encephalitis.
- And various other diseases under Uttar Pradesh national health mission.
What is Japanese Encephalitis?
Japanese Encephalitis is a common viral brain infection that is caused by mosquito bites. The vector of the disease is the Japanese Encephalitis Virus commonly called JEV. The carrier of the disease can be pigs and birds. These can be bitten by an infected mosquito. The disease is most common in Asia and rural parts of the country. There is no permanent cure for the disease. The first case was reported in Japan around 1871.
Japanese Encephalitis Virus is commonly transmitted by bites of an infected mosquito from the Culex family. The mosquito then bites an infected pig or bird becomes a carrier and infects a healthy person when it bites a human. The disease is mostly found in warm areas that is temperate regions of Asia. The transmission mainly takes in the summer season. The virus is known to have cycled between the vertebrates hosts like pigs and mosquitoes. In India, according to CDC report the peak season is from May to November, especially since the northern part of the country is at high risk.
The symptoms of Japanese Encephalitis are as follows:
- High fever
- Stiff neck
- Confusion while Speaking
- Muscle weakness/paralysis
Some people with severe symptoms can die from the infection. There is no treatment and the only option is to relieve the symptoms. The fatality rate can be as high as 30 per cent.
Treatment and Cure
Japanese Encephalitis has no cure. Its treatment comprises caring for the body and relieving the pain. Improving immunity can be a good step to protect one from the disease. Hospitalization of patients suffering from this disease is done for further treatment.
Prevention and Control
- Vaccines are available to provide immunization. Getting vaccinated is the best option to protect one from this dangerous disease.
- Stop the breeding of mosquitoes by maintaining clean surroundings. Mosquito act as a carrier for the vector.
- In areas where Japanese Encephalitis is common people should wear long-sleeved clothes to protect themselves from mosquito bites.
- Mosquito repellent can be used.
What is Ekavach?
Ekavach is an initiative by the government of Uttar Pradesh under its National Health Mission to eradicate Japanese Encephalitis.
How to download EKavach?
Follow the link given above or you can search ‘download EKavach’.
What is Ekavach used for?
It provides a one-stop platform for health workers to collect data about Japanese Encephalitis and update the information regarding the same.
Who can log in to the portal?
Uttar Pradesh health workers can log in using their username and password.