Bihar student credit card 2020: Bihar government has started the loan facility for such candidates of Bihar who wanted to pursue their higher studies once they completed their intermediate but due to the financial problem they are not able to do that but after the announcement of the Bihar Student Credit Card 2020 scheme they can fulfill their dreams of higher studies because the Bihar government is providing an education loan to such students up to Rs 4 lakhs. So, the course you wanted to pursue and if it is enlisted in their list of approved courses then you can apply for Bihar Student Credit Card loan online and its complete procedure and other important details regarding the scheme are provided below.
Note: Students who had registered for the scheme successfully need to report at DRCC with all your documents.
Update: Do Check lists of Colleges available under the BSCCS
- 1 Bihar student credit card 2020
- 2 Eligibility for Bihar student credit card scheme
- 3 Bihar student credit card scheme| Important links
- 4 How to apply for the Bihar student credit card scheme?
Bihar student credit card 2020
The Bihar student credit card Yojana (BSCCY) is launched way back in October 2016 and till now numbers of candidates had applied for the scheme and completed their higher studies. Through the scheme you can apply for a loan to a maximum amount of Rs 4 lakhs.
The main motto to launch this scheme is to increase the Gross Enrollment ratio (GER) of the state which is currently at 14.3% and through this government is eyeing a target of 30% increment in this which makes it to the 24% and if they reached this is then they equal the GER of the nation.
The target of BSCCS
Through this government wanted that as many students will apply for the scheme it will be beneficial for the students and the state. Through this scheme the government is targeting the current year i.e. 2020-2021 in which at least 100000 students must apply for the scheme.
Interest on the Bihar Student Credit Card loan
- In this scheme, if students completed his/her course then they will get the moratorium of one year or if they employed then it will be 6 months whichever completes first.
- The rate of interest under the scheme will be 4% whereas if the applicant is women, transgender, or disabled then they need to pay only 1%.
Eligibility for Bihar student credit card scheme
- Students who had completed their intermediate from the Bihar state or the nearby states are eligible for the loan scheme but only if they fulfill the criteria of eligibility which we have given below:
- Students enrolled or going to be enrolled in the institution must be recognized from the state or central government.
- This loan will be given for general courses of higher education, various professional and technical courses. The list of courses will be available on the website which could be changed from time to time by the department according to the demand.
- Those candidates who had completed their intermediate or equivalent Examination (polytechnic after 10th) and candidates (permanent resident of Bihar) who had completed the same from the nearby state such as West Bengal, Jharkhand, or Bihar are also eligible for the scheme.
- In case students staying in the hostel then the amount will be made available to the educational institution of the applicants.
- But in case they did not stay in the hostel then city details for living expenses other than fees for students will be made available which could be increased as per the requirement by the department.
- The age of the students on the date of applying should not be more than 25 years while for the postgraduate courses it will be 30 years.
- If any of the candidates have one level of a degree then the same level of degree will not be covered under this scheme except technical or managerial courses. For example, if you have completed your graduation in science then you are not entitled to the same level of graduation such as Arts, science, and commerce. Whereas, if he wants to pursue an MBA, MCA, etc. then he is entitled to the loan.
- If any of the students who are getting the benefit of the Bihar Student Credit Card 2020 scheme but due to some reason he/she left study then, in that case, the next instalment will not be credited to the student or the institution and the next instalment will only be credited if they are available for the course.
Also check Bihar board 10th result date and time here
Document required for the BSCCS
If you wanted to apply for the BSCCS then you need to submit some documents while registering whose details have been listed below:
- Aadhaar card of the applicant and co-applicant
- Matric, 10+2 (for polytechnic 10th) and the last examination qualifying certificate
- Certificate of received scholarship, free education-related
- Bank passbook of the applicant (in which the account number, bank name, IFSC code should be mention clearly)
- Enrollment certificate where the students enrolled which indicates the name of the course (or institution brochure outside the Bihar state)
- Details of the course fee received from the institute
- Two Passport size photographs of the applicant, co-applicant, and mother/ father/ husband/ guardians.
- Address proof of the applicants (bank passbook/electricity bill/ voter ID card/ driving license)
List of courses under BSCCS
You can check the list of courses that have been approved by the department and entitle for the loan and its list can be checked online whose link is given below.
|New Registration||Click here|
|Application status||Click here|
|Student login||Click here|
|List of Colleges under BSCCS||Click here|
|Process flow for BSCCS||Click here|
|User manual for BSCCS||Click here|
|A blank form for BSCCS||Click here|
|Guidelines for BSCCS||Click here|
How to apply for the Bihar student credit card scheme?
To avail the benefit of the scheme students can apply or through the mobile application.
- First of all, the applicant needs to click the direct link given on this page.
- Now on the home page of the portal applicant need to click on the ‘New registration’ tab
- After this, a general information window will open where you need to fill the details carefully.
- On submitting the details you need to submit the mobile number and for verification, an OTP will be received on your mobile number and on Email enter the same on the given space.
- Confirm the details submitted and once it was confirmed you will receive a registration number and password on your registered mobile number or through email.
- Now go to the home page of the portal and login with the credential received during the registration.
- After login, the personal information page will be available click on the submit button once filled.
- Next it will be asked you to select the scheme for the list you need to select the BSCC and click on the apply tab.
- On the next page, you need to fill some more information as it appears and submits the same once all fields have been filled.
- It will ask you to verify the details submitted click on the yes if all are correct otherwise click no.
- And once you click on yes then a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen and a PDF file of acknowledgment will be available to you, download the same.
- After successfully submitting the form you may visit the DRCC office on the working hours to verify the documents.
Note: No need to upload any documents during the online application
Application status for BSCCS
Once the application has been submitted you can check its application status from the portal by providing some details of registration below we have given the link through which you can check the status of your application.
The official portal for BSCCS is www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in
No, applicants do not need to upload any documents.
In such cases you can call at the toll free number 18003456444
Do not need to worry it can also be downloaded upon login to the portal.