It is big news for all girl children residing in Bihar that the government of Bihar has announced a Mukhyamantri Kanya Scheme for you. The name of the scheme is “Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana“. The Bihar government started the scheme in April 2018. For this, a meeting was conducted on the issues of women emancipating and empowering girls in education. CM of Bihar stated, “Providing education to girls is the best plan to stabilize the population”.
Chief Minister has approved a total of four proposals in the special meeting of the committee. Many decisions have been practised, such as making women self-reliant, social equality, preventing feticide, encouraging the birth of girls, promoting girls’ education, etc., in this conference. Browse the complete article for more details about Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan yojana and eligibility criteria, and apply online.
Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
CM Nitish Kumar has introduced the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan yojana for women’s wellness in Bihar. In this scheme, the government of Bihar will give 54100 rupees to each girl in the state. Under this scheme, from the birth of a girl child to her graduation, they will encourage them by offering money.
Based on eligibility, they will provide 25000 rupees after graduation. The Bihar Government wants to provide financial help to around 1.60 girls in the state. Online forms for this plan are available on the official portal. Interested applicants can submit the application form via online mode.
Aim of Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme
Chief Minister said introducing this scheme aims to make girls self-reliant by educating them, granting opportunities to live honourably, ending infant feticide, etc. This scheme will also increase the rate of women’s empowerment in Bihar state.
Bihar CM Kanya Utthan Yojana Budget
For Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Scheme, govt has already set a budget of a total of ₹ 840 crores. This budget is for girl child education and other social welfare and health departments of Bihar. Through this scheme, the government plans to give 2221 crore rupees to benefit girls in the state. The of Bihar wants to eliminate girls’ early marriage, mortality rate, etc. through this yojana. This scheme will help girl child to continue their studies in future.
Overview of Bihar CM Kanya Utthan Yojana
|Scheme Launched By||Government of Bihar|
|Name of Yojana||Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana|
|Scheme Objective||To provide economic help and increase women’s empowerment|
|Number of girls who will get advantages||Around 1.60 crores girls|
|Recipients||Girls of Bihar|
|Name of State||Bihar|
Advantages of Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
- The infant mortality rate in Bihar will diminish, especially the girl child.
- This scheme will empower the girls of the state.
- Through this yojana, the government provides financial relief to all girl children.
- It may also bring down the gender gap.
- Through this, they can continue their studies.
- This plan promotes acceptance or attachment towards the girl child in the community and household.
- No parent/ family will now consider girls as a burden on themselves.
- This scheme will make many girls stand on their own and not have to depend on anyone.
Eligibility Standards for Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
For this scheme, aspirants must satisfy all eligibility criteria that are given as follows.
- Candidates who want to apply for this scheme must be a girl.
- Applicants should be a Bihar state civilian and possess a domicile of the state.
- Aspirants must belong to a weaker section of Bihar state.
- No member of the girl’s family should be working in the government sector.
- Family having one or two girl children are eligible for this scheme.
Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana Scheme Benefit
The table given below shows the money provided under this scheme.
|Conditions for getting money||Scheme Benefits|
|Having a baby||2000 Rs will be given by govt|
|After One Year||1000 Rs provided by govt|
|Time of child Vaccination||2000 Rs given by govt|
|For Sanitary Napkins||300 Rs offered by the Government|
|After passing12th Standard||10000 Rs provided by govt|
|After Graduation||25000 Rs given by govt|
How to Apply Online for Bihar CM Kanya Utthan Yojana?
The simple steps below allow applicants to submit the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan scheme application form.
Step 1: All willing candidates must open the official page or click on the official link at the bottom of this article.
Step 2: Click on “Link 1 or Link 2” given on the top of the homepage
Step 3: A new page will open; you must click on the “Please click here” option before the “Important instructions for filling out an online application”.
Step 4: The instruction page will open on your screen; read all the guidelines.
Step 5: Hit the “Click here to register” link on the new page.
Step 6: The registration form will open on that page.
Step 7: Fill in all basic info like name, father’s name, date of birth, etc. on the form and click submit it.
Step 8: You will get your username and password.
Step 9: Now click the login button and enter your username, captcha, and password.
Step 10: The application form will be displayed on the screen.
Step 11: Fill in all the info on the application form correctly and upload all the documents.
Step 12: Submit the application form and download the application form for later usage.
Bihar CM Kanya Utthan Yojana Documents Required
All candidates must upload all necessary documents while filling out the application form. Check the list of certificates given below in this segment.
- Aadhaar Card of Applicant
- Valid Contact Number
- Bank Account Details of Girls
- Photo of Candidate
- 12th Class Scorecard
- Graduation Marksheet and Certificates
- Applicant’s Signature
- Address Proof etc
How to Check Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana Application Status?
If you want to know the application stats, then follow these steps: –
- Applicants have to visit the official portal of Bihar Sarkar E-welfare.
- The home of the website will open on your screen.
- Click on the link “Apply for Intermediate [+2] Passed Girls (SC and ST)”.
- The guidelines page will open on your screen.
- Click on the “View Application Status” link present on the right of the page.
- In the application page status, applicants have to enter their registration number.
- Hit the “Search” button and the status will be displayed.
- Check your application form status.
Check Bihar CM Kanya Utthan Yojana Beneficiary List
- Go to the official page of CM Kanya Utthan Yojana.
- Click on the “List of candidates who have Applied” tab present on the homepage.
- Now, applicants have to choose their district or college.
- Hit the “View” button.
- After that, a list of all recipients will open on your screen.
Importance of the Bihar CM Kanya Utthan Yojana
“If you educate a man you educate an individual but if, you educate a woman you educate a family (nation/ state).”Dr James Emmanuel Kwegyir-Aggrey
- This scheme is educating not only the Bihar Girls but also the entire state.
- It may also help the downfall of Female feticide, which automatically increases the state’s sex ratio.
- It also reduces child marriages.
- This yojana will provide financial independence to all the females of the state.
- Supporting girls will create a positive self-image and boost their self-esteem.
- With this scheme, the mentality of the people of Bihar will also change towards the girl child.
Components of Bihar CM Kanya Utthan Yojana
- CM Kanya Utthan scheme will operate with the social welfare and education department to educate girls and prevent feticide.
- Integrated Child Development Services and Women Development Corporation are controlling the various areas of this scheme, like preventing girl feticide, reducing girl child death rate, reducing girl’s child marriage, etc.
- During institutional confinements at various health centres, the responsibility of filling out a girl’s childbirth form and submitting it has been given to nurses.
- Moreover, any person who wants to submit the application form in his daughter’s name can do so and take benefits of the scheme.
For More details about the scheme, you can also visit the department’s official portal, whose link is given as: –
What is the purpose of the Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan scheme?
The main aim of this yojana is to provide financial help to all girls living in the state and give education to them.
List of documents required for Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan scheme Application.
Photo, Aadhaar card, Bank account info of females, 10th mark sheet and certificates, etc.
Who is eligible for the Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan scheme?
Applicants who want to apply for this scheme must be a girl and a citizen of Bihar, Candidate must belong to economically weaker sections of the state, no member of the girl’s family is working in the government sector, etc.
What is the benefit of the Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan scheme?
Eligible applicants will get Rs 25000/-.