BH Series Vehicle Registration 2022 State Wise: The Government of India has recently introduced a new rule related to road transportation and vehicles. After HSRP it has launched Bharat (BH) series number plates for vehicles that move from one state to another. These registration marks or number plates will be beneficial for vehicle owners who have to move from one state to another due to their transfer or any other reason. To avoid the various registration issues that vehicle owners have to face due to shifting and for seamless transfer of motor vehicles, they can register for the BH Bharat Series plate. BH Series Vehicle Registration 2021 has been started from 15th September 2021. The registration process will be a digital process.
And as per the details, Odisha becomes the first state to start the registration process for the new BH series and it will be a completely online process.
- NIC dept has launched a software for BH series registration whose testing is currently under process in states like Uttarakhand and others.
- BH series registration begins for vehicles in Chandigarh
- 1 BH Series Vehicle Registration 2022 Online
- 2 BH Series Vehicle Registration State Wise: Highlights
- 3 Format of BH Series Number Plate
- 4 BH Vehicle Registration Process
- 5 Rules for Motor Vehicle Tax
- 6 Bharat Series Vehicle Registration– Quick Links
- 7 BH Series Registration Link State- Wise
- 8 FAQs
BH Series Vehicle Registration 2022 Online
Earlier according to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, a vehicle registered in a state when kept in another state for a period of more than 12 months is subject to assignment of new registration. For new registration in the new state, the motor vehicle owner has to submit an application with other documents such as a NOC, receipt, postal acknowledgment, and various other documents. The entire registration process was complicated and time-consuming.
Now, with the introduction of the BH series number plate, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has made the re-registration of a vehicle in a new state easy and hassle-free. The new rule was introduced on 28th August and registration for the plates will commence from September 15. If you are also willing to get a BH series number plate but do not have sufficient information regarding the same do read this article. Here you will be getting each and every piece of information about the newly amended rule and number plate.
BH Series Vehicle Registration State Wise: Highlights
|Name of the Mark||Bharat Series Marks (BH-Series)|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH)|
|Concerned Act||The Motor Vehicles Act|
|Rule||Central Motor Vehicles (Twentieth Amendment) Rules|
|Date of introduction/ Launch||28th August 2021|
|Introduced For||Non-Transport vehicles|
|Purpose||To ease the registration process for a vehicle moving to a new state|
|Starting of the registration process||15th August 2021|
|Mode of registration||Online|
Also Read, UPI 123Pay
Format of BH Series Number Plate
Those who will apply for the BH Series plate will receive a new number plate. The format of this Bharat series number plate will be as follows-
YY BH #### XX
- Where YY will be the last two digits of the year of the registration of the motor vehicle.
- BB will be the
- Bharat Series code (2) letters will be written as “ BH”
- and #### XX will be four numbers from 0001 to 9999 which will be followed by letter(s) A, B, C ……& then AA,AB…..AZ, BA, BB…..till ZZ. Letters ‟I‟ & “O” will be excluded.
Who can Register?
This facility of government has been introduced currently for non-transport vehicles. The facility of registration for BH Bharat Series Number plates is currently available on a voluntary basis for
– Defence personnel,
– Motor vehicle owners who are State/ Central Government employees,
– PSU employees, or
– employees working in a private sector company that has offices in four or more states and UTs.
At present it is not compulsory for all, eligible individuals can apply at their convenience and requirement. In the future, the government could make this facility available to all citizens.
BH Vehicle Registration Process
The registration process for the BH series plate will be completely an online process. The registration is going to start from 15th September 2021. Those who are interested in registration can apply online for the number plate.
The details regarding registration for the BH mark is as follows-
- BH registration will be an online process and will be done by the respective dealer during the purchase of new vehicle on behalf of the vehicle owner.
- The registartion can be done on the vahan portal by filling up the form 20.
- With the new BH series number plate the refund process of the tax that vehicle owner has paid in the parent state will become easy.
- On successfull registration, applicants will be issued a BH series number plate.
- Vehicles having the new BH series number plate/ registration mark on thier vehicles will not be required to undergo the old complicated re-registration process in the new state.
- The number plates will be assigned randomly to the applicants.
- For registration one must keep their official identity card (govt employees), working certificate (private employees) and other requisite documents at the time of registration.
- This new amendment in motor vehicle rule related to the movement of a vehicle in the new state/UT and its registration is universal and will be applicable across the country.
The registration process will be free for applicants and thus they are not required to pay any registration fee. However, they have to pay the requisite tax levied for the respective category. Any update regarding the registration fee shall be updated here.
Rules for Motor Vehicle Tax
The tax levied at the time of registration varies from state to state. The tax levied will the calculated through an online process through the online portal and will be based on the invoice prices (where GST will be excluded).
Have a look at the details given below regarding the tax levied by the States/ UTs during registration of BH Series vehicles-
Tax (% of Invoice Price)
If below Rs 10 lakhs
2% extra charge for Diesel vehicles
2% less charge for electric vehicles
If below Rs 10-20 lakh
If above Rs 20 lakh
For Vehicles having a BH Registration mark, the tax will be levied through the online portal for 2 years or its multiple such as 4 years, 6 years, etc. in the manner shown as under-
Bharat Series Vehicle Registration– Quick Links
|Official website of MoRTH||morth.nic.in|
|BH Bharat Series Vehicle Registration Official Notification||Click Here|
|BH Bharat Series Vehicle Registration Link||Available|
|HSRP Number Plate||Click Here|
BH Series Registration Link State- Wise
|Odisha||Click here | Link 2|
|Jammu & Kashmir||-Do-|
Note: Registration will be done by the dealer during the purchase of a new vehicle.
In case you have any doubt related to BH Bharat Series Vehicle Registration then do let us know in the comment section below.
It was launched on 28th August through a gazette notification dated 26th August 2021 by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH).
The registration is scheduled to be started from 15th September 2021.
You can register online through the official portal. The registration link will be updated soon here.
Yes, the rule is applicable throughout the country.