Atal Pension Yojana List 2021 APY Scheme Apply Online: The Government provides various schemes for the betterment of the citizen. Considering a good future for the old age citizens of the country the Government has launched bunch of schemes which have different criteria and objectives. However, all the schemes are meant for the citizen of India. To have a fixed source of income for the people working in unorganized section after retirement the Swavalamban Scheme was launched. The scheme is now inactive w.e.f 1st April 2015.
- 1 Atal Pension Yojana 2021
- 2 Overview of Atal Yojana
- 3 APY Contribution Chart
- 4 Steps for atal pension yojana online apply
- 5 Process of APY Clearance?
- 6 Atal Pension Yojana FAQs
Atal Pension Yojana 2021
As we know that most of the PSU’s didn’t offer any pension to their employee after retirement. Therefore, the Government has mandate the provision of maintaining a provident fund on which there will be a contribution of the employer and Employee. In the Employee Pension Scheme, 8.33% goes to the employee pf which comes from the total of 12% that is from employer share. Thus, APY is an wonderful scheme to avail pension after retirement.
The yojana which took the place of Swavalamban Scheme is now Atal Pension yojana. The yojana was in to effect from 1st June 2015 just after a month from the closure of Swavalamban Scheme. Atal pension yojana has more benefits as compared to the Swavalamban Scheme. Basically, it can be assumed that the Atal pension yojana is an upgraded version of the Swavalamban Scheme. In this article, we will be providing you the complete details about the Atal pension yojana List 2021, Status of APY Scheme, Apply Online, Chart Pension Status and much more.
अटल पेंशन योजना: मोदी सरकार ने अटल पेंशन योजना को मई 2015 में शुरू किया था। यह पेंशन स्कीम असंगठित क्षेत्रों में काम करने वाले लोगों के लिये लायी गयी थी, इससे पहले असंगठित क्षेत्र में कार्यरत लोगों के लिए इस प्रकार की कोई योजना नहीं थी। अटल पेंशन योजना (APY) के लिए कोई भी भारतीय आदमी आवेदन कर सकता है,अटल पेंशन योजना (APY) में आवेदन करने के लिए आपके पास बैंक खाता और आधार कार्ड होना जरूरी है। अटल पेंशन योजना में निवेश करने वाले व्यक्ति की असमय मृत्यु हो जाने पर पेंशन का लाभ उसकी पत्नी को मिलेगा। Atal Pension Yojana से सम्बंधित सारी जानकारी आपको यहां विस्तृत रूप से बताई गयी है।
Under Atal Pension scheme, a guaranteed minimum monthly pension of Rs.1000/-, Rs.2000/-, Rs.3000/-, Rs.4000/- and Rs.5000/- will be provided to the subscribers on the basis of the contribution made by them. Atal Pension is launched with an aim to provide retirement benefits to the workers in the unorganized sectors. On contributing to this scheme, they can save their retirement.
Atal Pension Yojana Eligibility
In order to become the subscriber of Atal Pension Yojana, one must fulfill the eligibility criteria-
- Subscriber should be an Indian citizen.
- Prospective applicants must have age between 18 years to 40 years.
- He/she should have a saving bank account or have to open bank account.
- Applicants should have a valid mobile no. and all its details should be furnished to the bank at the time of registration.
अटल पेंशन योजना (एपीवाई) के भीतर 60 वर्ष की आयु के पश्चात रू.1000, रु.2000, रु.3000, रु.4000, रु.5000 प्रतिमाह की पेंशन प्रदान करने की गारंटी है।
Benefits of APY Scheme
The APY has huge benefits for the individuals availing it. The details of the important benefits of the Atal Pension Yojana are provided below.
- The pension is guaranteed by the Government of India.
- Subscriber of APY gets a guaranteed pension of Rs.1000/- to Rs.5000/- per month.
- Under this scheme, subscribers can also increase or decrease pension amount once a year, during accumulation phase.
- Scheme is not only beneficial for the subscriber, but also for his/her spouse. In case of death of the subscriber, the spouse will be entitled for the pension. In case of demise of both subscriber and spouse, the nominee will be entitled to get the same pension.
- The tax benefits under this scheme are same as applicable under NPS (National Payment Scheme).
- APY is also beneficial as government also co-contribute Rs.1000/- per year or 50% of the total contribution whichever is low.
- The schemes is also a good alternative to save the tax as no tax is imposed over the amount. Also, You will get income tax rebate on whatever amount you deposit in APY account. For this, the receipt of the deposit in the account has to be shown.
Who is not Eligible for Receiving Government’s co-coordination under APY?
Beneficiary of any statutory social security schemes are not eligible to receive the benefit of Government co-contribution under APY. Below, we have shared some of the enactments for which government’s co-coordination is not provided-
- Employees’ Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952.
- The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1948.
- Seamen’s’ Provident Fund Act, 1966.
- Assam Tea Plantation Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision, 1955.
- Jammu Kashmir Employees’ Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1961.
- Any other statutory social security scheme.
एपीवाई खाता खोलने की प्रक्रिया
- बैंक या पोस्ट ऑफिस जाएँ जहां आपका कोई भी बचत बैंक खाता है,अगर कोई बैंक खाता नहीं है तो नया बचत बैंक खाता खोलें।
- अब बैंक या डाकघर बचत बैंक खाता संख्या उपलब्ध होने के बाद बैंक कर्मचारियों की सहायता से एपीवाई पंजीकरण फार्म भरें।
- आधारनम्बर मोबाइल नंबर भी फॉर्म में मांगे जाते हैं । यह अनिवार्य नहीं है लेकिन योजना से तथा आपके निवेश से जुडी सभी सूचनाएं आपको मोबाईल नम्बर पर sms के माध्यम से भेजी जाएँगी।
- अब आपका पंजीकरण अटल पेंशन योजना के लिए कर लिया जायेगा।
- अब यह सुनिश्चित करें की मासिक/तिमाही/छमाही जिस भी प्रकार का आपने योजना का पैकेज लिया है आपके बचत बैंक खाता/डाकघर बचत बैंक खाते में उतने रूपये जरूर हों।
Overview of Atal Yojana
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) is the government body that administers the APY under the National Pension Scheme Architecture. The investment guidelines for this scheme are prescribed by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
AYP is basically a Social Security Scheme that was launched as a replacement to a pre-existing Swavalamban Yojana. APY scheme is open to all the bank accounts.
|Name of the scheme||Atal Pension Yojana (APY)|
|Administered by||Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)|
|Population covered||Unorganized sector|
|Age limit Eligibility||18-42|
Highlights of अटल पेंशन योजना
- भारत सरकात द्वारा प्रदान की गयी इस योजना में न्यूनतम मासिक धनराशि की गारंटी है। आवेदक अपनी जमा धनराशि के आधार पर १०००/- से ५०००/- तक की मासिक पेंशन हासिल कर सकते हैं।
- भारत सरकार द्वारा आवेदक के योगदान पर ५०% सह-योगदान करेगा। यह योगदान सिर्फ उन आवेदकों को दिया जायेगा जो वैधानिक सामाजिक सुरक्षा कवर या आयकर दाता नहीं है।
- भारत सरकार सभी पात्र आवेदकों को सह-योगदान की सुविधा प्रदान करेगा जिसकी अवधि ५ साल तक की है। जिन आवेदको ने 1st June, 2015 to 31st December, 2015 वो इस सुविधा के पात्र होंगे। सभी ग्राहकों के लिए APY 5 वर्ष से अधिक नहीं होगा जिसमें प्रवासी स्वावलंबन के लाभार्थी शामिल हैं।
How is NPS different than APY?
NPS which stands for the National Pension Scheme is an government funded pension scheme which provides the pension to the applicant who have enrolled in the scheme. The scheme is somewhat similar to that of the APY. However, there are some points in which the NPS and APY can be easily differentiated. Applicants can avail for both the account. Before availing then scheme, have a look over the major differences between NPS an APY.
APY Contribution Chart
The APY contribution charts depicts the complete information about the entry age for the scheme along with years of contribution. The contribution years is inversely proportional to the month/quarterly/yearly contribution. To know more about the contribution period in the scheme to attain the monthly pension of 1000/-, 2000/-, 4000/- and 5000/- please refer to the table provided below.
|Age of entry||Years of contribution||Monthly pension of Rs.1000/-||Monthly pension of Rs.2000/-||Monthly pension of Rs.3000/-||Monthly pension of Rs.4000/-||Monthly pension of Rs.5000/-|
Contribution, pension, entry age etc. in detail at different stages.
Steps for atal pension yojana online apply
To enrol for Atal Pension Yojna (APY) account, applicant have to follows an easy procedure. The step-by-step guide is given below-
- Approach the bank branch where applicant’s savings account is held. In case applicant have not an account he/she can open one.
- Fill the APY application form.
- Provide Aadhar card/ mobile number.
- Complete all the other formalities.
- Once account is opened, subscriber must ensure that there is minimum required balance in the account for the transfer monthly contribution for this scheme.
Apart from this, applicants can also fill APY registration form and enroll them by using net banking. Subscriber can open only account under his/her name. At the time of application, it is mandatory for subscribers to furnish the details of the nominee wherever applicable in APY account. They also have to provide their Aadhaar details.
After successful enrolment, periodic statements will be provided to the subscribers as part of intimation. Subscriber will receive statements of account in the form of SMS alert as well as in physical form.
Withdrawal of APY
The applicant who wants to discontinue the scheme can refer to the following conditions which provides adequate details to withdraw APY.
- Subscriber attains the age of 60 years
Subscriber can exit from APY on the completion of 60 years. After that pension will be made available to the subscriber with 100% annuitization.
- Death of subscriber
In case of death of the subscriber, the return of corpus () will be made available to the spouse. And if both subscriber die, the pension amount will be given to the nominee.
- Exit before the age of 60 years
Yes, voluntary retirement before the age of 60 years is allowed under APY. The contribution made by the subscriber to APY will be calculated and the original interest earned on the sum will be provided to the applicant.
Atal Pension Yojana Penalty for Default
The saving account under APY will be considered default if sufficient balance will not be maintained for contribution on due date. In such situation, bank will charge extra amount for delayed payments.
The additional amount that will collected from the account holder is shared below-
- One rupee per month for the contribution up to Rs.100/- per month.
- Two rupee per month for contribution between Rs.101 to 500/- per month.
- Five rupee per month for contribution of Rs.501/- to Rs.1000/- per month.
- Rs.10/- per month for contribution more than Rs.1001/- per month.
Atal Pension Scheme Discontinuation of payment
Subscribers must ensure that their APY account is funded enough for auto debit of contribution amount. Otherwise, subscribers will face following issues if there is a discontinuation of payments of contribution amount-
- After 6 months, APY account will freeze
- After 12 months, APY account will be deactivated
- After 12 months, APY account will be closed
Process of APY Clearance?
To avail the guaranteed minimum monthly pension the applicant has to submit a request in concerned bank / post office. After the successful request is submitted to the subscriber, Monthly pension will be received on the basis of contribution. After the death of the subscriber, the monthly pension will be payable to the husband / wife (default mortgage). After the death of both the defaulters, the principal will be eligible to receive pension code up to the age of 60 years of the original provider.
APY Mobile Application
Mobile application version which contains all the information about APY can be easily downloaded from the link given below. The mobile application has now been loaded with additional features that includes Registration in APY, APY Information/Services, APY Pension Calculator, APY Ki Pathshala. The mobile version provide much more information about the APY Portal in systematic way.
The application is available on play store and can be downloaded through the direct links given below.
Download the Atal Pension Yojana Mobile Application (For Anroid)
Download the Atal Pension Yojana Mobile Application (For App Store)
Swavalamban Yojana and Atal Pension Yojana
Atal Pension Yojana is a replacement of Swavalamban Yojana with additional features. The registered users/ subscriber of Swavalamban Yojana aged between 18 -40 years were migrated to APY scheme. However, it was all upon the subscribers (of age beyond 40 years) whether they want to opt-out Swavalamban Scheme with the withdrawal of lump-sum amount or to continue till the age of 60 years.
How to track my Atal Pension Contribution?
The details of the contribution made for the APY can be known through SMS which will be provided by the NSDL. Once the payment is received, applicant will get the notification about the contribution through SMS. Applicants can also download the mobile application to know about the total contribution made by them. The details of the contribution statement pdf can also be collected from the application. The mobile application will also provide updates about the Atal Pension Yojana.
The table contains all the important links along with the necessary forms required by the applicant to enroll for the Atal Pension Yojana. Please go through the details below.
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Subscriber Registration||APY Subscriber Registration Form|
APY Subscriber Registration Form – Swavalamban Yojana Subscribers
|Subscriber Maintenance||Subscriber details Modification and Change of APY-SP Form|
Form to upgrade / downgrade pension amount under APY
|Withdrawal and Continuation||APY Death & Spouse Continuation Form|
Voluntary Exit APY Withdrawal Form
|Service Provider Registration||APY Application for Banks to be registered under Atal Pension Yojana|
APY – Service Provider Registration Form
|Grievance||Subcriber Grievance Registration(G1) Form for APY Subscriber|
APY Common Grievance
Atal Pension Yojana FAQs
An APY account is unique, therefore, a subscriber can open only one account.
The minimum period of contribution to APY would be 20 years or more.
The minimum age of joining APY is 18 years whereas the maximum age is 20 years.
The status will be intimated to the subscriber through SMS alerts on their registered mobile no. Apart from this, subscribers will also receive physical statement of Account.
In case of dislocation, contribution can be remitted through auto debit facility.
Yes, it is mandatory for subscribers to have a saving bank account to join APY scheme.
The due date is decided according to the initial date of deposit of contribution to APY account.
Ans.- Government of India provide co-contribution of 50% to the contribution of the subscriber or Rs.1000/- per annum, whichever is lower. This co-contribution is only provided to those who are not tax-payer or beneficiary of any Statutory Social Security Scheme.
Co-contribution is eligible to each APY subscriber for 5 years who enroll into the scheme between 1st June 2015 to 31st December 2015. The benefit of co-contribution is only for five years for all the subscribers include subscribers of Swavalamban scheme.
No, APY is open to all the banks. Eligible applicant having account in any bank can join APY.
NPS is a pension scheme which is sponsored from the Government. The applicants who have NPS account can also enroll for the Atal Pension Yojana.
Applicants can withdraw from the yojana. The withdrawal can be only after the completion of 60 years of age of the applicant. The foreclosing of the yojana will provide the applicant to get the amount provided in the article. The contribution made by the subscriber to APY will be calculated and the original interest earned on the sum will be provided to the applicant.
The application can be modified after filling a modification form which will be available on the associate bank where you have applied for the APY.
The APY has now been included within the Aadhar Act. Therefore, it is mandatory for the applicant to have Aadhar number
The application form for various processes can be downloaded from the link here i.e. https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/nsdl-forms.php
The applicant can will be provided the option to increase or decrease the monthly contribution only one time. In order to increase the pension amount, the subscribers have to pay the amount of contribution at the rate of 8% on monthly installment basis while reducing the amount In the case, the additional amount of contribution collected from the donor will be returned to the donors along with the returns issued to it.
The authority provides the auto debit facility which automatically deducts the contribution amount from your account. Contribution can be made monthly / quarterly / half yearly intervals.
The authority will charge interest on the delayed period and if the contribution is not done for a long period the authority shall freeze, deactivate and close the Atal Pension Account of the beneficiary.
Atal Pension Yojana Toll-Free- 1800-110-069