Assam New Ration card List 2021: Under the Nation Food Security Act, 2013 the Assam government under the Public Distribution Scheme has issued the ration Cards to the Consumers of the state of Assam. The article covers the information on the procedure for applying for Assam Ration Card, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, and other information regarding the Assam Ration Card. Viewers are advised to go through the article completely so as not to miss the important details at the end.
Update from Union Budget 2021-: The allocation for the food subsidy budget 2021-22 has been set to 2.43 lakhs crore. The higher the budget for the food security there will be rise in the quality and quantity of the ration distributed to the cardholders.
The government has helped a huge number of beneficiaries by providing the free ration at the time of covid-19. As of now the impact of the pandemic is decreasing the applicants can now avail the ration from the fair shops through the ration card only.
Ration cards nowadays have become the necessary document issued by the state government for through which benefits in the subsidized ration is provided under the PDS Scheme. The Ration Card at present is issued under the NFSA Scheme in the State of Assam for the benefit especially of the deprived or poor people of the society. Before the introduction of NFSA 2013 in Assam, there used to be three types of Ration Cards which were known as Family Identity Cards in the state of Assam. There was another type of ration card that was previously provided by the authority for the people of the state which was known as MMASY ( Mukhya Mantri Anna Suraksha Yojana) Card.
- 1 Assam Ration Card
- 2 Who can apply for a Ration Card under NFSA?
- 3 Procedure for Applying for Assam fcsca Ration card
- 4 Assam Ration card list 2021
- 5 Other Schemes by the Assam Government
Assam Ration Card
The three types of ration cards were categorized in as follows:
- APL (Above Poverty Line)
- BPL (Below Poverty Line)
- AAY (Antodaya Anna Yojana) under PDS/TPDS.
Along with these cards, there was another type of Ration Card which was issued by the govt of Assam known as Mukhya Mantri Anna Suraksha Yojana Card. After the implementation of the NFSA in the State, the Government discontinued all the Ration Cards and issued only two types of Ration cards which are known as:
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Ration Card
Antyodaya Anna Yojana is a food scheme by the govt to provide highly subsidised ration to beneficiaries of the below poverty line families. This card is also known as the PDS card, which is used as a form of identification, ensuring that the card holder is entitled to receive the level of rations according to the card limit. AAY provides food grains at a highly subsidized rate of Rs.2 per kg for wheat and Rs.3 per kg for rice. The AAY card is for the lower working class of people and others whose income is less than 1 lakh per annum.
Priority Household (PHH) Ration Card
In this schemethe ration cards holders of the families are issued 8 kgs of ration per month. Beneficiaries of this type ration card are entitled for the ration of rate of Rs5/ Kgs at the rate of Rs 3/ kgs. 5 kgs of ration is provided under the Central Scheme under the National Security Act-2013 and 3 kgs of ration is provided is the scheme of state. The scheme covers the the poor class and the vulnerable sections of the society which are generally landless labourers, marginal farmers and daily wage workers of the inferior sections of the economy. For this type of ration card the annual family income should be below 1 lakh per annum.
|Card Types||Colour||Annual Family Income per annum||Ration issued per kg/month||Rate per kg|
|AAY||Multicoloured||Below 1 Lakh||35kg/card||3|
|PHH||Multicoloured||Below 1 lakh||5kg/family member||3|
Who can apply for a Ration Card under NFSA?
The ration card is provided under the National Food Security Act 2013. The act is applicable to PAN India. The applicant is entitled to receive a certain quantity of food grains. The complete information about the same will be discussed in this article. Read the types of category of the individual who can apply for the ration card under NFSA.
|Any person/individual who is not having a ration card||In this the eldest woman in the family who is a permanent resident of the state with an annual family income of less than Rs.1,00,000/- can apply for getting a new Ration Card under the NFSA 2013, following that the applicant fulfils all the criteria to become eligible as a beneficiary under NFSA 2013. In the absence of an adult female member in the family, the eldest male person can apply for a ration card.|
|If Applying for Duplicate Ration Card||the applicant is also eligible ifIn case the applicant’s Ration Card is lost, torn, mutilated, or unreadable. The concerned authority can issue the duplicate ration card to the applicant after all documents are verified.|
|The Applicant having ration card at the previous place||This is only applicable in the case of applicants who get transfers from one place to another. In this case, the applicant has to submit the Surrender Certificate from the concerning FCS & CA authority of that place from where the applicant was residing earlier.|
|If Entry Is to be made after marriage in the ration card||for this, the deletion certificate is required from the previous place of residence, which is to be issued by the concerned authority.|
|In case of new born child||In this, the birth certificate of the child is required along with a ration card in which the addition has to be made along with the written application by the applicant to the FCS &CA authority.|
Procedure for Applying for Assam fcsca Ration card
The process to apply for the Assam FCSA Ration Card can be easily known through the steps provided below.
- The applicant has visit the concerned Food Civil Supplies& Consumer Affairs Branch of DC’s / SDO office for the basic inquiry related to ration card application.
- Go the official portal of PDS at www.pdsportal.nic.in/main.aspx#.
- In the menu, go to PDS Stake Holders>In States> and click on “District Food And Supply Officer” and “FPS Dealers”.
- Choose the state (Assam) and click on it.
- A new window will open, select the State, District, and Block/Tehsil and click on view report.
- In the respective district page, the user can navigate to the “department” menu and locate the for-contact details.
- Visit the respective office and collect the application form to apply for a ration card.
- Fill all the details correctly and carefully asked in the application form.
- Attach all the copies of required documents with the application form and submit to the respective authority.
- On receiving the applicant’s application for the ration card, the concerned authority/official will cross-check the details given in the application form and will issue a receipt of the application to the applicant.
- If the process is successful with no objection the applicant will receive the ration card through postal mode or be collected from the concerned office.
Also Check Punjab ration card
Documents Required for fcsca Assam Ration Card
The list of documents that are required for processing a new ration for the state of Assam is provided below.
- Details of all family members
- Birth certificates of minor members of the family
- Copy of Name in Voter List
- Copy of Receipt of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay
- Surrender certificate of Ration Card holder by the family
- Transfer certificate from the FCS & CA authority where the applicant was previously resided.
- Address Proof (Driving License / Bank Passbook / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill)
Documents for Duplicate Ration Card
- Self-Declaration Certificate by the applicant
- Police Report filed
- Required Documents for Separate Ration Card
- Original copy of Surrender Certificate
- Original copy of Parental Ration Cards
- Certificate From Village Pradhan/Gaon Panchayat / Parshad
- No Objection Certificate by the Family head of the existing Parental Ration Card for addition of family members
- Date of Birth certificate (Birth Certificate / X Passing Certificate / Birth certificate)
- Address proof
- Photo Identity / Voter card / PAN card/ Driving license / Passport
Documents for Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender
- Original copy of Ration Card
- Voter Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate/X Passing Certificate)
- Surrender Certificate in original (for inclusion, if any)
- Death Certificate of the deceased member of the family.
Documents for Change of Head of Family
- Original copy of Ration Card
- Death Certificate of a deceased member of the family
- No Objection Certificate by the family head
Documents for Child to Adult Conversion
- Original Ration Card
- Date of Birth Proof (Birth Certificate / X Passing Certificate)
Documents for Change of Residential Address
- Original Ration Card
- Photo Id / Election Identity Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
Eligibility for Assam Ration Card
- The applicant and his/her family members should be a domicile holder of the state or should be the permanent resident of the state.
- The applicant and his family members must not possess a ration card in any other State in India and if so, then they have to withdraw the same before applying for the new one.
- None other than the applicant and his family members are eligible.
- If the applicant is recently married and has his name in the family ration card, then the applicant and his spouse should get their name deletion certificates from the concerned authorities.
Assam Ration Card Processing Time
If the application for Ration Card is fair, complete and verified by the concerned authorities, the time for processing will take approx. 2 to 3 weeks.
Information Required for Assam Ration Card
- Applicant details.
- Details of other members of the family and their relationship with head of the family
- Date of Birth certificates and age of all the members of the family.
- Address proof of the applicant.
- Occupation of the applicant.
Assam Ration card list 2021
- First, click on the Official Website link given here: http://184.108.40.206/ASSAM_PDS/
- Now After that Choose Your
- District Name -> Tehsil Name -> Village Name
- Now look for your Unique RC ID Code, Applicant Name, Father/Spouse Name, Type of Ration Card that will appear on your screen.
As per the latest records following is the category wise Ration Card registered in Assam as in year 2021.
|Category||No. of Ration Card registered|
National Food Security Act, 2013
The National Food Security Act came into action by Government of India in 10th September, 2013. The NFSA Scheme is imposed in the State of Assam for the benefit of the poor generally the people of the society. Under the Scheme, approximately over 55 lakh families are aim to be covered . On implementation of this Scheme, the ration card holders will get rice at 5Kg. per head per month selected under priority households at Rs. 3.00 per Kg. and AAY household will get 35 Kg. of rice per family per month at the rate of Rs. 3.00 per Kg. This scheme was launched in state on 24-12-2015.
Features of the NFSA, 2013
- The Nutritious ration of 600 Calories to all pregnant women and lactating mothers is mandatory which can be taken home with a maternity advantage of at least Rs 6,000 for six months.
- The children from 6 months to 14 years of age will be receiving free hot mid-day meals which they can also take home.
- The funds is to be provided by the central govt to states in case of shortage of supplies of food grains.
- in case of short supplies of food grains, it is the duty of central government to protect the food grain allocation of the states for at least six months;
- There will be a redressal mechanism at the state and district level.
- For the monitoring of the activities underr the NFSA, State Food Commissions are to be formed.
- The expense in the scheme implementation is around to be 1.25 lac crore which is close to approximately 1.5% of GDP.
- The poorest people of the society who are covered under the Antodaya yojana will be entitled to the 35 kg of grains given to them under the mentioned scheme under NFSA.
Duties of Cardholders
Being an important document for the beneficiary it is very important to preserve the ration card allotted by the authority. The process of obtaining the ration card takes around 15 to 20 days. Authorities issues the card to the one who is eligible to avail the ration. Being a cardholder, it is the responsibility of the individual to follow.
- The ration Card should be used by only the cardholder to whom the card is issued.
- While receiving the subsidized ration, the cardholder must properly check the quantity of the food grains. As per the NFSA 2021, each individual is entitled to about 6 kg of Food grains.
- No overwriting on the ration card should be done by the cardholder. In case you have the ration book the details of entry on it will be made by the fair shop dealer. The cardholder is requested not to write anything on the ration card.
- In case of loss or stolen, the details of the card must be shared by the competent authority person and the application should be registered regarding the application for a new ration card. The details regarding the new ration card can be known by visiting the nearby food and civil supplies office.
- In case of death of the member whose name is included in the ration card must be removed. Applicants have to affix the death certificate form on the name removing form issued by the authority.
Other Schemes by the Assam Government
In this scheme, the selected women beneficiaries fulfilling the criteria of the BPL category are provided with a free LPG connection. In the 2nd phase of implementation of this scheme, it has benefited more than 1,43,035 families to get their LPG connection absolutely free of cost and with no hidden charges.
Village Grain Bank Scheme
It is another scheme meant to provide food security to those people who live in flood-prone and drought-affected areas and remote or inaccessible hilly areas of the state. Many people have benefited from this scheme.
Jana Kerosene Pariyojana
the following scheme is being Implemented by Oil Companies under the State govt. It is one of those schemes which is being monitored by the Food & Civil Supplies department of the state. This scheme has also covered many poor families of the underprivileged section of the society.
Please refer to the important Frequent Asked Question about the Assam Ration Card
The application for ration card will be in offline mode.
It could be transferred or can apply for new one. For more details contact your nearest dealer.
Yes, it is mandatory.
As per the PDS rules, there is as such no provision.
The online form can be downloaded from the direct links present in the article. Candidates can view the preview of the Assam Ration card in the article.
The other schemes that strengthens the food security in the state are Randhanjyoti Scheme, Village Grain Bank Scheme and Jana Kerosene Pariyojana. The schemes are briefly described in the article. Please refer to the complete article to get all the latest updates about the schemes.
The act was implemented for the citizens of the Country. Under the act, cardholder receives an entitlement of rice at 5Kg/head/month selected under priority households at Rs. 3.00/Kg and AAY household will get 35Kg of rice per family per month at the rate of Rs. 3.00/Kg.
The state government has abolished two types of ration card after the implementation of the NFSA 2013, previously, there were APL, BPL and AAY. Now, there are Antyoday Anna Yojana (AAY) Ration Card and Priority Household (PHH) Ration Card.
Applicants who want to avail the ration card need to download the application form from the official portal. After this applicant have to visit the authority for verification and further process.
The processing of ration card take at least 15 to 20 days for its completion. The applicants waiting for the ration card have to visit the fcsca office in order to collect the ration card. Do not forget to carry the acknowledgement slip with you.
The beneficiary list can be checked through the steps provided in the article. candidates can also check the list through direct link provided here @ Assam Ration Card Beneficiary List .
The details of the fail price shop can be know by visiting the web address given here @ List of Fair Price Shops. After clicking on the link, select your state, block and district and process to submit the window.
The acknowledgement number is the receipt that is provided to the cardholder when his/her all the documents are verified. The applicant have to show this acknowledge receipt to the authority in order to avail the ration card.