Assam Government has announced a new scheme to provide assistance to the poor families and economically backward families of the state. This is a state-level financial assistance scheme that has been named “Arunodoi/ Oronodoi Scheme”. The announcement about the launch of Arunodoi Scheme was initially made by the present Finance Minister of Assam Himanta Biswa Sarma. In his budget speech. It is among the 18 flagship schemes of the Assam government.
Arunodoi or Orunodoi scheme is a state-funded scheme under which financial assistance of Rs.830 will be provided to eligible poor households of the state on a monthly basis. The Finance Department of the Government of Assam is the authority responsible for rolling out, implementing, and monitoring this scheme. It is one of the biggest financial support providing schemes of the state through which nearly 19 lakh poor and economically backward families will be benefited.
In this article, you will get detailed information on how to apply for arunodoi scheme in Assam, arunodoi scheme Assam eligibility criteria, timeline, documents required, features, arunodoi scheme form pdf, beneficiary list etc.
Assam Arunodoi (Orunodoi) Scheme- A brief detail
|Name of the scheme
|Assam Arunodoi (Oronodoi) অৰুণোদই scheme
|State Level scheme
|Finance Department, Government of Assam
|Finance Minister of Assam
|Date of launch
|2nd October 2020
|19 lakh families (Approx)
|Poor households in the state
|Amount to be paid
|Rs.830/- per family per month
|Mode of fund transfer
|Direct Bank Transfer (DBT)
|To be released soon
|Assam finance department portal
|Application Form PDF
Salient Features of Arunodoi Scheme
- Arunodoi or Orunodoi Scheme is a state-funded scheme launched by the Assam Government for providing monthly financial assistance to the poor families of the state.
- It is one of the biggest funded schemes of the state and also one of the 18 flagship schemes of the state government.
- This scheme is meant only for the residents of Assam.
- Monthly financial assistance of Rs.830/- will be provided to each beneficiary household through the method of Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
- Women empowerment and assisting poor & vulnerable households in the state by providing financial support to them is the motto of this scheme.
- A sum of nearly Rs.2800 crores has been sanctioned by the state government for this scheme.
- The scrutiny of prospective beneficiaries will be done at Block and district levels.
- Only eligible households will be able to fill out applications.
- A final beneficiary list will be prepared and on the basis of which financial assistance will be provided to the beneficiaries.
- The fund will be transferred through DBT in the name of the woman of the household preferably as she is the main caretaker of the house.
- Priority will be given to the poor households having female members as women empowerment is one of the objectives of this scheme.
Objectives of Assam Oronodoi (অৰুণোদই) Scheme
The main objective behind the launch of every scheme is to provide assistance to the target beneficiary. Check the objectives of ambitious Arunodoi scheme given below-
- Empowering women of the state.
- Eradication of poverty.
- Provide financial support to the poor and vulnerable families living in the state.
- Socio-economic inclusion of the families that are economically backward and financially weak.
Scope of Orunodoi Scheme
Under this scheme, a total sum of Rs. 830 will be provided to the selected beneficiaries on a monthly basis. This benefit will be provided so that they can procure medicine, sugar and pulses. fruits and vegetables. Out of the total amount, Rs.400 will be provided to them for procuring medicines, Rs.200/- for 50% subsidy for 4 kilograms of pulses, Rs.80/- for 4kg of sugar (50% subsidy), and Rs.150/- will be provided for fruits and vegetables.
|For procuring medicines
|50% subsidy for 4 kgs of pulses
|Fruits and vegetables
|50% subsidy for 4 kgs of sugar
|Rs.830/- per month
Arunodoi Scheme Eligibility
Have a look at the eligibility requirements for targeted beneficiaries under this scheme-
- Applicants must be permanent members of Assam state.
- They should presently be residing in the state.
- The total annual income of the household from all the sources should be less than 2 lakh.
- The beneficiary (the female member of the household) must have a bank account and the name in the bank records should be the same as mentioned in the details provided for the scheme. In case a beneficiary does not have a bank account, one must open an account before the date of approval of the application.
Priorities will be given to-
During the process of selecting prospective beneficiaries, priorities will be given to the following households-
- Households having a divorced female, widow, separated female, unmarried female or any specially-abled member.
- Poorer households whether they fall under NFSA or not.
Households to be excluded-
Following households shall be automatically eliminated from the list of beneficiaries for Arunodoi scheme-
- Households not having a female member.
- Current or former MPs or MLAs.
- Current members of Urban Local Bodies and Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- All retired and serving employees of the State, central government, ministries/departments, PSUs and autonomous bodies.
- All engineers, doctors, CAs, Lawyers, govt. contractors, architects, etc.
- Families in possession of more than 15 bighas of agricultural land.
- Those who pay income tax.
- Families have a mechanized boat or four-wheeler. (However, families owning a two-wheeler are eligible).
- Families in possession of a tractor.
- Households have a washing machine, refrigerator or AC.
Implementation Process of Assam Orunodoi Scheme
The implementation of this scheme will be carried out in different steps. Have a look at the various stages of Orunodoi scheme implementation process given in this section-
- Launch of the scheme
The announcement of the scheme has been already done but officially it was launched in October 2020. Under this step, a widespread launch will be done through various mediums such as print and electronic media so that the scheme can be communicated to all the people of the state.
- Selection of eligible households
In this stage, the selection of prospective households will be done on the basis of guidelines provided by the government. Selection will be done primarily at the Gaon Panchayat/ Urban Local Bodies/ VCDC level. A checklist will be prepared.
- Compilation at Legislative Assembly Constituency (LAC) level
Now, the checklist prepared will be compiled at the LAC level so that it can be used for the next procedure by the concerned department.
- Prioritization of beneficiary list
In this stage, the list forwarded by the GP/ULB/VCDC level will be checked and a list as per the priority criteria will be prepared by the District Level Monitoring Committee (DLMC).
- Application Form Filling
Finally, the approved beneficiaries as per the list will have to fill out the application form. The application form filling procedure will be facilitated by the Oronodoi Sahayaks at GP/UBL/VCDC level and DLMC will ensure that the application process is carried out smoothly.
- Uploading of List Approved
Once the final list will be approved, it will be uploaded and communicated to all.
- Validation of Beneficiaries
Now, the DPT cell of Assam’s Finance Department will validate the beneficiary details. In case of any rectification in detail, an SMS will be sent to the applicants.
- Transfer of Benefit
After validation, finally, amount will be transferred to the registered bank account of the beneficiary through DBT.
Arunodoi Scheme Documents Required
Applicants are required to submit all the necessary documents along with the application form. These documents include-
- Id proof of the applicant
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of resident
- Income certificate
- Ration card
- Bank passbook
- Passport sized photographs
- other supporting documents as prescribed
For more details on necessary documents, applicants can contact the concerned Orunodoi Sahayaks appointed by the government for assisting the prospective beneficiary in the application procedure.
How to Apply for Arunodoi Assam Scheme?
Those who are looking for arunodoi scheme application procedure will get all the related information in this particular section.
Applicants have to submit a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in order to avail the benefit. The application procedure will be online but as of now, no online portal is available. Only a pdf of the application form is available and the link of the same is given below in this section. The finance department of Assam will soon launch an online portal and dashboard for this scheme so that applicants can submit their applications and check their status, beneficiary list, and other information about this scheme.
As soon online portal will be made available, we will update you through this page. For this, you can bookmark this page and keep an eye on this scheme for the latest updates.
As per the official notification, application forms shall be filled only by the eligible beneficiaries selected at various levels. These applicants will be assisted by the people (Orunodoi Sahayaks) appointed by the government at GP/VCDC/ULB level.
Information to be filled in the application form
Applicants need to fill in all the details correctly in the application form in order to avail the benefit. Check the information shared below about the details to be mentioned in the application form given as under-
- Details of Applicant
It includes Name, age, gender, full address detail, contact number, etc.
- Family Details of Applicant
Includes name, gender, age, relationship status and priority status of each family member
- Bank Account details of Applicant
Include Bank Name, Branch name, Account Number, IFSC Code and Annual Family income.
Arunodoi Scheme Beneficiary List
After the identification of beneficiaries of this scheme, the finance department of Assam will prepare a final beneficiary list based on which, assistance will be transferred.
This list will be generated only after the proper identification and scrutiny of prospective beneficiaries by the Department. It is likely to be published on the official portal of the scheme. Only those candidates who will benefit from this scheme whose names will be there in the list.
The process to check the beneficiary list will be updated as the department has not launched any official portal for this scheme yet. Applicants are advised to keep the application receipt with care so that they easily access the beneficiary list.
|Arunodoi Scheme Details
|Check the Beneficiary List Here
|Assam Finance Official Portal
|For Related Updates, Refer To
I am the head of the family and have only a female member in my family who is a minor. Can I nominate my name for this scheme?
Yes, in such cases a male (head of the family) member of the family can nominate his name till the minor female attains the age of 18 years provided the family should fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
I belong to a poor family but possess an old two-wheeler, am I eligible for this scheme?
Yes, you can apply for this scheme if you meet all the selection criteria.