Jagananna Amma Vodi (అమ్మ ఒడి) Apply Application 2019-2020: Lakhs of people who belong to BPL (below poverty line) in Andhra Pradesh were eagerly waiting for the scheme “amma vodi scheme” which was proposed by the Jagan Mohan Reddy in their Manifesto before Election. Now After winning the election CM Jagan Mohan Reddy has given a green signal to “amma vodi Scheme and sanctioned an order to implement the scheme from 26th of January 2020 (Republic day).
Check Here AP Amma Vodi Scheme 1st Provisional Beneficiary List.
Keep checking this page for more updates.
“Jagananna Amma vodi scheme” was launched in the first Cabinet Meeting which was headed by Chief Minister of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. This scheme is a part of their election agenda and they introduce this in their manifesto. main motive of this scheme is to reduce the illiteracy rate in the state. Under this scheme family who are living under below poverty line can apply and will get 15000/- per annum for their ward.
What is “AMMA VODI SCHEME” and Who Can Avail its Benefit
Andhra Pradesh chief minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy has initiated the “Amma Modi Scheme” to empower the education in the state. He introduced this scheme in remembrance of her father “YS Raja sekhar Reddy’s”. This scheme was in their manifesto as a name of “Navratanalu”
Now all of you want to know why this scheme is so popular in Andhra Pradesh. we are going to tell you about all of this. Under this “amma vodi scheme” the State Government will give Rs.15000/- a year through cheque to the Mother and Guardian who will send their children to school. For this scheme family must be a native citizen of Andhra Pradesh state.
All mothers or recognised guardians who belong to the BPL family having white Ration Card send their children who are studying between class 1st to class 12th to any recognised institution included Government, private schools and junior colleges, residential schools and colleges in state which comes under this “amma vodi Scheme”. Main motto of this scheme is to Promote the literacy rate in the state so that not a single child left illiterate.
Key points of “AMMA VODI SCHEME”
|Scheme Introduced By||CM YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Name of scheme||AMMA VODI SCHEME 2020|
|Date of proposed||10th of June 2019|
|Scheme will be Monitored By||AP Education Department|
|Date on which scheme will be implemented||9th January 2020|
|Mode of application||OFFLINE/ONLINE|
|Beneficiary||Students studying in government and private aided/unaided schools(BPL)|
|Benefits of scheme||15000 Rs will be granted to the beneficiary mother /guardian|
|The scheme was granted to||Poor children of private /government schools|
|Scheme launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
Mothers or guardians who are benefitting from this scheme should ensure that his /her children should maintain the 75% attendance. Officials under this scheme at district level started shortlisting beneficiaries who come under the scheme and most probably the first list of beneficiaries who comes under amma vodi will be announced in the 25th December.
For this the User IDs and Passwords were given to the Principal of Government and Private schools to uploads the details of students in the online portal after checking their attendance. Details required is aadhar number of both student and his mother and mother bank details with IFSC code.
There is a deadline for schools to submit their data. School whose strength is less than 100 should submit the details before 25th of November. And schools whose strengths is between 100 to 300 submit the details on 26th of November. While schools whose strengths is more than 300 their deadline is 27th November. But there are some school management who are saying that this deadline should be increased because they cannot collect data on a single day for a whole academic year it requires time.
Presently there are 44,400 government colleges are working in the state, and 37.03 lakhs children are studying and gaining education in government schools.
“Amma Vodi” Eligibility Criteria
Those beneficiary who satisfy the “amma vodi scheme” can apply for the scheme:
- According to the rule mother and the Guardian should belong to the BPL family
- Family should have white ration card.
- They should have a valid aadhar card or voter ID.
- Student of the beneficiary must be studying in class 1st to 12th in government or in private aided and private unaided school’s/ Jr. colleges including residential schools /colleges in the state from the Academic year 2019-2020.
- Mother or guardians must ensure that his/her children must have 75% attendance in his school.
- Parents and children should be the citizens of Andhra Pradesh.
- If child discontinue the study in middle of the session of academic year then he will not be able to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- State or central government employee are not eligible for this scheme.
What if you don’t have aadhar or ration card?
If you don’t have a white ration card and aadhar card, then village or ward volunteer will certify you as eligible and after a six stage filtration process your details will be forwarded to the mandal education officer. And this whole process should be completed before 30th November.
Benefits of the scheme
- This scheme will encourage the poor families to send their children to the schools and get a good education to stand tall in the society.
- It will provide financial assistance to those families who are below the poverty line and help their children to get access to higher education.
- It will kill child labour in the entire state and educate the upcoming generation and give a rise to a better educated society.
- The beneficiary will get a financial assistance of 15000/- Rs per year.
- The amount will be directly credited into the Mother’s or Guardians account.
- This scheme will help to increase the literacy rate in the state.
- The students of Below Poverty Line are also able to get an education.
- This will promote education among children and reduce the dropout rate in state. Who left their study due to financial problem?
- In case a student discontinues his education during the academic year, then the benefit for the academic year will not be granted to their beneficiary.
Some Mandatory Documents Required to apply
The government laid down some rules and criteria under the eligibility of this “amma vodi scheme”:
- The applicant must have a valid Aadhar card.
- He should have a white Ration Card issued by the government.
- Address Proof (eg. Voter id card, aadhar card, electricity bill etc)
- Name of school where the children is studying.
- Bank account details (mother or Guardian)
- Mother’s Passport size photo.
- School identity card (to confirm whether the students is part of that school or not)
How to apply for “Amma Vodi Scheme”
For this you have to visit the official website of the AP government to download the application form.
- After downloading the form take a printout of it.
- Affix children new passport size photo in it.
- After filling the form with all the necessary details
- Attached the required documents with it and,
- Submit the filled form to the nearest office or,
- You can submit it online through the official portal ap.gov.in
Note: Before submitting the form check the form that all the necessary details is filled by or not.
This scheme was introduced by YSR Jagan Reddy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Family who are living Below Poverty Line can send their children who are studying in class 1st to 12th will get financial aid from the government.it is provisioned that the mothers will get financially aid annually as a financial assistance so that she can send her ward to school. Read more here
15000/- per annum
You can apply for this scheme online or offline through the government portal.
Yes, there are few documents like white ration card, student school identity card, aadhar card, address proof, name of school, mother passport size photo.
Yes, children should have 75% attendance in an academic year.
If children discontinue thier school then they will not be part of this amma vodi scheme and will not be granted money.
If you don’t have aadhar or ration card then village or ward volunteer will certify you as eligible and after a six stage filtration process your details will be forwarded to the mandal education officer. And this whole process should be completed before 30th November.