Amma Two Wheeler Scheme: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Amma Two Wheelers Scheme in February 2018. The scheme was launched to celebrate the 70th birth anniversary of the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu i.e., Jayalalithaa who was also known as Amma. The scheme is launched in order to provide subsidies to working women. Through the Amma Two Wheeler Yojana, the government is providing upto Rs. 25,000 to purchase a two-wheeler.
The application form is available online on the official website of the Tamil Nadu Corporation for the Development of Women. If the readers are interested to know more about the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme then do read the following article thoroughly.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
According to the officials, the scheme will provide benefits to approximately 10,000 working women every year. The authorities have distributed around 2.07 lakh two-wheelers with an expenditure of Rs. 468.75 crores till March 2020. To get the benefits of the அம்மா இரு சக்கர வாகனத் திட்டம், readers must fill out the application form. Before applying for the scheme, one must read the eligible conditions thoroughly.
In case, any ineligible candidate tries to take the advantage of the scheme then their application will not be accepted. In the following article, we have mentioned details such as eligible conditions, the application process, etc.
Tamil Nadu Amma Two Wheeler Scheme: At a Glance
|Name of the Scheme||Amma Two Sheeler Scheme|
|Launched By||PM Narendra Modi|
|Launch Date||February 2018|
|Objective||Provide a subsidy to purchase two wheeler|
அம்மா இரு சக்கர வாகனத் திட்டம் Eligibility Criteria
The concerned authority has also set some conditions for citizens who are going to apply for the scheme. Given below is the list of conditions that need to be fulfilled by every interested reader:
- The minimum age of the candidates applying for the scheme should be 18 years old.
- The maximum age of the aspirants applying for the scheme should be 40 years old.
- The annual income should not be more than Rs. 2.5 lakh.
- Aspirants must have appeared for the Class 8th examination.
- Candidates must have Driving License or Learner’s License for two-wheelers.
- Pwd Women and ASHA workers will be given preference for the scheme.
- Women who are travelling a huge distance for their job.
- Women who are working in govt-organization, projects, shops, etc.
- Females who are working in any of the community-based organisations will be preferred.
Benefits of the TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme is providing several benefits to working women. The scheme is highly beneficial for candidates belonging to the Economically Weaker Section. Given below are some of the benefits of the Amma Two Wheeler Yojana:
- Around one lakh women will be benefitted from the scheme each year.
- The government will provide a 50% subsidy or Rs. 25,000 for the scooter.
- It will provide safety as well as relief from covering the long distance for work.
- Women can also take a loan to cover the rest of the cost of the two-wheeler.
- With this scheme, many women will feel motivated to work.
How to apply for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme?
Applicants who want to apply for the scheme can look here. The following paragraph includes the procedure following which applicants will be able to apply for the scheme easily. Given below are the steps to apply for the TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme:
- Start the process by visiting the official website of the Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women i.e., https://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/
- Now, find and download the application form for the Two Wheeler Scheme.
- After that, fill out the application form and attach all the required documents to the application form.
- And then submit it to the respective Block Offices or Urban Local Body Office.
- After that, the concerned authority will provide the application number as well as an acknowledgement receipt.
- Keep it safe for further reference.
Required Documents for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Aspirants must keep some documents while filling out the application form for the scheme. The details of the required documents will be needed while applying for the recruitment. Given below is the list of documents that will be needed for the Tamil Nadu Amma Two Wheeler Yojana:
- Date of Birth Proof
- Aadhar Card of the applicant
- Residence Proof
- Aspirant’s DL or LLR
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Employment Proof
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Bank Passbook, etc.
Eligible Vehicles Under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The given below features of vehicles are eligible for Amma Two Wheelers Scheme:
- Both gearless as well as auto- gesture two-wheelers are eligible under the scheme.
- Only brand-new two-wheelers are eligible. The second-hand scooter cannot be subsidized.
- The engineering capacity of the scooter should be a maximum of 125cc.
- The manufacturing of the scooter should be done on or after 1st January 2018.
Reservations for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The concerned government has also provided reservation quotes to all the women belonging to the reserved category. Some part of the number of beneficiary women will be from the reserved category. 21% of the scheme allocation will be reserved for women belonging to the SC category every year. Women belonging to the ST category will get a reservation of 1% in the scheme. Finally, women who are PH will get reservations of 4% every year in the scheme allocation.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme: Important Links
|Visit the Official Website||Tamil Nadu Mahalir Website|
|Follow to get the latest updates||NVSHQ Website|
Note: All the readers are hereby informed that it has been stated by some known media that the scheme has been scrapped by the DMK government. For any queries related to the scheme, contact here:
Phone Number: +91 44 2817 3412
Fax: +91 44 2817 3409
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Aspirants can get to know about their application status by contacting the authority through the above-mentioned contact details.
No, the officials are not accepting any online applications for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme.
We believe that the readers found our article informative enough. For any feedback related to the topic then do tell us in the comment section.